Community Member

Default bought ToEE and it Broke DDO

At first it was annoying i had just purchased the adventure pack and Tried with my level Ten rogue enter the quest clear the courtyard Try to enter the quest and BAM game Crashes hard to the desktop. Frustrated I relaunch the Game and cant log on with the same character so i go to my main character use my key to transport to eveningstar BAM crash to desktop still ****ing around with turbine support through email. since then i have been able to log on with my level ten Rogue But my Main Is still in limbo, and maybe it is a good thing i do need to learn how to play another class after three fighter lives time to Reincarnate into another class. But still Very frustrated i cant play the adventure and have also lost a character altogether. Has anyone had a similar experience

Well the issues you're encountering do not come from the fact that you bought the ToEE.

The reason behind my statement :

The game comes as a full package when you download it. It contains everything ( and even things that are not active like Epic Vale of Twillight from the old time ), the ToEE was pushed into all the clients at the time of Update 25, even if the player account doesn't owns it.

For the characters stuck I can't help much, but for your crashes more information would help...

Things like what system you're on, what graphic card, and is there error messages from either Windows or DDO when you crash...
    It can be a lot of things that cause the crashes : from a corrupt texture somewhere in the dat files to an issue with your graphic card....
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Well the issues you're encountering do not come from the fact that you bought the ToEE.

The reason behind my statement :

The game comes as a full package when you download it. It contains everything ( and even things that are not active like Epic Vale of Twillight from the old time ), the ToEE was pushed into all the clients at the time of Update 25, even if the player account doesn't owns it.

For the characters stuck I can't help much, but for your crashes more information would help...

Things like what system you're on, what graphic card, and is there error messages from either Windows or DDO when you crash...
    It can be a lot of things that cause the crashes : from a corrupt texture somewhere in the dat files to an issue with your graphic card....
    Im on a Emachine T5246 with an upgraded AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core 5200. Stop laughing. My Graphics Card is a Nvida Geforce 9500 GT. There are no error messages crashes right to the desktop.

I never had a problem running ddo before Toee tried uninstalling and reinstalling my main character is still stuck in limbo

Try downloading WhoCrashed and let it scan your crash dumps. I had a similar issue about a year ago and it identified some RAM going bad.

Quote Originally Posted by oddorkeir View Post
    Im on a Emachine T5246 with an upgraded AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core 5200. Stop laughing. My Graphics Card is a Nvida Geforce 9500 GT. There are no error messages crashes right to the desktop.

I never had a problem running ddo before Toee tried uninstalling and reinstalling my main character is still stuck in limbo
    Well, not sure about the stuck character, but I'd check to see if there are any updated drivers for the graphics card. That would be my first guess.

The fact that you have a stuck toon? That sounds potentially like a hard drive issue. I'd check the hard drive for failing sectors. If could be that your hard drive is beginning to ****-out, and it just coincides with (or was revealed by) you installing the update.

Usually ChkDsk in read-only mode will tell you if there are issues.