Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mirror of Glimmering

Hello! I wasn't sure where else to post this so I just thought that I might inform you that when the mirror of glamering is used on the madstone rod, it does not replicate the appearance correctly. The size is significantly smaller than what it is when you actually equip the "madstone" rod. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not but it seems like I wasted my points on a mirror that didn't actually create a genuine cosmetic version of the item. I'm not asking for a refund but it would be great if you guys could fix it so that the cosmetic version appears to be the same as the real item. Thank you
    Last edited by Infinitedrift; 07-20-2015 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitedrift View Post
    Hello! I wasn't sure where else to post this so I just thought that I might inform you that when the mirror of glimmering is used on the madstone rod, it does not replicate the appearance correctly. The size is significantly smaller than what it is when you actually equip the "madstone" rod. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not but it seems like I wasted my points on a mirror that didn't actually create a genuine cosmetic version of the item. I'm not asking for a refund but it would be great if you guys could fix it so that the cosmetic version appears to be the same as the real item. Thank you
    1. The relevant people aren't going to read this.
    2. Submit a complaint. You'll get your TP back and the people you want to see this are more likely to.

Many in quest items do not seem to glamour properly.
    I tried to Glam the shield in the Shroud, which is awesome looking btw, but it won't go.
    (I know its not 'in quest only' but its a unique thing kinda)
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps.

Community Manager

Do you have any screenshots to share? I went in on an admin character, made a cosmetic of the Madstone Rod, and then equipped it (both with the Madstone Rod equipped as a weapon along with a single-handed club to check) and the appearance did not change in size, texture, lighting, or color. It may be related to a specific race, class, or other factor that would be helpful to know in order to reproduce.

You mentioned in your first post, OP, that you weren't interested in seeking a refund, but just for those reading: If you use a Mirror of Glamering on an item and the resulting item is not created as expected, please get in touch with Account Support if you would like to seek a refund.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitedrift View Post
    Hello! I wasn't sure where else to post this so I just thought that I might inform you that when the mirror of glimmering is used on the madstone rod, it does not replicate the appearance correctly. The size is significantly smaller than what it is when you actually equip the "madstone" rod. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not but it seems like I wasted my points on a mirror that didn't actually create a genuine cosmetic version of the item. I'm not asking for a refund but it would be great if you guys could fix it so that the cosmetic version appears to be the same as the real item. Thank you
    That's because you bought a cheap knockoff. What you want to buy is the mirror of glamoring.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by phillymiket View Post
    Many in quest items do not seem to glamour properly.
    I tried to Glam the shield in the Shroud, which is awesome looking btw, but it won't go.
    (I know its not 'in quest only' but its a unique thing kinda)
    In-quest-only items are not meant to be compatible with the Mirror of Glamering.
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    In-quest-only items are not meant to be compatible with the Mirror of Glamering.
    Which is kinda sad, because some of 'em are pretty cool looking ^^
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

That's the part I don't like about it. I would LOVE to make a Tesyus glamor weapon; it'd be like wielding two great swords if you were TWF. http://ddowiki.com/page/Tesyus

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Which is kinda sad, because some of 'em are pretty cool looking ^^
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Shield_of_the_Azure_Valkyrie

Has the same graphic as...

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Arrondi

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

Is it possible to change that?
    Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by HuneyMunster View Post
    so it does.
    ty +1 (<- edit - tomorrow. i gave out my days supply already)
    i think i have a set of shield if i gather them up
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps.

Do you have any screenshots to share? I went in on an admin character, made a cosmetic of the Madstone Rod, and then equipped it (both with the Madstone Rod equipped as a weapon along with a single-handed club to check) and the appearance did not change in size, texture, lighting, or color. It may be related to a specific race, class, or other factor that would be helpful to know in order to reproduce.

You mentioned in your first post, OP, that you weren't interested in seeking a refund, but just for those reading: If you use a Mirror of Glamering on an item and the resulting item is not created as expected, please get in touch with Account Support if you would like to seek a refund.
    May I ask which madstone rod you glamered?
    I used one that I picked up in ToR in the white dragon room IIRC and have the same problem that OP has (I glamered mine a couple months ago).
    Character used is a female drow.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    I used one that I picked up in ToR in the white dragon room IIRC and have the same problem that OP has (I glamered mine a couple months ago).
    Good question; that may be the difference. When time permits, I'll dig into it again.
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by moo_cow View Post
    What you want to buy is the mirror of glamoring.
    Actually, it's glamer

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Glamer_Subschool
    Glamer Subschool
    A glamer spell changes a subject’s sensory qualities, making it look, feel, taste, smell, or sound like something else, or even seem to disappear.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastrd View Post
    Is it possible to change that?
    Indeed, there's plenty of unique models used only for a single in-quest item it would be so cool to grab them (ie. if i could gamer a pair of those tesyus i might actually make a TWF)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Get me a screenshot if you would. Either here on through PM. Would appreciate it.
    Join us on Twitch!

Default Not WAI but WAUI

Perhaps not *meant* to, but doesn't mean that you cannot. This was the first thing I glamored

Cult of the Dragon Mask.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by chipotle47 View Post
    "The definition of success is rebuffing between deaths with great enthusiasm."

Quote Originally Posted by moo_cow View Post
    that's because you bought a cheap knockoff. What you want to buy is the mirror of glamoring.
    lol!

Get me a screenshot if you would. Either here on through PM. Would appreciate it.
    Thanks Cordovan! I don't have a screenshot but it looks like another player provided one. Also, I could show you in game

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast