Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jirodyne View Post
    I would just like to point out, that http://ddocrafting.info/serverStatus/ says the servers are Green and thus online, and yet still getting an error and can't play.
    login server is different from game servers

Default Yourddo

Is there something wrong with the YOURDDO Server Status page, its showing DDO servers as Green across the board - but I keep getting "Failed to read authentication response" ?

Quote Originally Posted by sty2k5 View Post
    and those unable to afford to pay should get left in the dust, completely fair....................
    Good point. The people that can't afford to pay should also get their money back...oh wait

bah I got ninja'd

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    Good point. The people that can't afford to pay should also get their money back...oh wait
    lol, i've spent money on this in the past, i don't see the point of a refund unless you plan on cancelling your subscription in which case, soyanara sucker

I would just like to point out, that http://ddocrafting.info/serverStatus/ says the servers are Green and thus online, and yet still getting an error and can't play.
    Authentication server and world server are most likely different creatures all together

(heh fast reply rate in here)

that's typical when the entire system is brought offline... the server status checks the game worlds, not the login server (which is why you keep getting the errors when trying to log in)

login server is different from game servers
    That is true. However, you use your game login to connect to the Forums and not make a seperate forum account, so the Login Server is the same for the game and forums. If the login server was down for the game, we wouldn't be able to log into the forums either, such as what happened earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Hara View Post
    Is there something wrong with the YOURDDO Server Status page, its showing DDO servers as Green across the board - but I keep getting "Failed to read authentication response" ?
    see my post above...

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    Remember the forum changeover?
    Remember the other times they have updated billing and having your credit card charged 100 times or whatever people were saying was happening to them.
    Oh yeah, I remember those.
    This is very similar to those things in that those and this seems to be completely out of the control of the DDO team.
    In other words, it's not their fault but the fault of the larger organization and there aint a dang thing anyone at DDO can do about it.
    They are in the same boat as us.

Maybe I'm coloring my memory of those events with my feelings about this event, but it seems to me that the player frustration in all of those cases and this one were compounded by a lack of info as to what's going on.

It's almost like the DDO team is as totally frustrated and annoyed as we are.
    Whereas, had this been an error on the DDO team's side, they would be all over the forums with ETA's and explanations (accurate or not).

Only thing is, it doesn't matter who does what or whose end is at fault.
    We just want some info.
    I'll even take BS info.
    Last edited by phillymiket; 05-18-2015 at 04:16 PM.
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps.

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey_No_CCInfo View Post
    We are now 5 hours passed their estimated timeframe for maintenance. I think that now they ought to be evaluating a rollback on whatever maintenance changes they were conducting.

Also, they should also consider compensation to those paying customers that are currently unable to enjoy what they pay for.

you do realize that a 5 hour period of time isn't even 1% of a month right?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Guild Scribe

?I am in.
    We magnetize to our lives what we hold in our thoughts-Anonymous

up!

edit: and a measly 100Xp on my daily roll. poor form, turbine
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Community Member Cauthey_No_CCInfo's Avatar

and those unable to afford to pay should get left in the dust, completely fair....................
    You get what you pay for.

Right now, as a VIP contributor to the game, they are effectively 5 hours outside of their expected up time to me. Per their EULA, they don't have to do anything. However, companies that face unexpected complications with the delivery of their service usually try to put on a good face, and do something extra to make up for those complications. The F2P model is an interesting case here. However, if you do not pay, you arguably have less platform for complaint about their service delivery.

EDIT: And following this post, it looks like I am back in. Thank you, Turbine.

That is true. However, you use your game login to connect to the Forums and not make a seperate forum account, so the Login Server is the same for the game and forums. If the login server was down for the game, we wouldn't be able to log into the forums either, such as what happened earlier.
    it most likely is a shared database... and i would imagine that they have an entire database server farm all of it's own... vBulletin just needs to query the database... DDO needs actual authentication from the "login" server (I apologize, I should have referred to it as authentication server from the start)

Community Member

Hello, just stopped getting the error

p.d. logging in right now

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_the_sly View Post
    Um.... Honestly, it is fine to be frustrated. It is fine to be upset. Big problem is having expectations that cannot be lived up to. I have NEVER heard of an organization that has servers up 99.9% of the time. This game and turbine keep it up about 95%. They are in the REALLY high margins for games. Also, I personally don't like bot players, this game is the only one that is almost bot free. Keep all that in mind.
    I work IT for a major company (several hundred thousand employees across the globe) and we have 99.999% uptime. However, I just spent two million dollars for three years of Microsoft support on one of our applications to ensure we get that uptime and that's just one of our many applications.

I'm guessing Turbine doesn't have two million dollars to spend for vendor provided support so they have to rely on their internal talent.

However, that being said, Puppet has an open source version and works well at software deployments! (or Chef, Ansible, DSC, take your pick).

Community Member

Default up and running

game is now open to play woot

Community Member

That is true. However, you use your game login to connect to the Forums and not make a separate forum account, so the Login Server is the same for the game and forums. If the login server was down for the game, we wouldn't be able to log into the forums either, such as what happened earlier.
    You do understand that sharing login info between two separate databases is incredibly easy to do right. There is no way these two login servers are the same.

Community Member

Angry Bs

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    UPDATE: We are working to open the game worlds as soon as possible. We will keep you updated.

The DDO Game Servers and http://myaccount.turbine.com will be offline for maintenance on Monday, May 18th from 3:00 AM to 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). The forums may remain up, but players may not be able to log in. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!
    Yeah? Well its a quarter past 5 P.M. and I still can't log on! What gives? I PAY for this service.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast