Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_Ryu View Post
    Whilst getting rems is hard at Epic, due to the usual 20-28 level span, I personally got 5,000 from a single Heroic 1-20 TR, doing a one-and-done of each quest with Elite streak, with no farming.

So, if I had chosen to TR from level 1 again instead of doing 2 iconic lives, I'd have been over 10k now from normal play (I'm at 7k).
    Wow, I tr'ed and only got 3,000 going from 1 to 20 doing all HE for bb.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    You're doing it wrong if you're fighting more than 4-5 ghost and a bunch of spiders to get 10-20 champion chests in a 5-7 minute run on EE. I think I was getting 1500 an hour or so farming there during mimic event. Granted having a trapper is a big bonus. I think plenty of people could have gotten 10k in a weekend in HH.
    I had very few after a couple of epic lives. Then back in heroics I would get sometimes 30-40 from one mob. Just anectdotal.

here is a good vid on how to farm the zombies by Nokowi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-v9KIE8GPc

There are lots of advantages to hitting those chests; remnants are just part of the bonus.

I like champs and remnants and in time I am sure more stuff will come up as an offering. So just save them if you don't like the current rewards.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_Ryu View Post
    Whilst getting rems is hard at Epic, due to the usual 20-28 level span, I personally got 5,000 from a single Heroic 1-20 TR, doing a one-and-done of each quest with Elite streak, with no farming.

So, if I had chosen to TR from level 1 again instead of doing 2 iconic lives, I'd have been over 10k now from normal play (I'm at 7k).
    Then you were very lucky. My level cleric, who I TR'd at the beginning of the year & just got back up to level 18, has a total of 446 remnants on her, and that includes some from before she TR'd. I have done most of the quests thru level 15 to date, at level, all on heroic elite. I have a total of 9 active toons, and have accumulated a grand total of 2,727 remnants on all of them combined. I have not turned any in, so that's my entire accumulation since they were introduced.

If I'm going to have a chance at any of those new cloaks/bracers this week, I'm going to have to go farm. Yuck. I hate farming, though I'm willing to do the grind if the reward is good enough. But this game doesn't seem to reward anything but endless grinding. The mimic festival Fresco endless grind fiasco being the best & latest example of that.

All fine, i farm champion chests while beeing afk. I get around ~12/hour. Last day i had after i got up in the morning 112 chests to loot.

i got my cloak in 1 week...and i like my new cloak..
    - new to Orien - let's have a look -

Zangesh qui Clades - Fire Sorc - Triple Completionist
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Laladi- Dagger Trapper Machine - Heroic Completionist
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Zindragh Zornbinder - Ranged, but only a hand full of lifes, more mule then active
    Aibus - Tank, but only a hand full of lifes, more mule then active

- man nannte ihn Zangesh qui Clades -

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Full_Bleed View Post
    Casual static group plays 5-10 Hours per week.

HE & EE only for streak. Usually running 3-4 Levels UNDER for challenge.

Preferred the initial, tougher version of Champions.

Spend about 30% of our time in slayers (so no champs there).

Never attempted to farm (prefer to *play* not farm).

Result: Have around 500 remnants each.

This system isn't for us.
    It's for you still. Just "oh well".

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    I had very few after a couple of epic lives. Then back in heroics I would get sometimes 30-40 from one mob. Just anectdotal.

here is a good vid on how to farm the zombies by Nokowi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-v9KIE8GPc

There are lots of advantages to hitting those chests; remnants are just part of the bonus.

I like champs and remnants and in time I am sure more stuff will come up as an offering. So just save them if you don't like the current rewards.
    Nice vid!

There are others ways of doing the same. This can be done without DDoor, disable device skill, and with out a hire for the spiders. You need search high enough for the one secret door leading to JuJus and enough jump to make from one outcropping to the other.

Equip the necklace of Mystic Eidolons and get one of the ghosts to shoot you from below till the shadow pops form the Eidolons. The shadow will drop down to fight he ghost and trigger the spiders. You can range them from the top without hire that way or dropping down then DDooring out.

Also, those little spiders are nasty. For fun hit the gold pile in the room to the right before the zombie room and then after you loot the chest in the bowels head north for the 1550 XP from the gold pile under the privy and sometimes extra chest. Don't defend and thos little buggars will kill you quick for the soul stone express back to the pub for sell and repair. Usually I skip this tho and just recall and reset.
    Last edited by Livmo; 03-26-2015 at 04:53 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zotze View Post
    All fine, i farm champion chests while beeing afk. I get around ~12/hour. Last day i had after i got up in the morning 112 chests to loot.

1 week of afk farming. So basically 1 week of botting gets you the cloak. "All fine." So what about those who don't want to bot. What are our chances of getting a lv21 cloak within a week?

I don't like the current trend of events. The last event requires high levels farming 1 or 2 low level quests over and over again for motes to get top gear within event timeframe. This event requires botting to have a fair shot to get top gear within event timeframe. How about going back to the old event models where people can get top gear just playing normally during the event?
    Last edited by MightyMe; 03-26-2015 at 07:54 PM.

Community Member legendkilleroll's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zotze View Post

Really? thats a joke

Admitting to it aswell :/

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aletys View Post
    Then you were very lucky.
    Then I am consistently very lucky, as I've been getting roughly the same amount of rems per heroic quest on my two subsequent Iconic lives as I did with the heroic one. In my current life I have now completed 9 level 12&13 quests and have almost 300 more remnants.

The key aspect might be that I completed (almost) all HE quests with BB, and didn't just focus on the XP rich ones... and there were plenty of lower level quests with lots of orange named that drop remnants at exactly the same rate as the high level ones.

On the flipside, I get very little remnants at Epic levels - perhaps a couple of hundred at most from levels 20-28.
    Last edited by Chi_Ryu; 03-26-2015 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    The drop for rems was increased back then as a bonus, https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5536973

The drop rates for rems in chests are now back to normal. Both on EH and EE you will on ocasion get a chest with 26 or some high number of rems. However, most EH champ chests will be 2 rems on EH, and the normal avg for EE, which is is 9-10 per chest.

Furthermore, when you drop down to get the chests after the JuJus fall, the spiders will pop. Please explain how you loot the fallen chests when the spiders pop and not get killed without clearing them first? They hit hard on EE. Usually 2-3 of the little buggars are champs.

I have a way to clear them without having to drop down, but I'm not gonna share that on the open forum here. As a hint the solution comes from HH itself and it's mystic.

Likewise, when you get to the JuJu area there are 3 ghosts on EE at the start of the hallway. One standing in front before you go left to get to the JuJus, one after you turn left, and the other walks back and forth between the 2. If you don't kill them out right, they will usually follow you into the JuJu room and will fall to the bottom where the spiders and chests are. Will be hard to loot with them still active down there. Sometimes they are champs and the champs can shred a player fast with arrows. And those champs may draw more ghosts. Sometimes I have to clear 5 down there on EE from up top.
    Here is a tip for you. Ghosts and skeletons apparently hate each other. As for clearing the spiders, the only guys i have now that can do this are melees, so i have to wear the spiders down with a gloaming philter until my weak twisted energy burst can take them out. Usually takes me several minutes to completely finish them off.

Every once in a while you get a champ ghost that can see you, and that's a pain. Be in shadowdancer when you do this so that you can use the improved invisibilty clicky and open doors while remaining invisible. The 100% dodge clicky can be helpful if a champ is hitting you while you are trying to open a door. The shadow phase clicky from the shadow armor can be useful too.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Practicle

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    Be in shadowdancer when you do this so that you can use the improved invisibilty clicky and open doors while remaining invisible. The 100% dodge clicky can be helpful if a champ is hitting you while you are trying to open a door. The shadow phase clicky from the shadow armor can be useful too.
    Shadowdancer is not my fav ED, but its one of the most practical IMO for harvesting. There are many quests where it comes in handy. Once I get back to 28 my next sphere is martial and I'm gonna do 3x Shadowdancer.

o-{===> Rouges <===}-o

I like how rouges uncanny dodge those stairs. Neat to watch since I'm an arty. There is a way to get quickly around the stairs without going up them if you go that route.

Community Member

I find it interesting that this is another thread about drop rates and farming. While it may not appear that way on the surface, it is fundamentally another discussion about how many of X drop and at what rate and how long is too long to be farming in order to get some reward.

The tolerance level for extended farming appears to have been exceeded. I have never thought it was a good mechanic. But what appears to be happening is that players are not engaging in the game -- that farming is not providing an incentive to play.

It does not appear to be about the loot received on turn in or the number of X needed. It appears to be almost entirely an issue of how much time it takes to reach the quantity of X required. Whether it is mats to upgrade or remnants or base items, the issue seems to be that the amount of time needed is not viewed as worth the investment.

Although the solution appears to be obvious it has yet to be discussed rationally and with serious intent.

A shame really.

Allow remnants to drop for a wider range of player levels in epic.

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    Allow remnants to drop for a wider range of player levels in epic.
    Not a bad idea. I had to tr one of my toons to get a meaningful amount of remnants since i hate the idea of farming
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    the remnants are not rare, but I do think they drop more in heroics than epics if doing it at level range. as the rewards seem to get better, im still hoping that it will be another incentive to run quests at level rather than running quests with 20-28. right now I think the rewards are overpriced. if I pool all my remnants together from all my characters I doubt I would have more than 5k. eventually players should be building them up. this topic mirrors the discussion about CoVs when they were first introduced.
    The problem with the epic level drop rate is that people are running epic quests from level 20-28.

so if you are level 28 doing IMpossible Demands on EE, you have zero chance to get a remnant.

Devs need to set it so that Remnants can drop on a EE Epic quest no matter what level your toon is.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

I agree the rewards are overpriced. 4k for the top tier bracers/cloak seems a lot more reasonable. Just by regular questing and not farming haunted halls I only have around 1k remnants. Of course I've spent a lot of time at cap recently, where most content won't drop remnants even on epic elite.

Really wish they plug the farming holes (haunted halls) and then reduce the prices. The way the prices are setup now you're basically forced to farm haunted halls if you ever want those items in a reasonable timeframe. Like I said in another thread, is that really want the devs want to encourage?

Plug the farming holes and reduce the prices. Stop encouraging farming. Stop punishing me for being level 28.

The rewards should be attainable in a regular game schedule without having to resort to mindless farming.
    Last edited by axel15810; 03-27-2015 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylstrem View Post
    The problem with the epic level drop rate is that people are running epic quests from level 20-28.

so if you are level 28 doing IMpossible Demands on EE, you have zero chance to get a remnant.

Devs need to set it so that Remnants can drop on a EE Epic quest no matter what level your toon is.
    I disagree. I think remnants in epics should only drop in BB level range. This is just one reason to incentivize running quests at level.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    I ran EE HH too. Even EH HH is good to farm remnants. Lv. 29 meaning you get plenty of chests and remnants droping on a capped toon, and the mobs are much easier to beat down (remnants / minute better, imho). But I am not in for farming remnants at all. I am in for either the TR train or looking for some rare loot. Remnants should remain something peripherical.

The more I am sad at Turbine cutting off remnants on quest levels, not on modified CRs. We have plenty of lv. 21 epic stuff that only evolves into lv. 23 EE quests not droping a single remnant on a lv. 24+ toon. Including the first two VONs (Jungle of Khyber and Haywire are lv. 22 = lv. 24 EE). And we all know how fast lv. 24 is reached, even when banking. Or lv. 25, at that. So this really is annoying.
    agreed, if the cr is above your level you should get the reminent. it's still a pain if your a level, 2 or 5 over the quest.

i farmed like 5900 since they started with probably 2k from hh. normal questing doesnt' drop enough since people are always over quest level. not enough content at end game. I run all the saga content and i'm 27 so i'm overlevel for most of it while doing it unless i find a good pug.
    Last edited by Thar; 03-27-2015 at 08:53 AM.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

I disagree. I think remnants in epics should only drop in BB level range. This is just one reason to incentivize running quests at level.
    Why is there a need to incentivize running Epic quests at level?

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Problem is character level doesn't mean in epics near what it means in heroics. In epics, most of your power is in your destinies which are not tied to character level. Level 28 in an off destiny is weaker than a level 20 in a main destiny. So...it doesn't make any sense to base things on character level.

Also there's just not near enough content at high epic levels to support that. The way it is now capped characters are cut off from remnant drops in 80%+ of epic content. It needs to be changed.

Running quests for remnants could actually be something to do at level 28 if this was changed. We currently have almost nothing to do at cap, this would atleast be some reason to stay there. At the minimum, epic elite should always drop remnants.

It's not right that a level 21 can sleep walk through epic hard lords of dust and get remnants but a level 28 running epic elite three barrel cove gets nothing. The level 28 is clearly being challenged more but gets no remnants.
    Last edited by axel15810; 03-27-2015 at 09:56 AM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast