Community Member

Default Are Poison Strikes "worth it" or should they be left alone?

I was looking at the rogue enhancements for the first time today and I noticed that there are now passives to accompany the Poison Strikes abilities, and they look pretty decent. Are poisons good to use now, or should I still leave them out of my build?
    Characters:
    5th Life Human Paladin - Sorrowanddoo
    11th Life Sun Elf Wizard - Sorrowandei
    3rd Life Human Fighter - Sorrowandai

I recommend you check out the discussion in the crazy long assassin thread. Nokowi and CthruTheEgo have been debating an analyzing those very things.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Currently I take the heartseeker poison, weakening strikes, and deadly strikes. The DC on the poison strikes is too low, so they are essentially useless. AFAIK there has been no official word on whether they will improve the DC or not. But the assassin's mark (which is what allows weakening and deadly strikes to apply to the target) does not require the mob to fail the poison save and is applied as long as you successfully hit the target. Extra damage from deadly strikes is certainly nice, can't complain about that. I don't notice the damage mitigation from weakening strikes but every little bit helps since that is the assassin's biggest weakness. Honestly, because of the reduced costs to a lot of the enhancements, you might as well take these anyway because you'll probably spend a few points as filler if you don't, so you might as well get something for your AP.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai