Community Member

Default Alchemical crafting

My guild is looking into Alchemical crafting.

The wiki doesn't have much information on it.

Does anyone have more details?

What ingredients should we get at the tenth end rewards?

Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    The wiki doesn't have much information on it.
    Yes the main alchemical crafting page is fairly dense, but if you click on the links to the crafting station pages you'll find more information.

1. Create ingots, alloys and compounds at the Melting Station
    2. Refine the item at the Reforging Station
    3. Upgrade the item at the Binding Station

The binding station page has the beef.

My impression is that the specific exquisite shards are the rarest/hardest ingredient to get for a desired recipe, so focus on getting the exquisite spirits and shards.
    Last edited by stoerm; 03-31-2015 at 10:02 AM.
    Don't feed the trolls.
    Praise the Dark Six and pass the heals to pure melees.
    Full feat tree; Cannith; change; merger; evil; win; minmaxing; FotM; deja vu; Kobolds.
    Dungeons and Dragons Online ~ Nude Song and Gnarled Onions

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Cannith Stations

Cannith Forging Station

The Cannith Forging Station is on the way to the raid Master Artificer. This station is where you make finished versions of the items you’ve found in the slayer and quests. Also, this station is used to combine Binding Shards (200 of a type; Regular, Refined, and Exquisit) into an Empty Biding Shard. These shards are required to bind the essences that you need to craft your Alchemical item. The essences come from the Lord of Blades elemental optional at the end.

200 (Regular, Refined, or Exquisite) = 1 Empty Binding Shard (Regular, Refined, or Exquisite)

Cannith Binding Station

The Cannith Binding Station is located on the way to the Lord of Blades raid. This station is where you combine the Empty Binding Shards made at the Cannith Forging Station with an essence (water, fire, earth, ice). The essences are found in these forms, regular, refined, and equsite.

For example, to make a Kyber Dragonshard of Earth (exquisite) for the alchemical weapon I’m making I would combine the Earth Essence (equisite) obtained from the elemental optional at the end of the Lord of Blades raid with an Empty Binding Shard (exquisite). Then I can use the Kyber Dragonshard of Earth (exquisite) with a Martial or Mystical power cell to add that effect to the alchemical weapon.

0-[===>

Note: You can sometimes pull an empty dragonshard (regular, refined, or exquisite) from chests. The alchemical weapon drops in the end chests from the Master Articifer raid. Likewise, the essences drop from the optional at the end of the Lord of Blades raid. However, essence drops are random from the optional chest. Don’t be surprised if you don’t get anything or you did the fire ellie and got a water essence : )

EDIT ~ Overall depending on what ingrediants that you need to finish or upgrade an item, you may wish to do different difficulties of the raids for a particular ingrediant (i.e. Heroic Elite or Epic Elite, etc).
    Last edited by Livmo; 03-31-2015 at 12:48 PM.

Others have pointed out going to the links to the individual stations can help demystify aspects of this crafting.

As for the 10th reward list

For Lord of Blades I've seen the following:
    Choice of a Spirit (Air/Water/Earth/Fire)
    Either a Mystical or Martial power cell
    Random Refined Spirit (not always but it does appear)

For Master Artificier I've seen the following every 5th:
    Choice of Weapons and Shields

Each difficulty setting has different binding shards and spirit level chances.

In the end the trick is getting the spirits you want since they are bound to character. I recommend personally putting up for roll any you won't use. It's not much but sometimes what goes around does come around. I find most that run these raids are of that mindset.

Community Member

Dumb question: is there only one type of Greater Cannith Power Cell? Like there isn't a regular/refined/equsisite cell? Just you need one at every tier?

I've actually got close to enough stuff to start crafting... but I don't have any greater cells and I think tier 1 is the only ingredient tier I don't have!

Hey, what are thoughts on a Triple Earth Bastard Sword or Greatsword?