Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    Problem is character level doesn't mean in epics near what it means in heroics. In epics, most of your power is in your destinies which are not tied to character level. Level 28 in an off destiny is weaker than a level 20 in a main destiny. So...it doesn't make any sense to base things on character level.

Also there's just not near enough content at high epic levels to support that. The way it is now capped characters are cut off from remnant drops in 80%+ of epic content. It needs to be changed.

Running quests for remnants could actually be something to do at level 28 if this was changed. We currently have almost nothing to do at cap, this would atleast be some reason to stay there. At the minimum, epic elite should always drop remnants.

It's not right that a level 21 can sleep walk through epic hard lords of dust and get remnants but a level 28 running epic elite three barrel cove gets nothing. The level 28 is clearly being challenged more but gets no remnants.
    That's why it doesn't make sense to try and balance level 20 epics around level 28s. There's not enough incentive to run epics at level and many don't care about BB. The more incentives the better. As the remnant rewards get better the more people will want remnants to drop outside of the intended range. More players saying how easy the game gets but more players want less restrictions to group in epics and more reasons to widen the BB level range.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Community Member

If Remnants dropped in BB range, that would give them more flexibility than they currently have in Epics. The BB range is expanded by 1 level for level 20 epics and 2 levels for the rest, allowing you to be 4 levels over the base quest and still get Bravery Bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I disagree. I think remnants in epics should only drop in BB level range. This is just one reason to incentivize running quests at level.
    BB range for remnant drops in Epics would be better than what we have now as lower level Epics allow adjusted quest level+1 and mid - higher levels allows adjusted level +2

Pulled out an old character and did a heroic TR with him 3-4 weeks ago... Haven't really been tracking how many remnants I've picked up until I saw this thread...

He's level 14 right now, and has 1000 remnants just playing the game normally (elite bb one and done).... Drop rate seems okay to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylstrem View Post
    so if you are level 28 doing IMpossible Demands on EE, you have zero chance to get a remnant.
    Why would a level 28 be running Impossible Demands on EE?

Devs need to set it so that Remnants can drop on a EE Epic quest no matter what level your toon is.
    I'm semi-okay with this, but it just means powergamers are going to find the easiest quest to farm, and run it 1000 times (and then complain about the grind like they did with EDs and Impossible Demands)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_Ryu View Post
    Then I am consistently very lucky, as I've been getting roughly the same amount of rems per heroic quest on my two subsequent Iconic lives as I did with the heroic one. In my current life I have now completed 9 level 12&13 quests and have almost 300 more remnants.

The key aspect might be that I completed (almost) all HE quests with BB, and didn't just focus on the XP rich ones... and there were plenty of lower level quests with lots of orange named that drop remnants at exactly the same rate as the high level ones.

On the flipside, I get very little remnants at Epic levels - perhaps a couple of hundred at most from levels 20-28.
    I also have done almost every heroic quest in the game with her, at level. There's only a few she's missed, and those only because the 3rd life guildie I run with was at the wall, so we took our level. She's not yet level 20, so she has some to go, but frankly at this rate, she's never going to get there unless I go do some serious farming. If you have read some of the other posts, you'll see I am not the only one not getting them.

BTW, there seems to be a huge variability in the drops, based on one+ hour of farming yesterday (in the favorite epic farming grounds). There were three of us. Drops in that period were as follows:

Person:

1 - approx. 500 remnants
    2 - approx. 700 remnants (me)
    3 - over 1000 remnants

We had all checked our counts before we started. That's a pretty large spread from pulling remnants out of the exact same chests.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Pulled out an old character and did a heroic TR with him 3-4 weeks ago... Haven't really been tracking how many remnants I've picked up until I saw this thread...

He's level 14 right now, and has 1000 remnants just playing the game normally (elite bb one and done).... Drop rate seems okay to me.
    Its fine on heroic, but you often get none in epic.

On my groups most recent TR, we hit level 5 and had champions show up and all 3 of us were saying, "oh look, we get remnants again!" This is because by level 26 and 27 you are running a pretty wide range of quests including ones below your level, thus seeing very few remnants.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMe View Post
    1 week of afk farming. So basically 1 week of botting gets you the cloak. "All fine." So what about those who don't want to bot. What are our chances of getting a lv21 cloak within a week?

I don't like the current trend of events. The last event requires high levels farming 1 or 2 low level quests over and over again for motes to get top gear within event timeframe. This event requires botting to have a fair shot to get top gear within event timeframe. How about going back to the old event models where people can get top gear just playing normally during the event?
    This. I too have been annoyed by the last events where 'normal' players have no chance to get the best items, or a very very small chance. In both the birthday card festival and mimic festival I didn't get a single 9 or 10 card. I honestly don't see how anyone could have gotten a +5 tome playing legit in the mimic event. These events cater to dupers so the people exploiting the game once again get all the best stuff. I mean I was running a raid and was looked at like a begger asking for DW because I didn't my (duped) eternal DW potion.

Now we have these new cloaks and bracers that are virtually impossible to get for normal players. 8000?? Completely unrealistic. It's a system that 90% of the player base can't get.

I compare this to the Mabar festival where 6 of my characters got +5 tomes because I actually ran the Mabar raid and anyone could get augments or tomes if they took the time to do it. This new system is a total failure in my opinion that offers no realistic chance to get the items.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzor View Post
    Not sure 20 hours a week is a casual player.
    Hmmm....

2.8 hours a day?

Most people watch TV more per day than that.

Community Member

3-4 weeks of normal play for 1000 remnants. So 24-32 weeks for a lv21 cloak in an event that lasts only 1 week. Yeah "seems okay" (sarc).

Seriously, if we go for these prices, then make these permanent items in the remnant exchange shop. It's pointless making it 1 week turn-ins.

3-4 weeks of normal play for 1000 remnants. So 24-32 weeks for a lv21 cloak in an event that lasts only 1 week. Yeah "seems okay" (sarc).

Seriously, if we go for these prices, then make these permanent items in the remnant exchange shop. It's pointless making it 1 week turn-ins.
    Thrudh only plays 1-2 hours a day so using days or weeks to gauge anything will be quite skewed.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Thrudh only plays 1-2 hours a day so using days or weeks to gauge anything will be quite skewed.
    1-2 hrs a day is pretty normal. I played around that during the cove events and still got top end gear during the event timeframe. Events should be fun and rewarding for players. Not crazy grindfests that are unachievable for the vast majority.

It would've taken him 24-32 weeks of playing 1-2 hrs a day to get a single lv21 cape. Taking the average, that's 1.5 hrs a day for 28 weeks. To get the cape in 1 week, he'd have to play 42 hrs a day. Yeah this seems just right (sarc).
    Last edited by MightyMe; 03-27-2015 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Navox View Post
    Mysterious Remnants are ridiculously rare, and the rewards are astronomically overpriced. It should not take 100+ hours of farming to get 10000 mysterious remnants...but what else can be expected when the devs know nothing about playing DDO.
    /popcorn
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Hmmm....

2.8 hours a day?

Most people watch TV more per day than that.
    Not us, hard working people.

I find this quite fascinating that people can spend so much time everyday.. Whenever I bring this subject, there seem to be a defensive reaction.

So why are you waiting til THAT week?

Holy **** people do you spend ALL your remnants each week?

I have not bought 1 item from the store til the bracers were released. I have TR'ed numerous times since champs came out and I simply dump them in my bag bank every day. A guildy mentioned the bracers were finally released (THANX TURBINE!!!!) so I went to my bag bank and did a search for remnant and lo and behold I was sitting on just shy of 20k. I have 2 characters I TR a lot and it was an effort from those 2 toons. I don't actively farm for them but I do find myself going out of my way to check on rare named mobs now that I was skipping for years. I loot every Remnant on the ground as soon as it spawns. People can't loot within 3 minutes? Seriously? Takes me half a sec to grab several at one time.

I bought each of the bracers and still have 7k in the bank and I will hoard those until the next event.

STOP saying you have to farm 10k remnants in a week to get something as that's a load of ****. Just start saving for when the good stuff appears.

Toons - Ziffin / Hirtz / Mheka / Duskh
    Guild - High Lords of Malkier
    Server - Sarlona

Why would a level 28 be running Impossible Demands on EE?

Okay, let's change it to a level 26 that is setting up Sagas for an ETR.

Now can you answer.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sehenry03 View Post
    So why are you waiting til THAT week?

Holy **** people do you spend ALL your remnants each week?
    Congrats on missing the whole point.

First, those numbers are not mine, it's someone else's. I was just going with it to show how low it is for a 1 week event. Second, which is the more important point, if the costs are so high, why even make it a 1 week turn-in? Just make these permanent items in the remnant exchange shop. It's pointless making it 1 week turn-ins. Even then, it's OVER 1/2 a year for 1 piece of gear using those numbers.
    Last edited by MightyMe; 03-27-2015 at 04:32 PM.

Congrats on missing the whole point.

First, those numbers are not mine, it's someone else's. I was just going with it to show low it is for a 1 week event. Second, which is the more important point, if the costs are so high, why even make it a 1 week turn? Just make these permanent items in the remnant exchange shop. It's pointless making it 1 week turn-ins. Even then, it's OVER 1/2 a year for 1 piece of gear using those numbers.
    It certainly is not pointless. It makes it even more special.

And not sure where you get the 1/2 a year turn in/ Remnants started dropping in Jan or Feb? I don't remember. From when they started dropping some people have got very few and I get that...but my point is that I did not go out of my way to farm other then go after a few extra named rares...and I ended up with 20k remnants after doing about 5-6 TR's...all I did was grab what I could.

Just because YOU couldn't afford them during the week period they are out you want to say its way to hard? Sorry but that's not Turbines fault. if YOU choose to play in Epic levels above content because you are after gear/xp then fine...but you know beforehand you won't get many Remnants. Its been a well known fact that Heroic lvls drop more consistent remnants then epic lvls because people tend to be overlevel in epics. Again you knew this beforehand. Either farm HH for remnants as you can get a lot pretty fast...or just do a few TR's.

And no the WHOLE thing about the special remnant vendor is that it was SUPPOSE to change. People ASKED for it so it wouldn't get old. You have a chance to buy it now and if you miss it then hoard til the next time but stop blaming Turbine for doing EXACTLY what they said they would do.

Toons - Ziffin / Hirtz / Mheka / Duskh
    Guild - High Lords of Malkier
    Server - Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by Buffyanne View Post
    This. I too have been annoyed by the last events where 'normal' players have no chance to get the best items, or a very very small chance. In both the birthday card festival and mimic festival I didn't get a single 9 or 10 card. I honestly don't see how anyone could have gotten a +5 tome playing legit in the mimic event. These events cater to dupers so the people exploiting the game once again get all the best stuff. I mean I was running a raid and was looked at like a begger asking for DW because I didn't my (duped) eternal DW potion.

Now we have these new cloaks and bracers that are virtually impossible to get for normal players. 8000?? Completely unrealistic. It's a system that 90% of the player base can't get.

I compare this to the Mabar festival where 6 of my characters got +5 tomes because I actually ran the Mabar raid and anyone could get augments or tomes if they took the time to do it. This new system is a total failure in my opinion that offers no realistic chance to get the items.
    Remember when the healing flasks were first introduced in Crystal Cove? During the first event when it was brought out i wasn't able to make a single one, and i played Cove, as all events, a lot. Over the course of time, however, and from multiple recurring cove events, i how have one of these flasks on all 5 of the characters i play.

These rewards will be recurring. The flasks are back from the last time. The fact that the cloaks/bracers have upgrade paths is a pretty sure sign that they will be coming back.

The remnants have only been dropping a couple months, and special rewards have already appeared twice now. If they made them all super cheap and easy to acquire, they would have to keep designing new stuff to give out as rewards about every month. It probably isn't practical to expect that.

If you farm, you can get them sooner. If you don't farm, you can still get them, it just takes longer. That's pretty much in line with everything else in the game.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sehenry03 View Post
    It certainly is not pointless. It makes it even more special.
    Yeah let's make it so we can only craft greensteel items for 1 week every few months. That would make it special too. And we now have a new event to boot!

And not sure where you get the 1/2 a year turn in/
    That's because you don't bother reading before replying. Go back and read and you'll understand.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast