Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Eternally Mediocre Girl Maelodic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Retribution will not have a save.

Right now, the extra Light in the Spirit Cleaves works like Pact damage, and has the same saves/DCs.
    Alright, so no CHA dumped locks then =P
    ~Sarlona~
    Maelodic - Soundblaster| | Kinsys - Cookie Cutter Monk

Martial weapon proficiency at level 12 is rather late when compared to Eldritch knight(lvl2) or Warchanter(lvl3). It will surely be moved to a lower core.

Eldritch Aura has to work with Bewitching Blast and Faltering Blast to some degree(reduced chance of proccing is ok) or using this tree offensively can be somewhat boring. Cleave replacements might be nice but they also limit amount of build options as they make some of the very few possibly useful melee attack feats not neccessary. These cleave replacements are not like ones in KoTC as they are not actual cleaves. Maybe remove cooldown sharing and rebalance their cooldowns accordingly?

As only tree that really allows you to swing a sword a tactical melee or ranged attack could be nice. Also some more damage/dps increases besides 3d6 light damage to your physical attacks could fit this tree. Maybe even a way to also boost ally melee damage at the same time. For example Spiritual line could be multiselectors with offensive and defensive options.

This tree is interesting and definately offers a playstyle no other trees in the game does. So I like the idea.

Any Blast essence will work with the aura. As previously mentioned, the aura functions exactly like the blast, it is simply a different shape and frees up your hands for other forms of combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rautis View Post

This tree is interesting and definitely offers a playstyle no other trees in the game does. So I like the idea.
    Yes, this was my initial thought as well. I see some very interesting potential multi-class builds taking advantage of this tree.

Theory is nice, but I prefer to see it in action before I can offer any real feedback.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Martial weapon proficiency at level 12 is rather late when compared to Eldritch knight(lvl2) or Warchanter(lvl3). It will surely be moved to a lower core.
    It definitely could, if enough people think it should. On our end, we don't want it low enough where every single Warlock takes Martial Weapon Proficiency.

Eldritch Aura has to work with Bewitching Blast and Faltering Blast to some degree(reduced chance of proccing is ok) or using this tree offensively can be somewhat boring. Cleave replacements might be nice but they also limit amount of build options as they make some of the very few possibly useful melee attack feats not neccessary. These cleave replacements are not like ones in KoTC as they are not actual cleaves. Maybe remove cooldown sharing and rebalance their cooldowns accordingly?

As only tree that really allows you to swing a sword a tactical melee or ranged attack could be nice. Also some more damage/dps increases besides 3d6 light damage to your physical attacks could fit this tree. Maybe even a way to also boost ally melee damage at the same time. For example Spiritual line could be multiselectors with offensive and defensive options.

This tree is interesting and definately offers a playstyle no other trees in the game does. So I like the idea.
    Bewitching and Faltering Blast work as-written on Eldritch Aura, Eldritch Burst, and Spirit Blast.

We'd expect Pure 20 Warlocks in this tree (with splashing into the others) to be able to hold their own in a fight, but probably not be as strong with their weapon attacks as most Melee classes - They'll also be getting a big chunk of their damage out of the Aura and (as someone above called them) "Spirit Cleaves" (Eldritch Burst/Spirit Blast).

At first I was rather uninterested in this tree because it seemed like a 'let's multiclass warlock with 15 paladin and play melee' type of tree. However, now that I see it...

...holy shnickies! I can imagine a pure 20 warlock in the exalted angel destiny, spamming avenging light, sun bolt, divine wrath, light cleaves, and a bunch of support and healing abilities. This would make a kick-@ss front-line support caster. I'm completely sold on this tree, so far!

The summoner line looks to be the stronger than any of the other summoner enhancement lines in any of the other classes.

However, given that Summon Monster IX summons a CR 16 monster, I have doubts as to its effectiveness against CR70 monsters. The only remaining use is for charmed monsters and/or hirelings. Still, 7 action points and tiers 3-5 is a bit much as well. Would be better in Harper Tree instead.

The synergy with melee isn't bad, but it would never be more than a severely gimped melee. The Eldritch Aura looks like it will hit twice as hard as the FVS Archon, but you would be left with making up the remainder of the dps either with melee or an extremely limited sp pool. That SP pool takes RUIN as well as most epic destiny spells out of the picture. More worrying is the fact that it does less dps at capstone than twisting in Consecration or Energy Burst.

In all, the Enlightened Spirit needs 30% more survivability and 20% more weapon dps.
    Last edited by Infiltraitor; 05-20-2015 at 03:42 PM.
    Reignbeautank - Argo Server.

If you have the Reignbeau character name on Argo server and want to trade it to me, please contact me.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edrein View Post
    I'll reply in depth later but for right now this is looking weak for one of your two 'melee' oriented trees, especially for being the mainly melee proposed one.
    I am interested in where you feel it falls short. I think as a 12 warlock, you can splash something and gain quite a bit from this. Or mainline pally and 6 warlock for some pretty high end utility. Or do an 8/6/6 war, wiz, fighter and see what you can turn yourself into. I dunno, theory wise it can be pretty strong if you tune it right. In the end Lamannia will be the test to prove its worth. but on paper here, it looks strong.

I want to know if the charmed/pet/hireling boosts function with mobs afflicted with 'confusion' from tainted scholar?
    Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    wow. i actually made it to someone's sig! O.o

yay!

Regarding the want for an actual melee attack in the tree...this is the perfect place to put Hideous Blow. Give it cooldown like Slaughter so it's not spammable, and boom, locks have a nasty, nasty melee move to pull out when they need a sudden spike of damage. One swing, kinda like a smite, that applies your Eldritch Blast damage to the attack in addition to whatever else your weapon and all is doing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Infiltraitor View Post
    The summoner line looks to be the stronger than any of the other summoner enhancement lines in any of the other classes.

However, given that Summon Monster IX summons a CR 16 monster, I have doubts as to its effectiveness against CR70 monsters. The only remaining use is for charmed monsters and/or hirelings. Still, 7 action points and tiers 3-5 is a bit much as well. Would be better in Harper Tree instead.

In all, the Enlightened Spirit needs 30% more survivability and 20% more weapon dps.
    It would be interesting if they did something with the pacts to summon special, scaling summons that worked more like beefed up hirelings (similar to Pale Master's Summoned skeleton, but better...?) that complemented the pact you made ("Pact with x" would give "Call x"). The summon would change and scale with level as well as perhaps scale into epics. I think that it is important to note that if a summon like this dies in a quest, they shouldn't be able to be revived, as they should be banished back to their plane and this ability should be 1 time per rest (so essentially, it's a hiring who doesn't count as a slot, and if dies, can only be resurrected after you rest).

Not sure how balanced this could end up being, but it's an idea... the idea of summoning a personal Pit Fiend into epics just sounds like a fun mess.

I'm also not sure how close this would get to PnP considering my knowledge of that is quite limited, but seeing as how they are doing their own iteration of Warlock in DDO, this could be their iteration of the Warlocks summoning things with their pacts.

Community Member TempestAlphaOmega's Avatar

Default Thoughts

I am not a fan of enhancements sharing cool downs with feats. When you did this in the Pally enhancements I understood, but still didn't like it and thought it set a bad precedent. Needless to say (without seeing it in action) I do not like that you have done so again. Does the burst in any way impact the timing of the aura's base damage tick (i.e. does the timer between ticks reset when the bust goes off)?
    Shapshap, League of Extraordinary Ham, Sarlona and a bunch of alts that all have names begining with Sha or Sho. Of course Shapshap could be the alt and one of the others the main, it just depends on what day it is.

Quote Originally Posted by TempestAlphaOmega View Post
    Does the burst in any way impact the timing of the aura's base damage tick (i.e. does the timer between ticks reset when the bust goes off)?
    No, it's in addition to whatever the Aura's doing. (You also don't need to be using the Aura at all to use the Bursts).

I am in no way a build/ability expert, so i don't have sophisticated feedback to offer. I just want to say, though, that this tree looks really fun and well-suited for my playstyle -- mostly melee with summons/hirelings and the occasional spell/buff. The only vague thing I might say is that I'd like to see more abilities that actually provide synergy with using weapons while having the aura on. There are some nice defensive buffs/healing, but unless I missed something (possible!) Retribution is the only thing that specifically acts as an non-aura offensive buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkadios View Post
    I want to know if the charmed/pet/hireling boosts function with mobs afflicted with 'confusion' from tainted scholar?
    Confused enemies are likely not going to be considered charmed for the purposes of bonuses, Augment Summons, etc. We do expect some players to essentially use Confusion in the same places they would use charms, but in a way that requires less fiddly bits (such as using Dismiss Charm so the party can kill it later.)

2016, 2018 Player Council Member Ziindarax's Avatar

About Retribution, which imbues Eldritch blasts, melee attacks, and ranged weapons with Light damage that scales with spell power, Does this effect apply to ranged weapons (such as Shuriken Throwers)?

Also, if I do 2d6-3d6 light damage that scales with spell power, if I have 400 Light Spell-power, what would my max damage be? Can this damage be affected by metamagics?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Hey, everyone. Here's our current design for Enlightened Spirit, one of the three Enhancement Trees for Warlocks in U26. Unlike other Warlocks, Enlightened Spirits turn toward the paths of light, which is reflected in their damage and the types of abilities they get. They're better at close-range AOE than other Warlocks, and have a lot of abilities to support themselves, their allies, and their summons.

Their Eldritch Blast shape works differently from other trees - Their first Core ability is a toggle which takes Eldritch Blast off of your Auto-Attack... and instead puts the damage out every few seconds as an Aura. While this is active, you can't fire Eldritch Blasts normally, but you can wield weapons or fire spells while the Aura deals damage passively. There are also two large AOE Eldritch Blast abilities in the tree that can be used whether or not you have the Aura active. We expect this tree to be popular with some cross-class builds, but should stand on its own as a Warlock as well.

Core Abilities[/B]

• 1 AP, class level 1: Eldritch Aura: Stance: While this is active, your Eldritch Blast changes into an aura. It deals the same damage as your Eldritch Blast to all foes in range every 8 seconds. You cannot fire Eldritch Blasts while in this stance, but may attack normally with weapons and cast spells.

• 5 AP, class level 3: Aura of Courage:You gain immunity to Fear, and all allies around you gain a +4 morale bonus to saving throws against fear. Passive: +5 Healing Amp

• 10 AP, class level 6: Shape Vestments: While wearing Light Armor, you gain +10 Maximum HP and +5 MRR. While wearing Medium Armor you are proficient with, you gain +20 Maximum HP and +10 MRR. Passive: Your Eldritch Aura now affects enemies every 4 seconds.

• 20 AP, class level 12: Aura of Menace: Toggle: You project a 15 meter Aura of Menace, decreasing the saving throws, attack, and armor class of nearby enemies by 2. Passive: Your Eldritch Aura now affects enemies every 3 seconds. Passive: You gain proficiency with all Martial weapons.

• 30 AP, class level 18: Spirit Armor: When your Eldritch Aura is active, each time you are hit by an attack, you gain a stack of Spirit Armor. (Spirit Armor: +1 stacking PRR and MRR. Stacks up to 20 times.) Passive: Your Eldritch Aura now affects enemies every 2 seconds.

• 41 AP, class level 20: Celestial Spirit: +2 CON, +2 CHA.Toggle: When enabled, you float above the ground, gain Feather Falling, and are immune to knockdown effects. When enabled, your Eldritch Blasts gain 3d6 Light damage, and you gain 10 Melee Power, Ranged Power, and Universal Spell Power.

Tier One

1. Resilience of Body: +2/4/6 PRR
    2. Spiritual Defense: While your Eldritch Aura is active, you and nearby allies get a +1/2/3 bonus to AC. You personally receive 5/10/15 Maximum Hitpoints.
    3. Resilience of Soul: +2/4/6 MRR
    4. Brutality: Multiselector: Brute Fighting (attacks)/Brutal Spellcasting (spells) Toggle: Your damaging (attacks/spells) generate [25/50/75]% more hate than they normally would, making enemies more likely to attack you.
    5. Rewards of Tribute: +1/2/3 Heal, Balance, and Intimidate. Rank 3: +1 Fortitude Save

Tier Two

1. Resist Energies: Gives an ally an Enhancement bonus against Fire, Cold, Electric, Acid, and Sonic damage, reducing that type of damage taken by 10. The bonus increases to 20 at caster level 7 and 30 at caster level 11. (SP Cost: 75/70/60)
    2. Spiritual Bastion: While your Eldritch Aura is active, you get +3/6/10 PRR, and nearby allies get +1/2/3 PRR.
    3. Power of Enlightenment: Multiselector: Light or Positive: You gain 5/10/15 (Light or Positive) Spell Power and 2/4/6 Universal Spell Power.
    4. Shield: You permanently gain the effects of the Shield spell.
    5. Action Boost: Defense: Activate to gain a +[5/10/15] Action Boost bonus to Armor Class and Physical Resistance Rating for 20 seconds. (Cooldown: 30 seconds.)

Tier Three

1. Eldritch Burst: Fire your Eldritch Blast in an AOE centered on you. All enemies caught in the burst take 2d6 Light Damage that scales with Spell Power, plus any other effects and damage your Eldritch Blasts produce. This ability shares a cooldown with Cleave.
    2. Spiritual Ward: While your Eldritch Aura is active, you get +3/6/10 MRR, and nearby allies get +1/2/3 MRR.
    3. Power of Enlightenment: Multiselector: Light or Positive: You gain 5/10/15 (Light or Positive) Spell Power and 2/4/6 Universal Spell Power.
    4. Fortify Summons: Your summoned creatures, hirelings, and pets get +25/50/100% fortification, 5/10/15 PRR, and 5/10/15 MRR.
    5. CON/CHA

Tier Four

1. Medium Armor Proficiency: Passive: You gain proficiency in Medium Armor, and the ability to cast arcane spells in medium armor without arcane spell failure.
    2. Retribution: Your Eldritch Blasts, Melee Attacks, and Ranged Attacks gain 1d6/2d6/3d6 Light damage that scales with Spell Power.
    3. Cure Moderate Wounds SLA: Heals 2d6+4 hp plus 1 point per caster level (max 10), as per the Cure Moderate Wounds spell. (Cooldown: 3 Seconds. SP Cost: 8/6/5)
    4. Imbue Summons: Your summoned creatures/hirelings/pets gain 10/20/30 Melee, Ranged, and Universal Spell Power
    5. CON/CHA

Tier Five

1. Spirit Blast: Fire your Eldritch Blast in an AOE centered on you. All enemies caught in the burst take 10d6 Light Damage that scales with spell power, plus any other effects and damage your Eldritch Blasts produce. This ability shares a cooldown with Great Cleave.
    2. Beacon: While your Eldritch Aura is active, all allies within your Aura gain +10 Healing Amp. You personally receive an additional +10 Healing Amp.
    3. Break Forth: Calling upon your patron, you convert the space around you into positive energy, healing 1d8 plus 1 per Warlock level to all nearby allies, remove 1d4 negative levels and 1d6 points of ability damage. Undead take 1d8 Positive damage per Warlock level (Will save for half). (Metamagic: Empower, Empower Heal, Maximize, Quicken. Spell Resistance: Yes)
    4. Displace Summons: Your summoned creatures/hirelings/pets gain a permanent 25% Concealment, as per the item effect "Lesser Displacement", and 10% Dodge.
    5. Displacement SLA: The caster's appearance becomes extremely blurred, giving enemies a 50% miss chance when attacking. (Cooldown: 3 seconds. Activation Cost: 6 SP)

As usual, this is all subject to feedback and change. Let us know what you think!
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

First I would like to say that I am loving what I see so far! Keep up the good work guys =)

So my first couple of questions are regarding the Retribution enhancement. I know it says it scales with spell power, but does it use spell crit? Does the light damage when used with eldritch blast activate Empyrean Magic from the divine crusader epic destiny, or Blood and Radiance from exalted angel?

Also, with the Power of Enlightenment enhancement, if I take one of the two options for one tier do I have to take the other for the second tier, or could they both be the same?

Edit: What about Eternal Scorching Light on thunder forged weapons?
    Last edited by Mahatu; 05-20-2015 at 06:19 PM.

This is also a useful-looking tree, like the other.

A few issues though:

1) There is very little light/positive spellpower here. Could you perhaps put some more in the cores, please?

2) Please uncap the max caster level on Cure Moderate Wounds SLA. It doesn't do very well in epics, at least when I'm playing my Cleric.

3) Martial Weapon Proficiency should be available WAAAYYY before level 12. At low levels (1 through 6) Eldritch Blast won't be very potent, so a Warlock will need a weapon to swing. Swinging a melee weapon is not uncommon amongst some experienced players.

Does Eldritch Burst and Spirit Blast, count toward things like re-setting momentum swing/lay waste etc?

If they're on the same cool down as cleave/great cleave then they should.
    Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    wow. i actually made it to someone's sig! O.o

yay!

Maybe you could get around the martial proficiency at level 12 issue by adding masters touch as a spell choice.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast