Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
    Can you give a source for the above claim on alignment restrictions?
    Dev made a post saying something about them not being restricted as we might think didnt clearly state restricted or nonrestricted

Beware the Sleepeater

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
    I did see another source that said "Probably Not, at least not as we think" For me the key word is Probably. I would say if for no other reason than balance they should at least lock out Lawful alignments. Paladin and Monk are already heavily splashed due to excellent low level abilities.

Also, in general I support staying as close to the source as possible.
    I am with the just blocking the lawful instead of just being chaotic as some call for

Beware the Sleepeater

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Nothing else from 4e shouod ever be considered for anything anywhere and especially not for DDO

Trust me...I agree with you.

Epic Destinies is the interesting note...in 3.5 we had epic prestige classes, which were similar (see Legendary Dreadnaught in Epic Levels Handbook, pg 33-34) and the rules for epic leveling in your class also mirror the abilities of epic desinties and why we get an initial sphere based on class, but some of the ones from 4th edition (Magister and Exalted Angel as examples) were pulled over as well.

So they did consider some points of 4th edition, but I'm not 100% certain if it's just in name. I'd have to sit down and do a full analysis (aka about several hours of work)

I am with the just blocking the lawful instead of just being chaotic as some call for

Odds are this is probably what they will go with. So it's possible to have a Neutral Warlock. By rule book, I don't fully agree, however they do have in game limitations and to give some flexibility to the class they may need to go that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Micki View Post
    When I hear warlock, I think of

An underrated movie in my opinion. 'Warlock' was probably more popular in Europe because of Julian Sands.

Quote Originally Posted by Gljosh View Post
    I am calling it right now we will get an Iconic Tiefling Warlock. Warlock adds +2 Universal Spell Power (Active +1% Spell Crit changes per past live) and Tiefling add +3 MRR (Active +1 bane damage per live).
    Tieflings will not happen according to the devs, due to art budget considerations.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    An underrated movie in my opinion. 'Warlock' was probably more popular in Europe because of Julian Sands.
    I always thought he was under used.

Beware the Sleepeater

Community Member

Will warlock be free?

Quote Originally Posted by Palaion View Post
    Will warlock be free?
    To VIPs? Probably.

To FtPers and Premiums? VERY unlikely. The last two classes that were released (Druids and Artificers) were available in the DDO Store.

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    Traditionally, warlocks don't need any spell components, period. The entire draw of the warlock is that they have little-to-no resource management. They can use their innate abilities when they want and at no cost.
    Wasn't that sort of the same thing with Sorcerers too? Innate abilities, but they have to use components.

I don't care if Warlocks are required to use spell components, but PLEASE do not make new ones!

We've already got Wiz/Sor, Cler/FVs, Pal, Bard, Arti, Ranger, and Druid components now. NO MAS!

Best of all, just give Warlocks "Magic of Austerity" as a class feat as a result of their pact.

Quote Originally Posted by Palaion View Post
    Will warlock be free?
    I highly doubt it.

Monk - free to VIP's, can be bought in the DDO store for 995 points
    Favored Soul - can be bought in the DDO store for 995 points or unlocked on a particular server by getting 2500 total favor on one character
    Artificer - can be bought in the DDO store for 995 points or unlocked by getting 150 house Cannith favor on one character
    Druid - free to VIP's, can be bought in the DDO store for 1495 points

My guess is the Warlock will probably not be free to VIP's and cost at least 1495 turbine points.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by ToastyFred View Post
    To VIPs? Probably.

To FtPers and Premiums? VERY unlikely. The last two classes that were released (Druids and Artificers) were available in the DDO Store.
    Artificers weren't free to VIP

Beware the Sleepeater

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    I highly doubt it.

Monk - free to VIP's, can be bought in the DDO store for 995 points
    Favored Soul - can be bought in the DDO store for 995 points or unlocked on a particular server by getting 2500 total favor on one character
    Artificer - can be bought in the DDO store for 995 points or unlocked by getting 150 house Cannith favor on one character
    Druid - free to VIP's, can be bought in the DDO store for 1495 points

My guess is the Warlock will probably not be free to VIP's and cost at least 1495 turbine points.
    I think they stated once it would be free to VIP

Beware the Sleepeater

Artificers weren't free to VIP
    I didn't say they were.

DDO Official Troubadour Taurnish's Avatar

Lightbulb Warlock class skills

What skills would be best suited for the warlock class? Intimidate, bluff, concentration, spellcraft, hide and move silently would be my suggestions.
    Cannith! Too many alts to list. Lorrtusk, Lorrtank (my main), Lorrgar, Jimipage, Taurnish, etc.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by lorthean View Post
    What skills would be best suited for the warlock class? Intimidate, bluff, concentration, spellcraft, hide and move silently would be my suggestions.
    Maybe umd?

Beware the Sleepeater

Maybe umd?
    Has to be umd in there, it's on of the biggest things going for them in pnp (outside the invocations).
    Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    wow. i actually made it to someone's sig! O.o

yay!

Default My guess

Warlock passive PL FEAT = +1 (or 2 maybe) Spellcraft skill per PL

Warlock active PL FEAT = DR/Good (10 or some other amount, maybe scaling with character level)

Alignment restrictions = unfortunately they probably will not introduce evil (please surprise us and do it devs!!!)

Pacts = It will end up being nothing like PNP, pacts will be enhancement lines or a limited choice of class feats, the key word being "limited".

I just hope it is something different to play
    RTFM, DOOF, and MACHINATION on Khyber. Guild: Toy Soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by lorthean View Post
    Maybe umd?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkadios View Post
    Has to be umd in there, it's on of the biggest things going for them in pnp (outside the invocations).

UMD is a given. They are fairly heavily tied to crafting wondrous items and their connections with outsiders and otherworldly beings gives them insight into the workings of magical items. If I recall correctly, some warlocks even get a feat that gives them a few points in UMD.

Diplomacy, bluff, intimidate, and haggle would be obvious, as well. Warlock are usually described as being charismatic and manipulative. Charming and dominating is part and parcel of the warlock's arsenal.

Concentration. Eldritch blasts and invocations usually have a concentration check.

Spellcraft seems likely, as eldritch essences and invocations often deal elemental/magical damage. If bards and artificers get spellcraft, warlocks certainly will.

Hide/move silently. I'm on the wall about these, but in 3.5 warlocks have them as class skills. Warlocks aren't necessarily a stealth class, but it fits with their kit of being shadowy and deceptive.

Heal. Most likely not; reasoning being that if wizard pale masters don't get it as a class skill, then warlocks probably won't.

Spot/listen. Warlocks are rather perceptive, and in 3.5 they get these as class skills. Not that anyone would put any in them (although spot might be useful since they're sort of a ranged/caster hybrid).

Search, open lock, disable device, perform, jump, swim, tumble, balance, repair. These have nothing to do with the warlock's kit or theme. Maybe repair, but not likely.

Default Warloc

I thought AD&D Warlocks were arcane Fighters. Wouldn't that put them in the same category as Paladins not Wizards.
    Last edited by Kuraci; 05-14-2015 at 01:18 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast