Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This made me laugh... well done, sir!

Community Member

So all those references to ToEE have really meant Toughness of Elemental Evil? Who would have thought it.

A few things:

1. Obviously you did not think about {insert favorite build, class, race, etc.} when you made this tree.
    2. Increase {insert enhancement} cooldown to {insert ridiculous time}
    3. Decrease {insert enhancement} cooldown to {insert ridiculous time}
    4. Only a mentally challenged player would use anything in the {insert column} column.
    5. This puts {insert class} back in the dark ages.
    6. This tree needs more {insert favorite measurable attribute} to be viable.
    7. How can you justify adding so much {insert favorite measurable attribute} when {insert other class tree} does not?
    8. By the name of {insert mythical deity}! How {insert negative adjective} is this!

I have a few more comments but I am {at work/in the toilet/driving/other activity no one cares about} and my {phone/tablet/laptop/typewriter} is {insert excuse for brain skid}.

Thanks,

And BTW, a good April 1 to you too!

Community Member

Wait, there's no Constitution enhancements in this tree, just more toughness! I demand the ability to spend 4 AP for 28 HP and 1 Fort at cap!

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alfhild View Post
    So all those references to ToEE have really meant Toughness of Elemental Evil?
    Close! It actually stands for "Toughness of Elemental toughnEss."
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Thanks everyone for the excellent feedback so far.

For this particular reply, I've filled in the questions with the direction we're currently thinking of heading.
    Quote Originally Posted by willox2112 View Post

1. Obviously you did not think about TOUGHNESS when you made this tree.
    2. Increase TOUGHNESS cooldown to TOUGHNESS
    3. Decrease TOUGHNESS cooldown to TOUGHNESS
    4. Only a mentally challenged player would use anything in the TOUGHNESS column.
    5. This puts TOUGHNESS back in the dark ages.
    6. This tree needs more TOUGHNESS to be viable.
    7. How can you justify adding so much TOUGHNESS when TOUGHNESS does not?
    8. By the name of TOUGHNESS! How TOUGHNESS is this!

I have a few more comments but I am TOUGHNESS and my TOUGHNESS is TOUGHNESS.
    You might know me from such films as "TOUGHNESS Guys", "Being John TOUGHNESSvich", and "TOUGHNESS in Seattle".

Stay TOUGH.
    -TOUGHNESS

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post

For this particular reply, I've filled in the questions with the direction we're currently thinking of heading.

You might know me from such films as "TOUGHNESS Guys", "Being John TOUGHNESSvich", and "TOUGHNESS in Seattle".

Stay TOUGH.
    -TOUGHNESS

I think Cord should change your title to Toughness Developer.

Just as a thought.

Cord make it happen!

(please)

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Stay TOUGH.
    -TOUGHNESS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHGuTa6pWxg

Quote Originally Posted by MadCookieQueen View Post
    I think Cord should change your title to Toughness Developer.

Just as a thought.

Cord make it happen!

(please)
    Toughness Toughveloper?
    Cannith - Falconsbane(8 - 3rd life), NeedOil (14), NeedMead, Needfood, hobbitarcher(5)
    Sarlona - Zebidiahh (19.8), Anotherpers(20), Smurgh(16), Falconsbane(14), Needoil(15)
    The first rule of the trashcan guild is expect to die...
    There is no second rule.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

Before

and After

Don't miss out on the best tree in the game...

Looks squishy. It's missing its major saves enhancements: "Tough Luck"
    "You're a Jedi, Harry"

- Gandelf

We’re excited to announce the first of the Warlock enhancement trees! The Pirate's Council has been looking at this for at least 36 hours now, and we've made some dramatic changes based on their feedback already, but overall player reception has been quite positive.

Toughness is the Warlock’s primary DPS tree. We feel the reverse Core Toughness enhancements and the tier 2 passive Action Boost: Toughness synergize well with Eldritch Blast. The Toughness line up the center should help out whether your pact is with Fiend, Fey, or Toughness. This is also the first tree where you can take an enhancement on the right side and cross over to the left, though that requires four Warlock class levels due to balance concerns. The tier 5 Toughness enhancements pack a lot of punch and should really make this tree stand out compared to the other Warlock Enhancement Trees, Mental Toughness and the very Warlock specific version, Eldritch Toughness.
    While I congratulate you for doing this on April Fools Day, I like how the time is managed. After all, Severlin did say his dev's time is precious and alotted for certain things. Glad time could be made for a joke and not more serious things.

That downward arrow is hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by mudfud View Post
    While I congratulate you for doing this on April Fools Day, I like how the time is managed. After all, Severlin did say his dev's time is precious and alotted for certain things. Glad time could be made for a joke and not more serious things.
    I am also glad that my team is fun and supportive of my spending my lunch doing this and then allowing me to post it! DDO has a great team!

Luckily, the team actually doesn't get to allot my lunch time, though I do often voluntarily contribute it to working on DDO, such as today's live stream.

Thumbs up

I am also glad that my team is fun and supportive of my spending my lunch doing this and then allowing me to post it! DDO has a great team!

Luckily, the team actually doesn't get to allot my lunch time, though I do often voluntarily contribute it to working on DDO, such as today's live stream.

Quote Originally Posted by vargouille View Post

ftfy!

Community Member

We’re excited to announce the first of the Warlock enhancement trees! The Pirate's Council has been looking at this for at least 36 hours now, and we've made some dramatic changes based on their feedback already, but overall player reception has been quite positive.

Toughness is the Warlock’s primary DPS tree. We feel the reverse Core Toughness enhancements and the tier 2 passive Action Boost: Toughness synergize well with Eldritch Blast. The Toughness line up the center should help out whether your pact is with Fiend, Fey, or Toughness. This is also the first tree where you can take an enhancement on the right side and cross over to the left, though that requires four Warlock class levels due to balance concerns. The tier 5 Toughness enhancements pack a lot of punch and should really make this tree stand out compared to the other Warlock Enhancement Trees, Mental Toughness and the very Warlock specific version, Eldritch Toughness.
    This is quite cute - I'm sad to see the usual "boohoo why wasn't the 4 minutes spent on this (apparently on the devs own done) used to fix every bug in existance?! Waah!" that plauges the DDO community, but hey.

I'm also wondering.. and feel free to put your tinfoil hats on for this one.. but even just by jokingly mentioning "Fiend, Fey, or Toughness," perhaps there is a subtle nugget of foreshadowing here. in 4th ed the initial choices are fiend, fey, and star.. we may be seeing a 4th-ed style enhancement setup, much as we have for some other classes recently? Sounds absolutely splendid to me, if so! The flavors of the fiend/fey/star were all super well done, and could translate very interestingly into DDO. This makes me all the more excited for warlock when it comes! Then again, they could also do 'infernal,' which always felt kinda redundant to me in terms of the aesthetic - fiend and infernal, while distinct in their own ways, still "feel" very similar. Rather than the star which is delightfully different from the normal gods and demons and such of D&D! Can't wait to see what comes about, either way.

Community Member

Default Tough call

If you count it up, this tree gives an extra 810hps! In the right destiny, with the right build...
    I am eagerly awaiting those screaming 'nerf' when they see the 'less durable' trees presented later in the year!

Quote Originally Posted by vengfarga View Post
    If you count it up, this tree gives an extra 810hps! In the right destiny, with the right build...
    I am eagerly awaiting those screaming 'nerf' when they see the 'less durable' trees presented later in the year!
    LOL Admit it, if this was possible you would take it all. I know I would. That way when my cmw does 3500 heal crits, I won't have to worry about it wasting anything.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast