Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Default TOEE: Amazing quests. Awful loot.

I had a ridiculous amount of entertainment running these quests. Encounters were very fun, map is huge, plenty of chests. Fighting the end boss was a brutal fight to walk into blind. So, bravo devs - well done with this.

However - I can see now why you guys didn't even run the loot by us an extra time. It's awful, there is nothing I want even situationally out of this. Compared to thunder forged, the caster gear sucks. The melee gear is atrocious. The armors are laughable. And what more, after completing both quests on EE I have a voice of the master as an end reward item. That's just terrible.

So - I've got some praise and criticism at the same time. Really torn as to how I should feel about this going forward. Feels like this will continue being fun for the next week or two, and then it's dead - because the loot is so ridiculously atrocious.

Loot suggestion: This would've been a great opportunity to introduce situationally uber elemental weapons. That way, we'd have grind and get all four so we can use them against the different types of elemental monsters.
    Last edited by Cetus; 04-07-2015 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Loot suggestion: This would've been a great opportunity to introduce situationally uber elemental weapons. That way, we'd have grind and get all four so we can use them against the different types of elemental monsters.
    You mean like this?

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Earthshatter_Warhammer

Count me in.

Community Member

I had a ridiculous amount of entertainment running these quests. Encounters were very fun, map is huge, plenty of chests. Fighting the end boss was a brutal fight to walk into blind. So, bravo devs - well done with this.

However - I can see now why you guys didn't even run the loot by us an extra time. It's awful, there is nothing I want even situationally out of this. Compared to thunder forged, the caster gear sucks. The melee gear is atrocious. The armors are laughable. And what more, after completing both quests on EE I have a voice of the master as an end reward item. That's just terrible.

So - I've got some praise and criticism at the same time. Really torn as to how I should feel about this going forward. Feels like this will continue being fun for the next week or two, and then it's dead - because the loot is so ridiculously atrocious.

Signed!

Did you get any of the named items? I had at least some hope for those, since a screenie from lamma showed an increased crit. multi for the dagger.
    Although most of these weapon types would cover only niche builds anyway...

Just curious, couldn't run it yet myself.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

was fun running through on EE for the first time.
    Quest itself is fun nice aspects for each elemental side.. big area to cover just wandering around.

Endfight is nasty.. and fun...

Loot..
    So far looks sucky. lot of grinding for... meh...
    Would have liked to have seen good solid elemental weapons focussed for each opposing element to encourage crafting each of the 4 versions of the elemental weapons..

EE end reward list sucked.. was all heroic items and 1 garbage epic weapon.. and a level 7 voice trinket equivalent..
    Did not see anything in this entire crafting list that perked any interest in desire to grind anything from here.
    Still waiting to see something jump out as interesting.

ran for a good 4 hours in there.. lots of chests.. not a single tome to be seen..

Haunted Halls has some great named shinies..

Hopefully a loot revamp will be done to bring this stuff into the desirable range..
    Last edited by JOTMON; 04-08-2015 at 01:45 PM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Did you get any of the named items? I had at least some hope for those, since a screenie from lamma showed an increased crit. multi for the dagger.

If the dagger gets an extra multiplier, then that would be a decent start in adding some appeal to this. I haven't seen the hand-crafted named stuff drop yet, but given what we know about their attributes and the abysmal crafting system + the multitude of generic template weapons that dropped, it's not looking good so far.

The end reward really left a bad taste too.

Oh just this piece of junk:

2015 DDO Players Council MangLord's Avatar

I thought the heroic versions were actually really awesome until you can equip your greensteel, at least as far as the upgradeable random drops, but the specially named items are pretty ratchet. I got the great crossbow on a HE run and immediately thought that I could craft myself a more desirable weapon, even with the wildly outdated Cannith system.

That being said, these lvl 7 weapons would have been a lot more useful 2-3 years ago, when more people were still on the TR grind.

I'm just going to stick with my tiered TF weapons for epics. It seems like we got a few updates of unusually good stuff, namely epic 3barrel, epic Orchard and Thunderholme, and now Turbine is trying to compensate by underwhelming us.
    Last edited by MangLord; 04-07-2015 at 03:30 AM.
    Ferial *Halek *Shankwelle on Argonnessen
    Officer of The Order of the Emerald Claw

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking as I read the part about elemental weapons. That's one of my favourite weapons in the game.

Oh just this piece of junk:

Wow. I need a double facepalm for this.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Agreed, entertaining battle but about all we got for beating EE was a decent khopesh skin to glamour.
    Synergia Merlocke (Wiz, Heroic/Epic/Iconic Completionist x3) Merloc (Cleric Tank) Merlocked (Barb) Merlocc (Rog)

Community Member

Hi,

A person in our group also pulled the scimitar. He didn't seem particularly thrilled with it. Apart from that we got a couple of the base weapons and armour, and the xp necklace.

I enjoyed the scale of the dungeon, and a couple of unexpected encounters in the elemental nodes. We did the first part on EH, which wasn't very hard, and ran the second part on EE.

I didn't really like the instakill mechanic in the end fight; none of us had run it before, so there were a lot of deaths while we figured out how to deal with it. I really prefer dungeons where it's possible to make it through first time without dying, just because there is some poorly explained mechanic you need to know to survive.

During some of the larger trash fights upstairs everyone seemed to be suffering from lag.

There were an awful lot of mobs attacking us at several points, and we weren't zerging. It reminded me of Wheloon and how the massive mob spawns in some of those quests almost always seem to be accompanied by some amount of lag.

I agree with what the other posters here have said about loot design and its effect on longevity of the content. Once the novelty has worn off I wonder how often this will be played. Some best in slot niche items, or some convenience items like a Ddoor clicky would have been good to see.

Thanks.
    Last edited by blerkington; 04-07-2015 at 04:10 AM.

Community Member legendkilleroll's Avatar

Not played it yet myself and yeh would have liked the loot to be better

You done this with past updates tho, saw the loot on lam, didn't like it then act so surprised on day 1 of content going live, guess tomorrow will be a thread about how you haven't got +7 to your ability scores yet

Community Member

I found the quests really enjoyable, altho it does favor spammers, rangers and generally high proc characters with the elemental affinity buffs. I think my Wiz past life MM got 10/10 proc, and yea it kinda trivialized the red named fights. I imagine a shuricannoner or a repeater build will have absurd dps in there.

I find the loot to be actually alright for those who cant just run to the forge and smash together a T2 any time they wish. (yes people like them exist). A nice synergy with hybrid melee-casters too, however flavor it is.

I think it would benefit from improved favor pts and exp rewards tho. +3 base favor due to how long they are, and +20% base exp is i think closer to ideal.
    Last edited by janave; 04-07-2015 at 04:30 AM.

I Absolutely agree, this was perhaps the most fun I've ever had playing DDO, I was in a full group of guildies all in mumble (and on BonnieBew's stream), we did the quest on EE and flower sniffed our way through the entire thing, all up we spent about four hours in there looking in every nook and cranny and generally loving everything we came across.

Mob density was very high and at certain points the trash was quite scary. The end fight was one of the best boss fights I've ever had the pleasure of playing in DDO, it was absolutely brutal and very unforgiving, and required some good co-ordination (or spacial awareness) to get everyone to safety. I would in fact go as far as to say this was THE best boss fight in DDO, the arena was a good size too, not too big not too small. We plowed our way through this massive fantastically crafted and narrated module only to receive junk for loot. I can see us doing this a couple more times just for fun but after that unless the loot sees a revamp I doubt we'll touch it again which is a terrible shame considering what a masterpiece that they have created.
    Last edited by Bloodskittle; 04-07-2015 at 04:51 AM.
    Viamel ~ Lava Divers

Community Member

Angry

Awful loot is almost being too kind. Seriously, by every possible benchmark the Epic items score a 0 out of 100. Whom but a rushed employee would put out something this bad?

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

Check the asah, theres plenty of them up already.

edit: oh those ones, nvm.

Founder
    Enlightened Completionist

Default Its all about the Skins

Quote Originally Posted by Merlocke View Post
    Agreed, entertaining battle but about all we got for beating EE was a decent khopesh skin to glamour.
    In the Lamannia thread about weapons, many brought this up and I even went as far as to suggest they forget weapons for this update and give us some augments. The reply I received was, paraphrasing, its too late in the cycle to add augments but wait until you see the new art for the weapons. So, in short, they made new nice looking skins and subpar items so you would have the opportunity to use the skins on you TF or other weapons.

I love the quests as I tested them on Lamannia, but atm Wil Wheaton, the skins, and some favor is not enough for me to buy this AP.
    Martens -The Enlightened One, Triple-Cubed Completionist, "Abbot Slayer," Mournlander (30 Monk Martens' 3.0 Build) * Marten (30 Cleric) Sarlona
    ** My IRL Epic **

Awesome I was worried this quest would killing raiding for at least a month.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast