Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Lord of Shadows Dreppo's Avatar

I like the overall flavor of this tree. Should make for some interesting builds.

Couple of suggestions:
    1) The tree should grant 1HP per action point spent.
    2) Add an AoE party buff to hit points called "tough s***".

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    I am also glad that my team is fun and supportive of my spending my lunch doing this and then allowing me to post it! DDO has a great team!

Luckily, the team actually doesn't get to allot my lunch time, though I do often voluntarily contribute it to working on DDO, such as today's live stream.
    Your dialogue with the players and humor is very much appreciated!
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Community Member

What you can tell from this thread:

- Warlock uses HP to perform action attack.

- Warlock will be charisma based.

- Warlock will get class specific action bar.

... Also, that blue core enchantment icon looks very cool.
    Last edited by Angelic-council; 04-01-2015 at 09:57 PM.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic-council View Post
    What you can tell from this thread:
    Most perceptive, had to look back, ty.

- Warlock uses HP to perform action attack.
    Why not, -1 hp per eldritch blast sounds interesting?

- Warlock will be charisma based.
    With possible benefit from Con, yes, well seen.

- Warlock will get class specific action bar.
    Totally missed that one, but it sounds cool!

... Also, that blue core enchantment icon looks very cool.
    Whoever did the ARTWORK with the blue background with gold star inside circle ~ congratulations!
    Can we keep that, I love it!

Regarding Neutral Evil ~ might be April Fools, but I am willing to open up alignments.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Your dialogue with the players and humor is very much appreciated!
    Indeed.

In fact one of my in game conversations while on the player's council with a raiding group boiled down to "one of the greatest faults of past Devs is simply not bothering to communicate when it would not harm secrets...." ...thanks.

We’re excited to announce the first of the Warlock enhancement trees! The Pirate's Council has been looking at this for at least 36 hours now, and we've made some dramatic changes based on their feedback already, but overall player reception has been quite positive.

Toughness is the Warlock’s primary DPS tree. We feel the reverse Core Toughness enhancements and the tier 2 passive Action Boost: Toughness synergize well with Eldritch Blast. The Toughness line up the center should help out whether your pact is with Fiend, Fey, or Toughness. This is also the first tree where you can take an enhancement on the right side and cross over to the left, though that requires four Warlock class levels due to balance concerns. The tier 5 Toughness enhancements pack a lot of punch and should really make this tree stand out compared to the other Warlock Enhancement Trees, Mental Toughness and the very Warlock specific version, Eldritch Toughness.

Pfft! I'll see your maxed toughness tree, and raise you CHUCK NORRIS!
    Many of life's lessons are taught through games. So GAME ON!
    Ghallanda Server - Guild: Legends of Ancient Greece
    Characters: Kleftis, Archpapas, Polemistis, Elveis, Axesizis, Eurostos, Mihanodigos, Agiosmihanos, Trayoudis, Idikos ... so many more

what's an Almond Jello???

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Whoever did the ARTWORK with the blue background with gold star inside circle ~ congratulations!
    Can we keep that, I love it!
    Btw, what you are looking at is the class icon. I'm talking about April fool's made up Toughtness tree icon. That thing is well thought

...still a better DPS tree than eldritch knight.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

It's ok to buff new classes when you introduce them in the game but that is way too much!!! I detest how you find new ways to [instert 1st typical complain here] and then you find a way to fool players because you will eventually nerf this. [insert 2nd typical complain here] and bla bla bla and nerf nerf nerf.

On a "serious" note the symbol and the neutral evil alignment is just too awesome \m/
    Khyber : Agraell, Bellafontas, Olethrio, Tiropitaki, Tserp

Community Member

I actually want to play this.

15PAL/5 Warlock, T5 in this warlock tree, spending all pts in toughnesses.

For an truly epic build. xd

LOL Ammon Jerro I love it!

Even though I quit DDO last year I am still keeping an eye on the Warlock progress. This was a humorous surprise.

This is also the first tree where you can take an enhancement on the right side and cross over to the left, though that requires four Warlock class levels due to balance concerns.
    i loved the left t3 enhancement and it's reverse upgrade

but i can't cross the tree from right to left

overall you lied, you made me sad

good thing the overall cost in the tree is 80 AP tho
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    i loved the left t3 enhancement and it's reverse upgrade

but i can't cross the tree from right to left

overall you lied, you made me sad

good thing the overall cost in the tree is 80 AP tho
    Called out!

See, that cross-line turned out to be overperforming, so we had to nerf it before it reached you guys... Yeah, that's it!

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Ammon Jerro

Nicely done.
    I think the "+" indicates administration account maybe?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaGreat1 View Post
    You need to nerf this! Warlock are going to be too powerful. I'd change the T4, first to the left, only 1 rank max. Then, I think it would be fine
    Are you real

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic-council View Post
    Btw, what you are looking at is the class icon. I'm talking about April fool's made up Toughness tree icon. That thing is well thought
    Dang you are right, looking at it with a magnifying glass.
    Hmm...what is it?
    Star? ~ not shiny enough.
    Perhaps a Dark Star which is PACT like.
    Looks like a red $ in the middle of it.
    Acolyte of the Skin ? ~ maybe, maybe not.
    I like it anyway.

Anyway, the name Ammon = Demi-god type Warlock/Wizard (represented in NW2 as a Warlock) along with the SP bar and mention of Mental Toughness and Eldritch Toughness do grant some possible tin-foil-hat clues.

There probably will be an Eldritch Bar (already mentioned above) which made tons of sense in earlier debates. I guess Eldritch Toughness, Greater Eldritch Toughness, and Epic Eldritch Toughness would grant ?% Invocation crit chances along with +X per Y Eldritch Bar resources.

The ability scores are Cha, Con, then bit into Str and the rest dumped.
    That indicates Warlock's having a possible Melee type tree or some sort of melee support which was very much requested.
    There probably will be an SP Bar as shown on the character sheet and mentioned by the access to mental toughness. This follows the 5th edition variation which is my favorite. This would allow a Warlock to function fairly well in casting type Epic Destinies such as Exalted Angel and Draconic; being able to cast Energy Burst and Divine Wrath consistently while still depending upon Warlock features for the main burden of power.

{This is my favorite approach, possibly granting a few spells within one or more trees. However the Eldritch Bar would be the main power source.}

Ammon indicates that the resulting almost required new Warlock Epic Destiny would be in the Arcane Sphere. This could mean the new Artificier Epic Destiny might be in the Martial Sphere (with more Xbow DPS)? So we might not get a new Epic Destiny Sphere at this time such as a Planar Sphere.

The April Fools joke allowed Varg to get us a possible sneak peak and resulting small feedback without committing to anything.

As I said already, Fey and Fiend makes a lot of sense for Pacts.

The alignment issues are brought up with Neutral Evil.
    Many agree that Warlock probably should have some sort of alignment restrictions.
    The main line is where the Bards and Barbarians lie atm ~ non lawful.
    And of course the question of "Why are we not allowed to be evil?" will be brought up with Warlock development.
    Regardless of the final answer which I don't have.

Until this was posted my thoughts on when Warlock will appear was about 50% / 50% for the next two updates.
    But now with the next update (after April 6th) being Shavarath (very planar) and Warlocks being pacts with extra planar creatures, I am moving the estimate to 80% likely to be in the Shavarath pack.

Likely the Pirate's Council is about to see a "what do you think about these Warlock basic concepts?" or the like. Don't bother trying to get much out of them, the Devs are smart enough not to reveal too much ahead of time.

loled hard at this, I expected these to be placeholder icons and was looking for real stuff... ya got me.

looking forward to our 4k HP warlocks.
    Lich - Lichclaw - Lichdust - Lichfate - Lichgaze - Lichrot - Lichsoul - Lichvault
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    DDOCast Contributor http://www.ddocast.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/g_lich

Community Member

We’re excited to announce the first of the Warlock enhancement trees! The Pirate's Council has been looking at this for at least 36 hours now, and we've made some dramatic changes based on their feedback already, but overall player reception has been quite positive.

Toughness is the Warlock’s primary DPS tree. We feel the reverse Core Toughness enhancements and the tier 2 passive Action Boost: Toughness synergize well with Eldritch Blast. The Toughness line up the center should help out whether your pact is with Fiend, Fey, or Toughness. This is also the first tree where you can take an enhancement on the right side and cross over to the left, though that requires four Warlock class levels due to balance concerns. The tier 5 Toughness enhancements pack a lot of punch and should really make this tree stand out compared to the other Warlock Enhancement Trees, Mental Toughness and the very Warlock specific version, Eldritch Toughness.
    I would use tp points to get this if it were a generic tree!!
    Khyber:
    Lunality, Sorcality, Tunality, Axation, Causation, Shurality, Desparality, Stingality and a few more...
    Stingality

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by LordTigerDawn View Post
    I would use tp points to get this if it were a generic tree!!
    You got a point there Lord Tiger, its a joke tree, but a variation would be easy to do and some players like tons of HP....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast