Community Member

Default Sapphire of Spell Agility +15 Not working?

Has anyone else had this problem?

I have a wizard who actually uses heavy armor. I tried to slot a sapphire of spell agility +15 but it did not reduce the arcane spell failure at all even with no other gear and no other enhancements from Eldritch Knight.

I submitted a bug report but I don't know if the devs responded to it or not.

It is to my understanding that the sapphire and things from eldritch knight stack together as other players have told me so.

If it is not the intended purpose for these two to stack then it really needs to be since humans have no racial ability to reduce arcane spell failure and while using a wizard in heavy armor is a vastly unexplored venture because we are supposed to wear only robes, I see many wizards potentially moving to this trend since PRR/MRR is infinitely superior to evasion in my opinion.

If they are already stacking I really would like some developer or other player insight because I would like to not have to use the still spell enhancement in eldritch knight so i can use more things in the harper tree.

Also as a suggestion it would be awesome if there were a sapphire of spell agility +35 as a possible rare item drop in a future quest.

Eldritch knight enhancements do stack with the sapphire. So do racial enhancements.

If you put the sapphire directly into the armor, it even should be visible on the armor (it should say: ASF 20%, reduced from 35%).

What is your ASF at?
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Community Member

Default yeah

works fine for me too, is it your tower shield?

Community Member

Works for me as well. when checking ASF, don't look at what's on your armor. Rather, look at some of your hotbarred spells to see the real ASF.

It stacks with racials and with ek, but not with twilight or greater twilight, or arcane sigil (if docent).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    It stacks with racials and with ek, but not with twilight or greater twilight, or arcane sigil (if docent).
    also stacks with twilight / greater twilight
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5502957

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    also stacks with twilight / greater twilight
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5502957
    Then maybe it just doesnt stack with twilight.

Community Member

when checking ASF, don't look at what's on your armor. Rather, look at some of your hotbarred spells to see the real ASF.
    quoting myself

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Eldritch knight enhancements do stack with the sapphire. So do racial enhancements.

If you put the sapphire directly into the armor, it even should be visible on the armor (it should say: ASF 20%, reduced from 35%).

What is your ASF at?
    Aug doesn't reduce ASF from armor (even if slotted in the armor) it reduces total ASF so won't show up on the armor display.

Works for me as well. when checking ASF, don't look at what's on your armor. Rather, look at some of your hotbarred spells to see the real ASF.
    This.

It stacks with everything btw. but it reduces overall ASF after all other sources of ASF are calculated (some sources of ASF specifically reduce the ASF on your armor and/or shield) - and therefore the display will only show up when you hover over a spell on your hotbar (one that has a somatic component). It's WAI but somewhat confusing so many people think it's a bug.

Examples: You have armor that would normally give 35 ASF and a shield that would normally give 50 ASF. You have an enhancement that gives -15 to armor ASF(elf/drow), 2 enhancements that both give -5 ASF to both armor and shields (EK cores), one that gives -5 to shield ASF (EK shield mastery), two that give -5% to armor ASF (EK light and med armor prof), and a -15 blue aug. Your shield would display as 50-15=35% ASF, your armor would display as 35-35=0 ASF, your total ASF (shown when hovering over a spell in hotbar) would be (35+0)-15 = 20%

You have armor that would normally give 35 ASF and a shield that would normally give 25 ASF. You have an enhancement that gives -10 to armor ASF(elf/drow), 2 enhancements that both give -5 ASF to both armor and shields (EK cores), one that gives -5 to shield ASF (EK shield mastery), two that give -5% to armor ASF (EK light and med armor prof), and a -15 blue aug. Your shield would display as 25-15=10% ASF, your armor would display as 35-30=5 ASF, your total ASF (shown when hovering over a spell in hotbar) would be (10+5)-15 = 0%

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    Then maybe it just doesnt stack with twilight.

It does, in this case, the armor without twilight would be 30% ASF. The twilight reduces the ASF from the armor to 20% and the player has one enhancement that lowers ASF of armor by 5%.

Notice the ASF says 15% reduced from 20%. The 20% is the ASF the armor would have (with twilight because twilight actually affects the base ASF of the item)
    The 15% is the ASF from the armor after taking into consideration any enh the player has that specifically reduce ASF from armor.
    If you were to hover over a spell on a hotbar for this player (assuming no ASF from a shield), then it would show as 0% ASF.

Community Member

Default I Got it to work

Thanks to all who responded I just put the sapphire back in last night and reset my enhancements in the ek and harper trees and much to my surprise it worked. I was looking at the armor every time I made adjustments instead
    of the spell thanks to cru121 for that piece of knowledge I was missing. I have since inscribed it into my spell book. Now I can use int to dmg and the harper righteousness on my weapons.