Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    Does anyone like any of the named loot? The hat is cool to see but how often are you hit with 4 elemental damages at the same time unprepared? It needed a slot at minimum. The rest... maybe the shield is ok but not spending 2 hrs per run x 200 runs to get a shield that is light as i'm better off with the mrr changes than evasion.
    While I'll admit I don't watch loot discussions much, I'll say that while generally underwhelming on some of the items (and I did say so at the time they were proposed), some of them look real cool (if for nothing else a great cosmetic skin) and some even look useful and worth farming. Don't be such a Negative Nancy, it isn't all "that" bad...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Now with real 100% closing.

Lightbulb Gland

Quote Originally Posted by diequietly View Post
    Why doesn't the council take a moment and get turbine to actually fix G-land.
    Who cares about a new class or these stupid bonus weekend ordeals if G-land will spend
    60% of that time offline. This is getting ridiculous and someone needs to get turbine to
    actually do something about it. Either merg the server or something. And last but not least
    just come out and give us a formal apology. This is what the council should be focusing on
    G-land has the largest population or at least it did. So we should not have to have our voices go
    unheard.
    HA! Do you think that Gland's very own Your-DDO creator and PC member, Ague, hasn't been saying anything about the repetitive downtime of Gland in the PC forums and in the IRC chat? Do you think I've said nothing? I'll tell you that I know that Turbine has replace the majority of the hardware for that server and they are as frustrated by it as us players are. I've personally suggested that they give up on it and merge it into Wayfinder since that is a half dead server anyways, but that hasn't happened yet...

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Shoemaker View Post
    I've personally suggested that they give up on it and merge it into Wayfinder since that is a half dead server anyways, but that hasn't happened yet...
    An interesting idea.

If you move a single toon from one server to another, any reincarnation cache that exist will be destroyed in the moving process. This a know fact if you contact customer service to do such. The same happens to a toon that is undeleted.

The last server merger happened right before the creation of the TR option.

None have happened since.

I am going to assume that a world wide moving of toons would destroy a large amount of TR caches till such tech exists to save them?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    An interesting idea.

If you move a single toon from one server to another, any reincarnation cache that exist will be destroyed in the moving process. This a know fact if you contact customer service to do such. The same happens to a toon that is undeleted.

The last server merger happened right before the creation of the TR option.

None have happened since.

I am going to assume that a world wide moving of toons would destroy a large amount of TR caches till such tech exists to save them?
    I've no idea about how any of it would "work", but I'm sure that it would be "right" if such a thing was to happen. I'd guess they'd fix the process so stuff wouldn't get lost in the merge and then merge the database for Wfinder into the database for Gland and then migrate the merged database into the Wfinder world. I'm also guessing that a direct DB merge wouldn't be the same as copying a single character or account from one server to another and would be a more complete process in of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoemaker View Post
    HA! Do you think that Gland's very own Your-DDO creator and PC member, Ague, hasn't been saying anything about the repetitive downtime of Gland in the PC forums and in the IRC chat? Do you think I've said nothing? I'll tell you that I know that Turbine has replace the majority of the hardware for that server and they are as frustrated by it as us players are. I've personally suggested that they give up on it and merge it into Wayfinder since that is a half dead server anyways, but that hasn't happened yet...
    That is not a very satisfactory response to say the least. How many people need to get ****ed and leave this game before Turbine merges or does something with G-land. Or are they just trying to make G-land a ghost town also. It is of my opinion that it is time to minimize and play damage control by moving the players and their guilds and guild assets to another server. Other wise people will just continue to give up and quit the game. We as the players should not have to pay extra money or have our guilds loose the ships that we have earned and bought do to turbine's lack in abilities to fix this issue.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by diequietly View Post
    That is not a very satisfactory response to say the least. How many people need to get ****ed and leave this game before Turbine merges or does something with G-land. Or are they just trying to make G-land a ghost town also. It is of my opinion that it is time to minimize and play damage control by moving the players and their guilds and guild assets to another server. Other wise people will just continue to give up and quit the game. We as the players should not have to pay extra money or have our guilds loose the ships that we have earned and bought do to turbine's lack in abilities to fix this issue.
    If they merge G-land with another server, it may just cause THAT server to start suffering from G-lands current problems, because after having replaced all the hardware, it is unlikely to be the hardware at fault. And if they add long-term bonuses to G-land before the problem is well and truly solved, the increased load that this server-specific bonus may bring could also add to the problem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123