Thread: Psion maybe?

Community Member

Default Psion maybe?

I used to play p&p D&D. I remembered the Psionicist & looked it up. I thought "This would be a fun DDO class." It is an official class. While a lot of their "powers" are unnecessary for an MMO, the Psion would be a lot cooler than the Warlock imho. It turns out that the Warlock is another "wizard/sorcerer type. Why make another class like that? make something different.

If it did come to DDO, then there is probably going to have a bit of "free rein" because there aren't enough Psionc powers to make him useful. But the class would be cool. Some of the animations can be observed in SWTOR. The Jedi Sage has abilities like Weaken Mind, Mind Crush, Force Stun, etc. That's similar to what a Psion does.

i'd luv to have the Psion. What do you think?

There's a hundred other thread on this topic (and in more relevant forums). Every one of them has extremely good arguments against psionics. Even the devs said they considered it but it just wouldn't be worth the effort.

Believe me, I love psions and wilders as much as anyone, but they're basically already implemented in DDO as wizards and sorcerers. All psions in DDO would be is a different flavor of wizard and really add nothing new to the game other than a programming headache.