Default Orien now the Default Server again.

Start helping those newbies guys and girls!

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    Yeah - tell them to move to Khyber! :P
    Newbies to Orien

Once ingame

Type /Joinchannel Titan and then use /1 to type in that channel {Unlike General, Advice or Trade channels Titan is server wide and when there's only 2 other people in your instance you want a server wide channel!}.

When can it ever be Argo? We've had hula girls and confetti readied for months now.

Community Member

Exclamation Titan on Orien

Although I am regularly on Orien monitoring Titan, I am not sure it is the right place for a newbie to join. There are a lot of members exhibiting more and more troll-like attitudes, vulgarity, and not very supportive of newer unknowledgeable members. Although it was significantly better when Item was still active as it was a great place to find Raid guides and tutors. I have never seen a more patient teacher than Item, amazing as he had probably done hundreds or these raid tutorials and even put together newbie faq sheets. But because there are no good alternatives that I am aware of, go ahead and join, just beware. I know some would say don't be so sensitive, but I would say aspire to have a little more class and maturity.

Quote Originally Posted by retrojet View Post
    Although I am regularly on Orien monitoring Titan, I am not sure it is the right place for a newbie to join. There are a lot of members exhibiting more and more troll-like attitudes, vulgarity, and not very supportive of newer unknowledgeable members. Although it was significantly better when Item was still active as it was a great place to find Raid guides and tutors. I have never seen a more patient teacher than Item, amazing as he had probably done hundreds or these raid tutorials and even put together newbie faq sheets. But because there are no good alternatives that I am aware of, go ahead and join, just beware. I know some would say don't be so sensitive, but I would say aspire to have a little more class and maturity.
    I just figured it out! Dev Sev is Item. Duh, it makes so much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by retrojet View Post
    Titan is as far as I know the most heavily populated open channel on any Server!

With twice the population of either Cannithtrade {Cannith} or Defense {Sarlona}.

Orien has one of the most close knit player bases of all Servers too {also one of the smallest}

With Titan there if any Server has the REAL possibility of building a strong Cohesive Player Base it's Orien!

TAKE THAT CHANCE!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Titan is as far as I know the most heavily populated open channel on any Server!

With twice the population of either Cannithtrade {Cannith} or Defense {Sarlona}.

Orien has one of the most close knit player bases of all Servers too {also one of the smallest}

With Titan there if any Server has the REAL possibility of building a strong Cohesive Player Base it's Orien!

TAKE THAT CHANCE!!!
    While you are probably right about the number of people in the channel. I recently re-joined the channel after leaving because of the cesspool it had become. I managed to make it 2 whole days of playing before I left in disgust again. I remember the time when Titan was a good channel for new players and vets alike. Sadly, that time has passed and a new channel hasn't formed (that I know of) to rebuild what Titan once was.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Rove View Post
    While you are probably right about the number of people in the channel. I recently re-joined the channel after leaving because of the cesspool it had become. I managed to make it 2 whole days of playing before I left in disgust again. I remember the time when Titan was a good channel for new players and vets alike. Sadly, that time has passed and a new channel hasn't formed (that I know of) to rebuild what Titan once was.
    It's the same with Cannithtrade and Defense.

The In-Game GMs won't do their jobs and ban the Trolls! {There's one very well known player on Cannith with multiple accounts that I cannot believe are still with us!}.

It's no use starting a new open channel either - Because they don't have the critical mass needed to get people to stick with them!
    Help and Social channels have been created on multiple servers by some good players yet none of them {not even Help on Sarlona} have more than a dozen people in them even at Peak times!

Titan still has 40+ at Peak times - Take a Stand - Ignore the Trolls and HELP the Newbies integrate!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    Yeah - tell them to move to Khyber! :P
    That's probably the best thing you could do to help them out. Send them to a more populated server.

Micki's Delirium
    2014 DDO Players Council

I've run into a lot of new ppl of late. I'm glad we're getting more players.

Orien is not dead.. the problem is the amount of ppl that just run with guildies/ friends instead of pugging... reducing the amount of lfms. Most of the time I get joiners when I post for something. Of course f2p usually fills faster (LoD chain for example), or xp farming quests (VoN 3, Wiz King)
    Read my blog: Micki's Delirium
    Follow me: @DDOMicki (Twitter) Thazara Of Orien (YouTube) DDOMicki (Twitch)
    Join Orien Raiding: Orien Raiding Discord

Don't know what your problem with the Titan channel is. It is still great, you get advice and help there most of the time. Since it is an open channel, it is occasionally possible that some idiots stumble in but that's the way of life and game.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)