Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Smile new race!!!!!

well teifling be brought out too? ddo will make a lot of money if they do!!!

Smile

Community Member razzertothemax3's Avatar

I feel that, as a warlock, he should have some exclusive enhanced demonic summoning that can actually be viable in epic content.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^\||____
    |The S TFU Truck |||""'|""\_,_
    |_____________ l||__|__|__|)
    |(@)@)""""""""""**|(@)(@)**|(@)

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by 011775715 View Post
    Ugh I hope not warlock is bad enough, they have mentioned that the art work and modeling probably wasnt worth the effort to bring them

Beware the Sleepeater

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by old-school View Post
    My speculation is that the DDO team is spending an inordinate amount of their limited resources creating a new class that a minority of the player base actually cares about, as opposed to spending that same time fixing the large and growing list of issues and bugs thus improving the game for everyone who plays.
    I agree

Beware the Sleepeater

They will be wisdom and charisma based with chaotic only alignment.

They will have something really juicy in trees at core lvl 18 and 20 to keep every one from splashing 3 bard automatically.

Warlocks will have summons or familiars as pets. Here's hoping the ai can be fixed for summons and hires.

They will be able to do massive eldrich blasts with higher than anywhere else crit chance and multiplier.

They will have some form of self healing or general healing.

They will work best as exalted angels or divine crusaders in epics.

They will be subject to spell failure in plate armor and sheilds.

They will be able to wear armor like bards with one tree allowing med armor proficiencies but none offering spell failure mitigation.

There will be a mele focused tree a damage caster focused tree and a enchantment focused tree.

That about taps out my speculation.
    Percivaul Dusol, BadRandall and Shortpact--The Silver Legion

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Jetrule View Post
    They will be wisdom and charisma based with chaotic only alignment.

They will have something really juicy in trees at core lvl 18 and 20 to keep every one from splashing 3 bard automatically.

Warlocks will have summons or familiars as pets. Here's hoping the ai can be fixed for summons and hires.

They will be able to do massive eldrich blasts with higher than anywhere else crit chance and multiplier.

They will have some form of self healing or general healing.

They will work best as exalted angels or divine crusaders in epics.

They will be subject to spell failure in plate armor and sheilds.

They will be able to wear armor like bards with one tree allowing med armor proficiencies but none offering spell failure mitigation.

There will be a mele focused tree a damage caster focused tree and a enchantment focused tree.

That about taps out my speculation.
    Umm they said they wont have alignment restrictions as we expect.
    where is the pet idea coming from? WoW (barf) They arent a pet class in any edition of d&d that I know of
    Last edited by Uska; 05-10-2015 at 12:31 PM.

Beware the Sleepeater

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    where is the pet idea coming from? WoW (barf) They arent a pet class in any edition of d&d that I know of
    In 4e the Hexblade and Binder subclasses of Warlock had the ability to summon creatures from the same plane as the origin of their pact, i.e. Infernal summoned a Spined Devil, and Fey summoned a Fey Wood Woad.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormraiser View Post
    I'm super confused... Why would have a thread to speculate about something that will be available for testing in the coming weeks and that's more or less fleshed out? That just leads to people proposing ideas that are either not viable or potentially better that what is coming?

Instead of doing that, why not have this a place where you slowly leak some information and teasers? Say put up a daily survey in the forum about the warlock, with one of the choices being what will actually come and each day provide an answer. Or show tiny clips of the Warlock and have a contest to name the various abilities or enchantments, I bet that will build a lot of goodwill with customers. Have a "name the spell" or "name the enchantment" contest.

-Stormraiser
    I keep trying to propose more player-developed stuff (items, NPCs, etc.), but never get any responses about it.
    LuKaSu's DDO Wishlist.
    SSG, Thanks for a super-fun game!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormraiser View Post
    I'm super confused... Why would have a thread to speculate about something that will be available for testing in the coming weeks and that's more or less fleshed out? That just leads to people proposing ideas that are either not viable or potentially better that what is coming?

Instead of doing that, why not have this a place where you slowly leak some information and teasers? Say put up a daily survey in the forum about the warlock, with one of the choices being what will actually come and each day provide an answer. Or show tiny clips of the Warlock and have a contest to name the various abilities or enchantments, I bet that will build a lot of goodwill with customers. Have a "name the spell" or "name the enchantment" contest.

-Stormraiser
    Well, it is marketing. Warlock is most likely going to be a purchasable class so they want to create hype so that people buy it later on. Note that this is not a "give us feedback" or "what would you like to see" rather speculate, talk, get excited, rise visibility.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by TromboneFireTurtle View Post
    In 4e the Hexblade and Binder subclasses of Warlock had the ability to summon creatures from the same plane as the origin of their pact, i.e. Infernal summoned a Spined Devil, and Fey summoned a Fey Wood Woad.
    Nothing else from 4e shouod ever be considered for anything anywhere and especially not for DDO

Beware the Sleepeater

Micki's Delirium
    2014 DDO Players Council

When I hear warlock, I think of

Read my blog: Micki's Delirium
    Follow me: @DDOMicki (Twitter) Thazara Of Orien (YouTube) DDOMicki (Twitch)
    Join Orien Raiding: Orien Raiding Discord

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Micki View Post
    When I hear warlock, I think of

me 2

Beware the Sleepeater

Community Member

I am calling it right now we will get an Iconic Tiefling Warlock. Warlock adds +2 Universal Spell Power (Active +1% Spell Crit changes per past live) and Tiefling add +3 MRR (Active +1 bane damage per live).

Quote Originally Posted by Gljosh View Post
    I am calling it right now we will get an Iconic Tiefling Warlock. Warlock adds +2 Universal Spell Power (Active +1% Spell Crit changes per past live) and Tiefling add +3 MRR (Active +1 bane damage per live).
    Nope. Severlin said they would rather do new races than new iconics.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5554603

My speculation: They will have the same spells from other classes spell lists. They will borrow many enhancements from other classes trees. Minimal new abilities, maximum reuse old stuff.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Gljosh View Post
    I don't see any of that happening

Beware the Sleepeater

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Can you give a source for the above claim on alignment restrictions?

Quote Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
    Can you give a source for the above claim on alignment restrictions?
    Severlin said something to that effect in a DDOCast or in one of Cordo's lunchtime thingies.

I don't know whether that was something he said off the cuff or whether he was actually giving us accurate info. I took it as unofficial and not yet final though.
    Last edited by ToastyFred; 05-11-2015 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ToastyFred View Post
    Severlin said something to that effect in a DDOCast or in one of Cordo's lunchtime thingies.
    I did see another source that said "Probably Not, at least not as we think" For me the key word is Probably. I would say if for no other reason than balance they should at least lock out Lawful alignments. Paladin and Monk are already heavily splashed due to excellent low level abilities.

Also, in general I support staying as close to the source as possible.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast