Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unplayable

Community Member

Default Unplayable

Just logged in and it was totally unplayable. Couldn't move inside my ship, couldn´t get out of my ship either.
    All my guildies got the same problem.
    Some sort of event was happening and causing all that lag it seems.
    So I ask, why do this events if it makes the game breaks?

Community Member

Default agreed

yup. tried to wait it out, but gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    possible you let Kobold play with the helm?
    Is this suppose to be funny? Because it isn't.

2015 DDO Players Council InsanityIsYourFriend's Avatar

played for a little while, ended up lag wiping in a quest that the group was vastly more powerful than (we were just sprinting along killing everything then lag and death) bunch of friends that play daily rage quit for the night hours early...
    I am Falontani, Zeblazing, Zeholysoul, Zeshadowfist, Zesoulhuntah, Zedrunk, Singingblade, and many alts
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    Thanks for the report and Whoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    This is talked about a ton, and nothing is concrete at this point. Enter bugs with examples. Tons and tons of bugs. Make Gazebo cry.

15 minutes locked in place doing elemental evil. (so far, posting this as we wait)
    Party chat works okay though.
    "I would like the world to remember me as the guy who really enjoyed playing games and sharing his knowledge and his fun pastimes with everybody else." : Gary Gygax - July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008

Yep, whole server is lagged to death. Talking with people in titan channel, guild, etc. Everyone is lagged to death.

I just ragequit after 10 minutes of being unable to move in spies. I was dying in EH...

Community Member

That's why we can't merge servers, it'll be laggy apparently... Yes, totally laggy already.

Micki's Delirium
    2014 DDO Players Council

This week I've also been experiencing more lag than normally. Or performance issues, I don't know. Last night (for me, afternoon EST) I was running EE Wheloon, and each time we aggro'd a group of mobs we would freeze up, unable to move. This continued for 3 quests, different instances (I checked, i307, i3xx).. byt the 4th quest the game was playable again, but I seriously considered just logging off and not playing.

I'm vip, so I'm paying a monthly fee for this game, but currently I do not feel like I'm getting value for my buck.
    Read my blog: Micki's Delirium
    Follow me: @DDOMicki (Twitter) Thazara Of Orien (YouTube) DDOMicki (Twitch)
    Join Orien Raiding: Orien Raiding Discord

Community Member

It is the week end after all so it's no surprise that lag issues has resurfaced. Its the way ******** of saying that we should be more outdoor oriented, meet people, hang out with friends, play in RL :S But the thing is, this is the norm now a days :S

Community Member

Every other quest I step into I lag where I couldn't move. And it's not just me as I hear from people in Titan chat complaining about the lag as well. With the massive amount of lag we are getting it's no surprise that there's hardly a player base in this game in general anymore. The devs need to really get their arses in gear and work on the servers in terms of functionality and fluidity. Once in a great while to bring down the servers in order to do maintenance is not going to cut it whereas in other MMOs they do maintenance either every other day or every day at a specific time i.e DC Universe Online and guess what virtually little to no lag at all.

I suspect that the devs just don't really care unless it becomes an actual issue just like what happened to Ghallandra as of this writing.
    Last edited by XxJFGxX; 04-24-2015 at 10:26 PM.

Today I was looking at the who list and I saw 40+ level 1's running around Korthos. Four of them were already in guilds, so I suspect TR's, some could have been for mules or alts but I'm confident that some would have been new players AFAIK Orien is now again the default server.

If I experienced the level of lag as a noob as I have in the past few days, I'd have uninstalled.
    Karadon: Paladin [5] Mar - Jul 2006 - Aureon [EU] --- Paladin [20] Feb 2010 - June 2012 - Orien --- Paladin [21] June 2012 - July 2013 - Orien [TR1] --- Paladin [20] July 2013 - Present - Orien [TR2]
    Yes this is correct, I played Paladins, even pure Paladins before Update 23!!!

Community Member Cauthey_No_CCInfo's Avatar

I have also tried to raise visibility with this thread:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...rion-Lagtastic

Default Came back after a long break as VIP = Orien Unplayable

Can't even move, thanks for **** servers.

Community Member

Yeah, I did 3 quests. EE Impossible demands solo--massive lag spikeage with Vicala, fortunately was able to outlast it. 2nd quest EH Spinner which I joined in progress, no significant lag. Last quest, Devil assault on EN, massive lag spikes with each boss, if we were doing it at even a remotely challenging difficulty we would have wiped.
    Please fix this. Also got big lag spikes in the marketplace just walking around.
    Oddly even tells were lagged although not chat rooms like Titan.

Sorry guys, Orien rolled a 1 for hamster swap with Ghallanda. Totally understand your pain.

Raezar ~ Raezen ~ Raeving ~ Raedar

Quote Originally Posted by Raezar View Post
    Sorry guys, Orien rolled a 1 for hamster swap with Ghallanda. Totally understand your pain.
    My belief is that there was no hamster swap.

What I do believe is that code / scripting / aspects that have been added in U26 and U26 Patch 1 are causing havoc (the latter more so). Havoc that the Orien environment is not handling well, and havoc that is utterly destroying Ghallanda. Not sure how Orien and Ghallanda are different in terms of hardware or resources. But, I feel that the fact that both servers are struggling right now is no coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Raezar View Post
    What was the Ghallanda experience(s ) prior to the server all-out crashing down?

Default This just in from ingame ticket

04/26/15 07:47 PM
    Thank you for your lag report. Our engineers and designers are working on fixes using performance monitoring tools and data logging for lag issues. This process takes time, and is on-going as there is no universal fix that will remove "every" situation that can cause lag during a game play session. Although lag is not able to be cleared by GMs via ticket, we will pass this information along and appreciate your lag report.

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey_No_CCInfo View Post
    What was the Ghallanda experience(s ) prior to the server all-out crashing down?
    Same as Orien basically, periods of extreme lag, that would freeze entire server, then crash.

Raezar ~ Raezen ~ Raeving ~ Raedar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast