Community Member

Default Amount of ingredient dropped

Does any1 what is the amount of ingredients dropped in all difficult?

Yesterday I did the Part 1on EH alone, I take 94 min. and get 5 rusty mushroom. So If you need 200 rusties, Do I have to play more that 60 h. (in real time) for get tier 1? That's insane, the most people will not have much time to get the tier 1 even.

Community Member

mushrooms also drop in some optional / random encounter chests. you don't have to complete. also, some people are completing in a fraction of your time.

Quote Originally Posted by raeslys View Post

Yesterday I did the Part 1on EH alone, I take 94 min. and get 5 rusty mushroom. So If you need 200 rusties, Do I have to play more that 60 h. (in real time) for get tier 1? That's insane, the most people will not have much time to get the tier 1 even.
    Rusty Gilled Mushrooms drop in the small chests of Part1 and 2 and also in the end chest of part1.

Yes its a grind.. Soloing will take longer, just the way it is. Goes faster with a farming party.
    All the mushrooms I have got so far have been bound which is just stupid as far as I am concerned. mushrooms shouldn't be bound at all.

Overall not worth the effort in my opinion... the upgradeable weapons don't offer enough of a benefit to make it worth the grind.
    Thunderforged gives a better benefit for your invested time.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Rusty Gilled Mushrooms drop in the small chests of Part1 and 2 and also in the end chest of part1.

Yes its a grind.. Soloing will take longer, just the way it is. Goes faster with a farming party.
    All the mushrooms I have got so far have been bound which is just stupid as far as I am concerned. mushrooms shouldn't be bound at all.

Overall not worth the effort in my opinion... the upgradeable weapons don't offer enough of a benefit to make it worth the grind.
    Ty, I didnt know it, and yes, I'm very disappointed with this package, too long, much mobs (a lot of mobs does not make the quest more fun, just give many lag), poor xp, poor favor and poor loot.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

I've only done them on heroic. Two times each part. I also bought some off AH. I now have 103 rusty grilled.

Time in part 2, running at level 18 in a pug, was around 30 minutes. I took around 70 minutes to solo part 2 (but that was at lower level, and my first time in there).

The grind will be long, yes, but I'm keeping off screaming about it until I see where the times stabilize.
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

I'm not sure Thunderforged (beyond Tier I) is any easier to acquire. The 100 Fire Scales and/or 100 Shadow Scales, which can only be found in the raids. Neither raid gets pugged much, so unless you are in a guild or channel that runs them frequently, ToEE is actually your better bet for a (granted) inferior weapon, unless you have a massive stockpile of the things from when duping was rampant and things on the AH were very cheap.

That being said the number of mushrooms should either a) be increased or b) the number required...dropped. In my opinion it should take 10-15 runs to get a finished item, right now I'd say its about double that and very time consuming if doing it solo. [This is for epic difficulty, Heroic difficulty should not have had the upgrade ability, but just complete items, grinding at level 7 is pointless].
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    I'm not sure Thunderforged (beyond Tier I) is any easier to acquire. The 100 Fire Scales and/or 100 Shadow Scales, which can only be found in the raids. Neither raid gets pugged much, so unless you are in a guild or channel that runs them frequently, ToEE is actually your better bet for a (granted) inferior weapon, unless you have a massive stockpile of the things from when duping was rampant and things on the AH were very cheap.

That being said the number of mushrooms should either a) be increased or b) the number required...dropped. In my opinion it should take 10-15 runs to get a finished item, right now I'd say its about double that and very time consuming if doing it solo. [This is for epic difficulty, Heroic difficulty should not have had the upgrade ability, but just complete items, grinding at level 7 is pointless].
    Then you are missing out, The Thunderpeaks raids are pugged regularly here on Argo.
    Don't care about others duping.. that's so 2014... , besides.. it isn't relevant to my playing the game.

ToEE is still a relatively new quest.. much like Haunted Halls.
    Farming mushrooms doesn't require running the endfight just rinse/repeat Alters & names in certain area's once they are reliably figured out.
    I don't see any value to increasing the drops at this point, I would give it a bit more playtime before reviewing mushroom drop rates.
    Would like to see all the mushrooms unbound..Lots of players with no interest in crafting will sell their mushrooms they accumulated from running for the elusive named items and Tomes.

It is time consuming to solo.. but I cant in good conscience support increased drops because someone prefers to solo... Soloing should take longer..
    Last edited by JOTMON; 04-22-2015 at 02:10 PM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Community Member

Then you are missing out, The Thunderpeaks raids are pugged regularly here on Argo.
    Don't care about others duping.. that's so 2014... , besides.. it isn't relevant to my playing the game.

ToEE is still a relatively new quest.. much like Haunted Halls.
    Farming mushrooms doesn't require running the endfight just rinse/repeat Alters & names in certain area's once they are reliably figured out.
    I don't see any value to increasing the drops at this point, I would give it a bit more playtime before reviewing mushroom drop rates.
    Would like to see all the mushrooms unbound..Lots of players with no interest in crafting will sell their mushrooms they accumulated from running for the elusive named items and Tomes.

It is time consuming to solo.. but I cant in good conscience support increased drops because someone prefers to solo... Soloing should take longer..

I also think the drop should be increased, If the crafting, on the other hand have not exepcional and the game already has similar things, is very slow for get, this pack have not anything you want to get, I'm not recommending that buy to my friends unlike what I usually do.
    Last edited by raeslys; 04-23-2015 at 06:33 AM.

Community Member legendkilleroll's Avatar

Im ok with it atm, sure getting stuff faster is always what people want.

I got like 24 from one EE p1 run, ofc it can vary but im tired of stuff being easily obtainable by doing EN, one EH run i got only 7, one char of mine im not comfortable in EE so he an still do EH but other if i want mushrooms im doing EE also better chance for the named items.

As for the bound elemental ones, best if your with people who are looking for another type then you can just pass around in the quest, solo yes will be longer but really that shouldnt even be an issue, not gonna get into the multiboxers as thats something i dont like.

Comparing drop rate to numbers required and the XP/minute, I don't care what the upgrades are.
    stupid rates are stupid rates and I don't do pointless wastes of time.

Default All players are not "PROS"

The rusty mushs loot rate is stupid compared to others mushs.

As i said in another thread, its not logical that i get equal numbers of epic rusty and yellow ones when rutsy ones drop in both quests and yellow only in part 2.

OK some ppl can run it on EE and get the mushs faster... just some. I think DDO devs listen too much power users and forget the basic/casual ones, and no i dont consider myself basic/casual.

All chests should at least drop 1 mushroom on EN, may be 2/3 on EH and more on EE. I already did TOEE 1 EH runs with a total of 0 mushs before end fight (2/3 rares chests, earth and fire chests). Its stupid that to get rusty mushs faster you better run TOEE 2 first part (before nodes) than entire TOEE 1.

May be on EE runs its mushs auto loot (just did both part EE only once so not sure) but remember, EE is for realy advanced players even on party, most of DDO players cant play EE (HE possibly at higher level) and creating a great content wich generate sooooooo much frustration isnt a good business idea (even if rusty ones can sell in SE).
    Famous last words : EH is too easy, lets try EE...
    Toons : Anriss - Permanent level change Melee Monk(ey) - Ghallanda / Darklens - Half retired Air Savant - Ghallanda
    Guild : Lorica

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

The drop rates are teh suck. Definitely pushing to have them bumped up.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by raeslys View Post
    My ranger needs a better bow because the Epic Earth bow is no longer powerful enough for Epic content. Since the last patch I purchased ToEE mostly to get new bows but after a week of regular grinding have not seen any Epic weapons drop. No Epic Rusty Gilled Mushrooms have dropped either but I have found a half dozen yellow ones.

The problem has become so bad that I was able to buy two Epic bows on the ASAH for 4 shards each but the Epic Rusty mushrooms are selling for 50 shards per twenty. That's 4 shards for the bow but 500 shards for enough mushrooms to do the first upgrade.

There is something very wrong with Epic level ToEE item drop rates.

The common advice now is to forget buying ToEE and buy Thunderholme instead. I Bought Thunderholme at the same time as ToEE and have already made a Thunderforged bow after about a week of daily adventuring. It was not easy to get 80 ingots with 0 to 7 dropping per chest but that was a lot better than trying to obtain two hundred mushrooms dropping about zero percent of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaye View Post
    My ranger needs a better bow because the Epic Earth bow is no longer powerful enough for Epic content. Since the last patch I purchased ToEE mostly to get new bows but after a week of regular grinding have not seen any Epic weapons drop. No Epic Rusty Gilled Mushrooms have dropped either but I have found a half dozen yellow ones.

The problem has become so bad that I was able to buy two Epic bows on the ASAH for 4 shards each but the Epic Rusty mushrooms are selling for 50 shards per twenty. That's 4 shards for the bow but 500 shards for enough mushrooms to do the first upgrade.

There is something very wrong with Epic level ToEE item drop rates.

The common advice now is to forget buying ToEE and buy Thunderholme instead. I Bought Thunderholme at the same time as ToEE and have already made a Thunderforged bow after about a week of daily adventuring. It was not easy to get 80 ingots with 0 to 7 dropping per chest but that was a lot better than trying to obtain two hundred mushrooms dropping about zero percent of the time.
    Gilled Mush only drop on Toee part I since last patch. The difficulty also increase how many you get. Also If you explore dungeon you will see small chest that drop only mush. Consider play EE or it will take you ages get 200 mush.
    Triple Heroic & Epic completionist. Eroic : 42/42 - Epic : 36/36 - Iconic : 12/12.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanhooger View Post
    Gilled Mush only drop on Toee part I since last patch. The difficulty also increase how many you get. Also If you explore dungeon you will see small chest that drop only mush.
    Thanks, Vanhooger, but I was able to find Rusty musrooms and blue bordered weapons in Heroic ToEE Part 1. The problem was with the Epic version of the quest. After hitting about a hundred chests in EN Part 1 I had found zero Epic Rusty mushrooms and zero blue weapons. Random gear is all there was. There were no alters I could see in EN Part 1 but there were some in part 2 but they contained only yellow mushrooms. It seems there is something wrong with the loot tables in EN ToEE Part 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanhooger View Post
    Consider play EE or it will take you ages get 200 mush.
    My main character is a first life 28-point build ranger archer without many tomes. He has trouble enough soloing EH content which is why he needs the bow. Soloing EE content is almost impossible for him. Since I don't like to pike other people's quests grouping with ubers is not an option but a group of all first-lifers will probably wipe on EE. All I can do now is abandon ToEE until the loot tables are fixed.

My main character is a first life 28-point build ranger archer without many tomes. He has trouble enough soloing EH content which is why he needs the bow. Soloing EE content is almost impossible for him. Since I don't like to pike other people's quests grouping with ubers is not an option but a group of all first-lifers will probably wipe on EE. All I can do now is abandon ToEE until the loot tables are fixed.
    You do not have to listen to me, I have no right to tell you how to play, but if you're at cap why not eTR then TR with the gear you've got and get another life and more points under your belt?
    Even a first lifer capped at 28 with only half decent gear should be able to solo farm EN Devil Assault for tokens to TR. Like I say, not telling you how to play, I'd just hate to see someone burn out on the game just because it's too hard at the upper difficulties with a 28 pointer - which it really should be.

Anyway. That isn't to say you are wrong about your various points about TOEE - you're absolutely correct, as is everyone else. Such a shame its ended up as such a slog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

I'd say about 40-50 Rusty grilled shrooms "full clear" part 1 EE ( some rares, some chests, maybe 90 - 140 mins ).
    Or you can go straight to end chest if you are more interested in not getting tomes than rares - that drops about 12 shrooms ( maybe 30 -40 mins and you don't get bored killing 9000 orcs or cultists every 10 metres ).

Don't think anyone has problems with Yellow parisol shrooms, I don't get the change for some part 2 chests that used to drop Rusty grilled.

No idea about heroics, no interest in that gear.
    Last edited by Wipey; 05-14-2015 at 01:55 PM.

Shahang (hjealme), Wipekin (kotc), Nezhat (barbie) Ghallanda/Devourer

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    [...] if you're at cap why not eTR then TR with the gear you've got and get another life and more points under your belt?
    Thanks, dunklezhan, my first and main character is more than two years old and has reached the temporary L28 cap. As we all know they will be raising the level cap at the end of 2014!? What I would like to do is bring this pure first-life ranger character all the way up to the upcoming, hopefully L32, cap mostly by soloing. I have reached L28 by mostly soloing and have never grouped for a raid.

In a few more days I will have obtained enough favour to unlock 32-point builds and will start a new character. With that one I will explore my new Delara's pack until the cap is raised and I can resume playing with my original character.

Even a first lifer capped at 28 with only half decent gear should be able to solo farm EN Devil Assault for tokens to TR.
    TRing and power levelling do not interest me because I am an adventurer and have not yet completed all of the content for the first time. I'm pretty sure I have a resurrection bean in the bank if I ever want to TR.

My gear is fine and I have no problem soloing EN and EH content and I also have some great longbows. My best bow is a Tier 1 Thunderforged I crafted with 1st Degree Burns and Meteoric Star Ruby. Second best is a base ToEE Epic cold bow which works well with a Shiradi Stay Frosty twist. I also have the Epic ToEE acid and electric bows but don't generally use them.

The Epic ToEE weapons never dropped for me but I did manage to buy them on the ASAH for beween 4 and 10 AS each. It is too bad that 200 Epic Rusty mushrooms are more like 500 AS on the exhange and since they also don't drop for me in quests I will not be able to upgrade any of my ToEE bows in the forseeable future.

[...] I'd just hate to see someone burn out on the game just because it's too hard at the upper difficulties with a 28 pointer - which it really should be.
    Thanks for you concern but I am not burning out on the game. It is still a lot of fun even when skipping most EE content and the raids. If I do "burn out" it will be on all the irritating little "gotchas" like no Epic Rusty Gilled Mushrooms available for upgrading weapons. Archers must have good bows to succeed.

[...]ended up as such a slog.
    It is not what I would call a "slog". Over several days making enough runs of EN ToEE Part 1 to open about a hundred chests I am pretty sure there is something wrong with the drops. In all that time I never saw any Epic weapon with a blue border drop and not a single Epic Mushroom. Don't remember finding any altars in EN Part 1 either. The only altars I found were in EN ToEE Part 2 and they always had yellow mushrooms, not rusty ones. Until the ToEE drop rates improve I will have to waste my time on more productive quests like Delara's.

Thanks, dunklezhan, my first and main character is more than two years old and has reached the temporary L28 cap. As we all know they will be raising the level cap at the end of 2014!? What I would like to do is bring this pure first-life ranger character all the way up to the upcoming, hopefully L32, cap mostly by soloing. I have reached L28 by mostly soloing and have never grouped for a raid.

In a few more days I will have obtained enough favour to unlock 32-point builds and will start a new character. With that one I will explore my new Delara's pack until the cap is raised and I can resume playing with my original character.

TRing and power levelling do not interest me because I am an adventurer and have not yet completed all of the content for the first time. I'm pretty sure I have a resurrection bean in the bank if I ever want to TR.

My gear is fine and I have no problem soloing EN and EH content and I also have some great longbows. My best bow is a Tier 1 Thunderforged I crafted with 1st Degree Burns and Meteoric Star Ruby. Second best is a base ToEE Epic cold bow which works well with a Shiradi Stay Frosty twist. I also have the Epic ToEE acid and electric bows but don't generally use them.

The Epic ToEE weapons never dropped for me but I did manage to buy them on the ASAH for beween 4 and 10 AS each. It is too bad that 200 Epic Rusty mushrooms are more like 500 AS on the exhange and since they also don't drop for me in quests I will not be able to upgrade any of my ToEE bows in the forseeable future.

Thanks for you concern but I am not burning out on the game. It is still a lot of fun even when skipping most EE content and the raids. If I do "burn out" it will be on all the irritating little "gotchas" like no Epic Rusty Gilled Mushrooms available for upgrading weapons. Archers must have good bows to succeed.

It is not what I would call a "slog". Over several days making enough runs of EN ToEE Part 1 to open about a hundred chests I am pretty sure there is something wrong with the drops. In all that time I never saw any Epic weapon with a blue border drop and not a single Epic Mushroom. Don't remember finding any altars in EN Part 1 either. The only altars I found were in EN ToEE Part 2 and they always had yellow mushrooms, not rusty ones. Until the ToEE drop rates improve I will have to waste my time on more productive quests like Delara's.
    Epic Rusty Mushrooms certainly do drop or you wouldn't see them on the ASAH

They can drop in most chests in ToEE part 1

on EN you'll get very few (0-2 a chest) EH (~4) EE (~8)

Your got to run the quest to gather the ingredients to upgrade (if you don't want to buy them) plain & simple.