Manager, Customer Service SSG_Alkaid's Avatar

Default Account Support FAQs

Questions about your VIP status? Wondering about DDO Points? Account trouble? This thread will take you through common inquiries or issues, and let you know how to resolve them. As always, you can also contact us directly at help.standingstonegames.com or by following the link in my signature. You can also check out the rest of the Account Support Forums for additional information. We have a great community of players that can point you in the right direction!

--

How do I manage my account?

You can update contact information at myaccount.standingstonegames.com. Once you log into the MyAccount site with the same username and password you use to log into the game, check out the blue tabs up top. Here, you can edit your email address, the information on your account, and update your password.

If you are interested in enrolling in a VIP subscription or updating your payment details, this can now be done directly through the DDO Store while in-game. Once you bring up the store, click on the 'Subscriptions' link at the top of the store overlay. This will show you your existing subscription plans, your next renewal date, and allow you to modify your subscription. Please be aware that once you select to change your subscription plan (such as going from a one-month plan to a three-month plan), the change will bill your payment method immediately and then extend your existing game time. If you want to add a different payment method to your account, or remove your existing details, click on your username in the top-right corner of the overlay, and then click on 'My Payment Accounts'.

Keep in mind that all subscription plans are automatically recurring. This means that if you enroll in a monthly sub plan on April 1st, you will be automatically charged another $14.99 on May 1st on your renewal date. You can always check out your subscription information from the DDO, and it will list your next renewal date so you know when you expect it.
    Don’t want to have a recurring subscription? No problem! You can cancel your current subscription as well from the 'Subscription' tab. This will cancel your plan on what would have been your next billing date, and your account will downgrade to Premium.

I am a VIP subscriber. Where are my VIP points?

The 500 DDO points for VIP subscriptions are granted within 24 – 48 hours of the enrollment or subscription renewal date. If you set up a subscription on April 1st, your points will arrive on either the 1st or the 2nd. If you are enrolled on a multi-month subscription plan and originally enrolled on the first of the month, your points will arrive on either the 1st or 2nd for every month that the subscription is active.
    Game Time Cards work a little bit differently. When you apply a GTC to your account, you will receive all of the DDO Points for your subscription period upfront. This means that if you apply a 60-day card on your account on April 1st, you will receive the 1000 Points at that time.

What types of payment methods can I use to make a purchase?
    We accept cards with Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover logos. When you are adding a card to your account, please note that the card must be registered with the same name and address that you are entering in the system.

There may be $1.00 USD (approximate) holds placed on a card for each attempt to add it to the account. These holds should be released within a few business days at the most. We request the authorizations to confirm the card is valid, but we do not receive the funds and cannot release them. If the funds are not released within a week, I strongly suggest you contact the card company regarding the holds.

If you are using a pre-paid card, it may need to first be registered with a billing address before it can be accepted in our system. This is different from activating it at the retailer. In most cases, the card company will provide a phone number and/or website that you can go to in order to associate the card with an actual address. Some pre-paid card companies will not allow their cards to used for recurring subscription fees.

Paypal is also accepted for points purchases and VIP access. Please note that PayPal accounts must be verified and associated with a credit card in order to be used to purchase points or VIP subscriptions. For more information about verified PayPal accounts, please contact PayPal or visit their website.

VAT (European Tax)
    Our VAT registration number is EU 826 015 089

I want to buy some Points/VIP/Expansion Content for my friend! How do I do that?

There are a couple of ways! First of all, we do not recommend adding your payment details to your friend’s account, even if you are the bestest of buds. Instead, try one or both of the following:
    1. Points, Game Time Cards, and Expansion Packs can be purchased the DDO Market. Any purchase you make here will send you an email with a code for your purchased content. You can then forward the code along to your friend with the instructions on how to redeem it, and voila! Please keep in mind that the DDO Market has different Point bundles and options for Game Time Cards, however. The DDO Market may also not have the same types of promotions, discounts, or bonuses that the DDO Store does. If you would like to take advantage of the same offers you would normally be able to find in-game, keep reading!
    2. Contact us directly! We can process a payment with the information on file for your account and then apply the purchased content to your friend’s account. This option is available by submitting a ticket to Account Support. Be sure to know the following about your intended gift recipient:
      a) The name of at least one character on the recipient’s account
      b) The server that the recipient plays on
      c) If known, the email address of the recipient, or their name

No subscription to DDO found? What gives?

If you are trying to log into the game client and see this message, it could be one of two things. You are logging in with the wrong account username, or you have never played DDO before. Keep in mind that in some cases, your game log-in information might be different from the information you use to log into the forums, so having forum access might not be indicative of accessing the correct account. If you cannot recall your username, head on over to myaccount.turbine.com and click on the ‘Forgot Username’ link. This will send you a list of all usernames associated with your email address. If you cannot recall what email you might have used in the past, or are not receiving the email, you can reach out to Account Support directly and we can help you get back in the game.
    If you’ve never played DDO before but have an account from playing LOTRO, we can set you up with a key to activate your account for DDO. Submit a ticket to request a DDO key. We’ll send you out an email with the code you need to jump into the Forgotten Realms!

HALP! I deleted my character and I miss them, how do I get them back?

If you have access to In-game support, you can request a character undelete by logging into the server that the character was deleted on with one of your current characters. Open up the main menu by hitting ‘Esc’ and go to Help. At the bottom, click on New Ticket and choose ‘Premium Service’ with the sub-category ‘Character Undelete’. Try to include as much of the following information as you can remember, and we can restore your character:
    • Character's Name
    • Class
    • Race
    • Level
    • Approximate time and date of deletion
    Last edited by Cuser74b; 04-14-2022 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Un-turbine-ifed it
    I do respond to PMs, but please note that I can get backed up. If you need immediate assistance, please refer to the links below!
    ---
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, please visit help.standingstonegames.com
    Contact us on Twitter @DDOUnlimited