Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

I typically do the majority of my questing in the heroic levels and I currently have well under a 1,000 remnants. Although I just did TR Erdrique so I'll be curious to see how many of them get during this life. A guildie and I ran Where There's Smoke on elite with our level 3 TR characters and we encounters about 10 or so champions and we picked up 8 remnants from a single, non-named champion drop. We only had one of the optional names and he unfortunately didn't spawn as a champion.

However, before I did go through my TR with Erd, I took him Devil's Assault on elite and he was level 18 at the time. I was quite surprised to see the number of champion chest drop during the first way of devils. I haven't picked up more remnants in any quest since then (again I haven't hit the epics all that much).

Although I am curious about remnant drops. I had taken a level 20 character into The Lord of Stone on hard (Level 18) and I was picking up remnants from some of the champions in there. I thought this was strange. I have seen this a couple of other times too, so not sure what was going on. (PS-I was only running the quest with my hirelings, level 20 as well, except for my owlbear which was level 17, which makes me wonder if the owlbear got the killing blow perhaps...).

In any case, I don't really have a problem with the reward costs right now because this isn't really an event, although I won't be gathering that many any time soon.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Erdrique View Post
    (PS-I was only running the quest with my hirelings, level 20 as well, except for my owlbear which was level 17, which makes me wonder if the owlbear got the killing blow perhaps...).
    Yes, the remnants will be because the Owlbear got the killing blow. They drop if the character/hireling that kills the champion is at the quest level or below.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Erdrique View Post
    I typically do the majority of my questing in the heroic levels and I currently have well under a 1,000 remnants. Although I just did TR Erdrique so I'll be curious to see how many of them get during this life. A guildie and I ran Where There's Smoke on elite with our level 3 TR characters and we encounters about 10 or so champions and we picked up 8 remnants from a single, non-named champion drop. We only had one of the optional names and he unfortunately didn't spawn as a champion.

However, before I did go through my TR with Erd, I took him Devil's Assault on elite and he was level 18 at the time. I was quite surprised to see the number of champion chest drop during the first way of devils. I haven't picked up more remnants in any quest since then (again I haven't hit the epics all that much).

Although I am curious about remnant drops. I had taken a level 20 character into The Lord of Stone on hard (Level 18) and I was picking up remnants from some of the champions in there. I thought this was strange. I have seen this a couple of other times too, so not sure what was going on. (PS-I was only running the quest with my hirelings, level 20 as well, except for my owlbear which was level 17, which makes me wonder if the owlbear got the killing blow perhaps...).

In any case, I don't really have a problem with the reward costs right now because this isn't really an event, although I won't be gathering that many any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi_Ryu View Post
    Yes, the remnants will be because the Owlbear got the killing blow. They drop if the character/hireling that kills the champion is at the quest level or below.
    This, also if a trap kills a champ it can drop remnants.

The remnant "jackpot" (% chance to hit 60-74 remnants) has been severely reduced to less than past patch, to probably the same level as unbound hearts and other store items. This is expected when you put remnant boost pots in the store, I suppose that is the only explanation.
    Last edited by CaptainPurge; 07-25-2016 at 02:57 AM.

Gonna go ahead with this conspiracy theory and say they dropped JACKPOT remnant drops to nothing while they are introducing rem pots in the store.

Jackpot rems were a good idea, too bad you (Turbine) sold out broseph.

TLDR: Jackpot was when you hit up to 70's remnants on a single drop.
    Last edited by CaptainPurge; 07-25-2016 at 03:44 AM. Reason: clarify jackpot, and clarified Turbine sell out

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    The remnant "jackpot" has been severely reduced to less than past patch, to probably the same level as unbound hearts and other store items. This is expected when you put remnant boost pots in the store, I suppose that is the only explanation.
    This thread is well over a year old. And, given my latest heroic TR, you are wrong. In the last two days I've had to empty my bag into my shared bank twice. So 2k. Been running everything at level elite, aiming for 5k favor.

Random numbers are (semi, since computers don't actually do random numbers) random. I ran a quest tonight back to back (coughSleepinhDustcough), first time got only a couple remnant drops off a ton of champions, second time had fewer champions (got lucky on the second book, didn't have to run the entire thing looking for it like the first time), got a couple hundred remnants. Same quest, same difficulty. Seed was reset when I reset the quest apparently.
    Anyone who disagrees is a Terrorist...

Cthulhu 2020 Never settle for the lesser evil...

Quote Originally Posted by azrael4h View Post
    This thread is well over a year old. And, given my latest heroic TR, you are wrong. In the last two days I've had to empty my bag into my shared bank twice. So 2k. Been running everything at level elite, aiming for 5k favor.

Random numbers are (semi, since computers don't actually do random numbers) random. I ran a quest tonight back to back (coughSleepinhDustcough), first time got only a couple remnant drops off a ton of champions, second time had fewer champions (got lucky on the second book, didn't have to run the entire thing looking for it like the first time), got a couple hundred remnants. Same quest, same difficulty. Seed was reset when I reset the quest apparently.
    Jackpot draws. Not my first post but you quoted my 2nd. Jackpot draw is far less than expected right now.

Community Member

Jackpot draws. Not my first post but you quoted my 2nd. Jackpot draw is far less than expected right now.
    Seems the same to me. It definitely wasn't taken out.
    Last edited by Gremmlynn; 07-25-2016 at 04:42 AM.

Heroics gives oute really nice amount of rem, but epics s...k for rem. They should address this.
    Triple Heroic & Epic completionist. Eroic : 42/42 - Epic : 36/36 - Iconic : 12/12.

Not sure how many billions of at-level runs on Wave 1 i need to do. Not a single "jackpot drop" septillion runs. So that is my point and remains my point.

O well.

Boring conversation anyway.

Gonna go ahead with this conspiracy theory and say they dropped JACKPOT remnant drops to nothing while they are introducing rem pots in the store.

Jackpot rems were a good idea, too bad you (Turbine) sold out broseph.

TLDR: Jackpot was when you hit up to 70's remnants on a single drop.
    I received quite a few jackpots and am fine with the remnant drops.

My only suggestion is allow people to dial up the percentage of champions to 100% for more challenge.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I received quite a few jackpots and am fine with the remnant drops.

My only suggestion is allow people to dial up the percentage of champions to 100% for more challenge.
    Random is just that, one get's nothing but jackpots while the other gets none.

I've seen some in the 60s last week or so.

A more intereting question is, how far are peeps with collecting the temporarily remnant stuff?
    If I recall correctly I'm on my way to get that flaming helmet but could decide to get the spellpower tomes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Navox View Post
    Mysterious Remnants are ridiculously rare, and the rewards are astronomically overpriced. It should not take 100+ hours of farming to get 10000 mysterious remnants...but what else can be expected when the devs know nothing about playing DDO.
    I've amassed enough mysterious remnants since they were introduced (And with about a 3 month break somewhere from then to now) to purchase two full sets of remnant tomes, a level 21 mysterious bracers, and a level 21 mysterious cloak. If my math is correct, that means I've spent 139,000 mysterious remnants, in addition to about 6000 I still have in the bank. That's without playing an absolutely insane amount of DDO (I wouldn't say I play casually, but probably not more than 30-40 hours a week). In my experience with them, the trick is to play in heroics. Every heroic TR from 1-20 I can usually get between 5000-10000 remnants (10,000 is more like the extra rem weekend amount) running every single quest without running every opt and checking behind myself after I kill a bunch of champions to make sure there aren't any remnants/chests dropped. On the other hand, my main character did about 6 EPL's in a row, and probably took in less than 1000 remnants.

I think that if there was any modifications to remnants, epic drop rate should be increased, and/or some of the rewards should have their prices lowered. Mysterious bracers/cloak seem fine to me, as do the tomes (The tomes aren't gamechangers, they're the definition of min/max) but many items in the list are useless for the price (augments, scrolls) and some of them feel expensive for extended gameplay (+2 stacking ability score pots, which are mostly used at cap, at which you pull in very few remnants).
    Dazling of Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Blastyswa View Post
    (I wouldn't say I play casually, but probably not more than 30-40 hours a week).
    Yeah, playing like it's a second job is definitely not "casual". That's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    Description: The arcane archer PrE seems to be designed to work only with bows. However, it is possible to attach its effects to other weapons with much greater rate of fire like shurikens (or crossbows).
    Bug.

The system is flawed..
    I get the same random drops whether I am running level 6 or level 30.
    the remnant trade-in cost scales by level for the items to be purchased, but the remnant drops do not scale by level.
    So running higher level content does nothing except increase the difficulty of the challenge, there is no drop benefit.
    If you want remnants, roll up a low level self sufficient no mana bar hard/elite quest farmer and destroy stuff in the harbor.

as for trade-in purchases...
    most items are a rip off cost wise..best bet is to not buy augments or portions using remnants, its a rip off.. find the alternative sources and buy them that way..
    Save remnants for the remnant exclusive cost items you are interested in.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    The system is flawed..
    I get the same random drops whether I am running level 6 or level 30.
    the remnant trade-in cost scales by level for the items to be purchased, but the remnant drops do not scale by level.
    So running higher level content does nothing except increase the difficulty of the challenge, there is no drop benefit.
    If you want remnants, roll up a low level self sufficient no mana bar hard/elite quest farmer and destroy stuff in the harbor.

as for trade-in purchases...
    most items are a rip off cost wise..best bet is to not buy augments or portions using remnants, its a rip off.. find the alternative sources and buy them that way..
    Save remnants for the remnant exclusive cost items you are interested in.
    It REALLY depends on how much you play and what you play. I've accumulated more remnants than I'll ever know what to do with. At this point, they just take up space. I'm sure for many people, it's the same. I've also never farmed remnants either. This is from simply running quests. Of course, I may get more than most people because I run Elite streak through Epics, while it seems from complaints from other people that most people run epics horribly over level.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    It REALLY depends on how much you play and what you play. I've accumulated more remnants than I'll ever know what to do with. At this point, they just take up space. I'm sure for many people, it's the same. I've also never farmed remnants either. This is from simply running quests. Of course, I may get more than most people because I run Elite streak through Epics, while it seems from complaints from other people that most people run epics horribly over level.
    I have found that running Heroic on Elite Bravery Streak seems to net me almost 5K per life 1 to 20 (a little less 15 to 20 on iconic)

However, I earn less than 1/4 of that on Epic if I follow the Elite Bravery Streak for Epic Levels. Now If I follow the Elite Bravery Streak minus 2 level the drops increase. For those that are confused for Heroic Elite bravery is +2 levels over base (AKA same level as the Elite version of the quest) while Epic Bravery is +4 over base (AKA +2 Levels above the Elite Level version of the quest).

What this indicates to me is that while Turbine has changed the Epic Bravery Bonus levels they did not change how this impacts the remnant drops. This is the reason why those that play in the epic levels tend to earn fewer then those that run in the Heroic levels.

Default Remnant drops from orange names seem borked for double remnants weekends

It could be random, cause its well... random.

But the last few times its been on, I've noticed a significant drop off in chests from orange named Champions during double remnant weekends.

This weekend we did a lot of LE quests and the drop rate for orange name champions was very low. Across many dozens of orange name champions, we had maybe 5 or 6 orange name chests, and we were below level for every quest. Another guildie commented on this without any prompting.

Random is random so could be just be a series of bad rolls, but its happened often enough and across enough of a sample size that I think there is something bugged specifically with orange name champs during double remnant weekends.
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

did 2 heroic tr lately (last 2 week) and got around 10k rem while in 3 month at cap i got 1k. There is something not working for epic.
    Triple Heroic & Epic completionist. Eroic : 42/42 - Epic : 36/36 - Iconic : 12/12.

Community Member changelingamuck's Avatar

Mysterious Remnants are ridiculously rare, and the rewards are astronomically overpriced. It should not take 100+ hours of farming to get 10000 mysterious remnants...but what else can be expected when the devs know nothing about playing DDO.
    I believe that they should drop in an even wider range of levels when comparing character level to quest level (just in even smaller quantities when further away from the quest level).

but what else can be expected when the devs know nothing about playing DDO.
    and then of course there's an exaggerated personal attack in the first post that I see after making the mistake of looking at the general forums. Because we wouldn't want to weaken the live-in customer complaint department atmosphere of the forums and mistake it for something like a fan community.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast