Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    I am also glad that my team is fun and supportive of my spending my lunch doing this and then allowing me to post it! DDO has a great team!

Luckily, the team actually doesn't get to allot my lunch time, though I do often voluntarily contribute it to working on DDO, such as today's live stream.
    ty

and Kobold saw you sneak off and snack on BACON!

Not tough enough for the warlock, they need something like a

tough stance:
    -Activation: 300 SP
    -Increases total hit points by 50.
    -toggles off when user casts a spell or performs a melee/ranged attack.

However, this might make a nice P2W tree like the harpers!

(Lol, I wonder what would happen if a tree like this WAS available in the store )
    That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.
    Feature wishlist: colour-coded HP bars; red/blue teams in raids; rez-timer in party menu

Bug report form link

haha thats real funny..except that it really isn't T_T get my hope up~~~ i hate april first

edit: notice the name.. this get my hope up again.. at least one of the dev play nwn2..
    Last edited by burningwind; 04-01-2015 at 03:34 PM.

Default The Fabulous Thunderbirds seem skeptical.

They wanna know, is it...?

The tree is already being applied: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...7447-HP-Buffed
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

We’re excited to announce the first of the Warlock enhancement trees! The Pirate's Council has been looking at this for at least 36 hours now, and we've made some dramatic changes based on their feedback already, but overall player reception has been quite positive.

Toughness is the Warlock’s primary DPS tree. We feel the reverse Core Toughness enhancements and the tier 2 passive Action Boost: Toughness synergize well with Eldritch Blast. The Toughness line up the center should help out whether your pact is with Fiend, Fey, or Toughness. This is also the first tree where you can take an enhancement on the right side and cross over to the left, though that requires four Warlock class levels due to balance concerns. The tier 5 Toughness enhancements pack a lot of punch and should really make this tree stand out compared to the other Warlock Enhancement Trees, Mental Toughness and the very Warlock specific version, Eldritch Toughness.
    Possible Truths under the fools? (WARNING: THIS IS ALL JUST A GUESS!!...and a bit tongue in cheek)

Fey and Fiend were mentioned, are these the actually trees?...here's hoping the third is the Cosmic or Celestial Pact (regardless at least on of them needs to be.

(That said I would rather the trees NOT be pact related and instead have them be a Lvl 1 Warlock choice that grants further abilities similar to FvS Diety Feats)

Evil Alignment may actually be being considered...I hope though don't FORCE Warlocks to be evil though..I'd be fine with Chaotic OR Evil (Allowing for CE, LE,NE, CN or CG) but would prefer it be no requirement (as long as Dark One's Luck doesn't stack with Paladin Divine Grace)

Eldritch Toughness...sounds cool...I hope something gets this name

Mental Toughness? Will the resourceless Warlock be forced to have a Blue Bar, PLEASE NO!!!!

Anyways have fun speculating guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

That's pretty good lol

I am also glad that my team is fun and supportive of my spending my lunch doing this and then allowing me to post it! DDO has a great team!

Luckily, the team actually doesn't get to allot my lunch time, though I do often voluntarily contribute it to working on DDO, such as today's live stream.
    On a more serious note I am curious to get an idea of where Dev's are heading with warlocks. Will they have 2 trees at launch? I Melee one spellcaster? Will offhand orbs and SWF be an important part of Melee warlocks? Is demon form being added?

Will Erdrich blasts remain a ranged "touch" attack and not a spell with an evadeable dc?

Would love to hear even just a tiny bit of real info.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 42/42, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Quote Originally Posted by mudfud View Post
    While I congratulate you for doing this on April Fools Day, I like how the time is managed. After all, Severlin did say his dev's time is precious and alotted for certain things. Glad time could be made for a joke and not more serious things.

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

lol very nice!! I can't wait to see the Eldritch Toughness tree!

While I congratulate you for doing this on April Fools Day, I like how the time is managed. After all, Severlin did say his dev's time is precious and alotted for certain things. Glad time could be made for a joke and not more serious things.
    I agree, I think all the devs should be chained to their desks until all the bugs are squashed. It is the best way to motivate creative people, there should be no fun in the workplace ever. If they wanted to have fun at work the devs should have gotten jobs at a prison or a nuclear power plant. What kind of fool goes to work for a game company thinking they might enjoy their job and have fun! Don't they know their customers are very serious people!

Also I can't believe they get lunch breaks? Just put a tray of food in front of them or better yet have an intern feed them while they work.

Next we find out they get to go home at night? Preposterous !

Why are they even allowed to post on the forums? That time should be deducted from their bathroom breaks, although If I was in charge they would wear diapers and keep working.

Are you on the PC?, if not you need to get on next year and straighten things out.
    Conn Niall Paladin
    Cormac Mac Airt Ranger/Rogue
    If it is a Paladin with some version of Conn.... it is probably me.

Default Finally!!!!

At last

CON is truly a dump stat
    Some people are like Slinkies
    They don't really have a purpose
    But they still bring a smile to your face
    When you push them down the stairs

Community Member

I hope you this comes back to bite you as you get fired from your job for spending 5 minutes doing something non-job related. Even if Vargouille did not spend his lunch time to do this, you are still being very unrealistic and unfair to the devs, not to mention rude. They are human and need a break sometimes too.

Next time try not to twist people's words and make false assumptions if you want to be taken seriously. Your sarcastic tone doesn't help your case either.

Quote Originally Posted by ghtzxc View Post
    I hope you this comes back to bite you as you get fired from your job for spending 5 minutes doing something non-job related. Even if Vargouille did not spend his lunch time to do this, you are still being very unrealistic and unfair to the devs, not to mention rude. They are human and need a break sometimes too.

Next time try not to twist people's words and make false assumptions if you want to be taken seriously. Your sarcastic tone doesn't help your case either.
    Hey good of you to come to this thread. In case you missed it, today is April Fool's Day and you just made the cut. Oh and in the states they have something called labor laws. Where companies can get in trouble when employees voluntarily work on there breaks to do something work related, so have no fear of me doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by noneill View Post
    I agree, I think all the devs should be chained to their desks until all the bugs are squashed. It is the best way to motivate creative people, there should be no fun in the workplace ever. If they wanted to have fun at work the devs should have gotten jobs at a prison or a nuclear power plant. What kind of fool goes to work for a game company thinking they might enjoy their job and have fun! Don't they know their customers are very serious people!

Also I can't believe they get lunch breaks? Just put a tray of food in front of them or better yet have an intern feed them while they work.

Next we find out they get to go home at night? Preposterous !

Why are they even allowed to post on the forums? That time should be deducted from their bathroom breaks, although If I was in charge they would wear diapers and keep working.

Are you on the PC?, if not you need to get on next year and straighten things out.
    Yeah totally I mean if they really wanted to have fun they should have built a life sized pacman game in there free time instead.
    Last edited by mudfud; 04-01-2015 at 06:40 PM.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

today is April Fool's Day
    Which gives you license to pull pranks not to be a jerk
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by losian2 View Post
    I'm also wondering.. and feel free to put your tinfoil hats on for this one..
    I tried to take clues before making any of my independent projects (except for the Warmage one), so I can tell you that the last clue I pieced together was Varg making a random Warlock related comment on Lamania.

Hence, Varg got a good look at public opinion on said topic:

Warlock Project

without any need to commit anything but reading time. Part of the reason I started those projects is because I had a fair amount of confidence in them and hoped they would speed up things later on. But it was you folks that made this happen.

Later Sev announced official word, Warlock is coming!

So, we might assume that Varg is going to be lead Dev with lots of help from others (like Steel might be lead Dev on the Arty stuff).

Now is about the time that the PC will start seeing rough stuff for the next update, a little at a time.

So, maybe Varg's eyes are turning towards Warlock (not necessary next update but at least soon) and there is a lot to do.

Fiend and Fey pacts (either in feat or tree form) make a lot of sense, leaving Star/Celestial/infernal/??? an interesting 3rd/4th choice.

Warlock unlike other 3rd edition classes has been greatly influenced by 4th and 5th edition ideas, in fact latter 3.5 ed was a prelude to 4th ed. The class was defined by later editions, like it or not. Although one could keep a 3rd Ed feel to it.

The mental toughness reference might could be ignored as its just more toughness talk, then nontoughness stuff might be more important and knowing the way these things work, everything could change...

As far as time spent, it is pretty much greatly expected for a gaming company to go all out on April 1st and with the Dev tracker being read this was an easy way to do it. Great job!

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    At last

CON is truly a dump stat
    Oh and yes possibly Con as a casting stat option maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Which gives you license to pull pranks not to be a jerk
    I'm glad the day almost over. It seems your not pulling a prank here and seem to be really offended over something.

I'm hoping that Warlocks get the Toughness feat free as part of their Capstone. Otherwise I am very pleased with the way this tree is shaping up. When I was on the Pirate Council back in 1988, we were pushing for something like this. I like to think we laid the groundwork for this and are now seeing the fruits of our labor.

Side story - Myself and one of the other Pirate Council members (Morgan Fairchild, we were dating back then) actually recommended that Cordovan (an intern at the time) be hired on permanently and the kid that brought in Starbucks for everyone should be hired as a paid intern - can you guess who that was? None other than Varg! I remember the time he set a 4-cup carrier of lattes on top of the G-Land server and they spilled all down inside... Hahaha they told everyone the subsequent issues were due to the network provider. A bunch of people on the forums did some ping tests and said no way, others came to the defense of Microsoft (who owned DDO back in the 80's and 90's) and said there is no lag.

So yes, seeing this really brings back the memories.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast