Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Community Member

1-28 Elite streak at level all the way to cap and I'm sitting at about 1700 rems. Picked up all that I saw and opened every chest. Saw that and saw the prices and just said forget about rems. Worthless waste of time for me.

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    are you mainly doing epics or are you also doing heroics with other toons/tr lives? do you run within the 2 levels of the quest? are you running hard/elite? that is why some people might not get as many. epics seem to drop fewer then heroic and also most forget they're higher then the quest as well so they tend not to see as much too.
    I play almost exclusively on heroic(don't like epic stuffs), and almost always on Elite. It may be the level range issue that's the trouble but even then - I'm quite sure 70-80% of the time I've been doing quests - since remnants were introduced - has been within 2 levels of the quest for all my characters.

But like I said, I've just played the game as I do, without going out of my way to farm remnants. Though I have done a fair few Devil Assaults in this time too :P

3. 03-26-2015, 12:48 PM

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ddorimble View Post
    I wonder how that's supposed to work long term. If I buy the 1000 remnant one...at what point will I have the opportunity to upgrade it again? Each time they have a 'rare items' offer, are they going to bring back the previous items too so I can upgrade one I got before? Or do I have to wait a year because the next rare item offers don't include the one I bought before? Maybe they should leave it so that base items are temporary (if they want them temporary for some reason, I honestly don't know why they do) and leave upgrades always available.
    I hope they'll bring the vendor back several times a year, but who knows. The only rationale for "limited time" I see is if they think it will motivate spikes of playtime coinciding with availability. Obviously some people are willing to grind it, for my part I'll keep playing normally and let them accumulate and then see whats available/useful. These may not be the only items they introduce either, so it may be worth sitting on them for a while longer anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    2 1/2 lives on my current toon since remnants were introduced. Just rolled over 1k and I run bravery bonus through Heroic.
    S
    o dumb when a system has to be "Balanced" to account for people farmng these things in unintended ways.
    I dunno how you figure that. My toon was just around lvl 10, is currently 17, and I already have well over 1k from just that (Elites at level).
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

more party members -> more mobs -> more champs -> more remnants

and yep, seems like they drop more n in higher quantities in heroics (getting over 30 from one mob is not unusual).

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Navox View Post
    Mysterious Remnants are ridiculously rare, and the rewards are astronomically overpriced. It should not take 100+ hours of farming to get 10000 mysterious remnants...but what else can be expected when the devs know nothing about playing DDO.
    Luckily there's nothing in the rewards that I want so I only collect remnants on the offchance that something gets added that I want.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLexi View Post
    I play almost exclusively on heroic(don't like epic stuffs), and almost always on Elite. It may be the level range issue that's the trouble but even then - I'm quite sure 70-80% of the time I've been doing quests - since remnants were introduced - has been within 2 levels of the quest for all my characters.

But like I said, I've just played the game as I do, without going out of my way to farm remnants. Though I have done a fair few Devil Assaults in this time too :P
    To be clear, to get remnants from a champ the character that actually kills the champ has to be equal to or below the adjusted quest level. The levels of other party members don't matter, only the one that lands the killing blow.

So if you are running say, a level 14 quest on elite, the adjusted level is 16. Level 16 and under characters could produce remnants. If you were running it on hard, the quest level would be 15, and although you would still qualify for bravery bonus, the level 16 character would not produce remnants.

The New cloaks and bracers are very nice (lvl 7 and 14 anyway), and are not really overpriced, plus they are bta-.. Free stuff is freestuff..
    "IM-PLO-SION: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

"Some are insane, and the're in charge"
    (GoF)

Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLexi View Post

i guess now the other question is do you sometimes forget to pick up a frag or a chest dropped by them? as a few others have said i've seen people walk away from it. sometimes physics can interfere with it too.

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Luckily there's nothing in the rewards that I want so I only collect remnants on the offchance that something gets added that I want.
    maybe one day hal you might see something you want. i finally turned mine in to get a few things.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    Haunted Halls is not the easy street to remenants.

You have to fight and kill baddies to get the chests.

EH only averages 2 rems per chest. Of course, sometimes a chest will have a big bump in rems, but that is not the norm each pull. You will go insane if you try to farm rems in HH on EH and it will take along time.

If you want to get a better average of 9-10 rems per chest run it on EE. I've been doing 3x runs nightly on EE HH since mimic fest introduced and my take so far grand total is 9554 as of last night. I may have missed an evening or 2 along the way due to work. This is not a fast track to rems either. However, if you fold it into your nightly XP routine, then after some time you will build up a stack like I did. It took one month to get 9554 by doing 3x runs nightly more or less farming HH on EE.

Prior to mimics folks could use a nefarious way to dupe. People were NOT getting 10k rems from farming HH in one weekend. You have champ ghosts and spiders to fight. Not a walk in the park solo. The basic non-champ EE ghosts are CR 70.

You're doing it wrong if you're fighting more than 4-5 ghost and a bunch of spiders to get 10-20 champion chests in a 5-7 minute run on EE. I think I was getting 1500 an hour or so farming there during mimic event. Granted having a trapper is a big bonus. I think plenty of people could have gotten 10k in a weekend in HH.

Quote Originally Posted by Gauthaag View Post
    more party members -> more mobs -> more champs -> more remnants
    ^This^

Remnant collecting is very much effected by playstyle choices. Generally speaking:

• Soloing provides less than grouping.

• Staying together offers more Remnant opportunities to each group member than "divide & conquer."

• Best XP/min is poor Rem/min.

• Elite gives more than Hard.

Of course there will be some exceptions to the above, hence why I said "generally speaking." As for wether Heroic offers more than Epic, I haven't really noticed (or for that matter even tried to notice) one way or the other.

If you really want to farm them, Haunted Halls is only one option. Seigebreaker (or any other quest with infinitely respawning mobs) will give you (assuming @ level play of course) all the Rems you can stand to farm; just keep killin' & collectin' untill your eyes bleed, if you're into that sort of thing...
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Drop-rate

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    You're doing it wrong if you're fighting more than 4-5 ghost and a bunch of spiders to get 10-20 champion chests in a 5-7 minute run on EE. I think I was getting 1500 an hour or so farming there during mimic event. Granted having a trapper is a big bonus. I think plenty of people could have gotten 10k in a weekend in HH.
    The drop for rems was increased back then as a bonus, https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5536973

The drop rates for rems in chests are now back to normal. Both on EH and EE you will on ocasion get a chest with 26 or some high number of rems. However, most EH champ chests will be 2 rems on EH, and the normal avg for EE, which is is 9-10 per chest.

Furthermore, when you drop down to get the chests after the JuJus fall, the spiders will pop. Please explain how you loot the fallen chests when the spiders pop and not get killed without clearing them first? They hit hard on EE. Usually 2-3 of the little buggars are champs.

I have a way to clear them without having to drop down, but I'm not gonna share that on the open forum here. As a hint the solution comes from HH itself and it's mystic.

Likewise, when you get to the JuJu area there are 3 ghosts on EE at the start of the hallway. One standing in front before you go left to get to the JuJus, one after you turn left, and the other walks back and forth between the 2. If you don't kill them out right, they will usually follow you into the JuJu room and will fall to the bottom where the spiders and chests are. Will be hard to loot with them still active down there. Sometimes they are champs and the champs can shred a player fast with arrows. And those champs may draw more ghosts. Sometimes I have to clear 5 down there on EE from up top.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    To be clear, to get remnants from a champ the character that actually kills the champ has to be equal to or below the adjusted quest level. The levels of other party members don't matter, only the one that lands the killing blow.

So if you are running say, a level 14 quest on elite, the adjusted level is 16. Level 16 and under characters could produce remnants. If you were running it on hard, the quest level would be 15, and although you would still qualify for bravery bonus, the level 16 character would not produce remnants.
    Running a quest with adjusted level 15 on Hard with a 16 Charicter would not be elidgable for bravery bonus.

Community Member

Mysterious remnants are not ridiculously rare. It really depends on you, do you want to farm them? or aquire casually. Either way, we all know the outcome.

Just because we can kill champions doesn't mean we should all be treated like kings. You can usually get 1 - 10 remnants (100%) and 11 - 40* (slightly rare) per champs. Btw, it's not garanteed drop even after killing champions. So, it's also comes down to your luck.

Those price on items are fine, considering you can simply farm remnants. However, reward list could be better. I'm hoping something good in U25, which is in April. But so far, +2 stacking ability score potions are nice, 250 remnants (1 hour lasting). There were once eternal potions, hmm. If you don't need any of those - well then, you should save it for later.

All in all, I don't see this that ridiculous, it's really fine. We should work hard for it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    Running a quest with adjusted level 15 on Hard with a 16 Charicter would not be elidgable for bravery bonus.
    Yes it would? Base level 14 quest on hard -> adjusted level 15, and you are eligible for bravery bonus if you're not more than 2 level above the quest's base level.

/sigh. is there a potion of remnant boosting? How much you wanna bet there will be, if not yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Edit

Community Member

Level range for remnants dropping needs to be increased at epic levels, even if its only by 1 or 2 levels.

Theres so few quests that a lvl 28 can run for these, and while i realise the devs want them to be a reward for running at level, HE at level isnt really any more challenging than EH is, yet theres only 12 quests a lvl 28 can run on EH to get them, and at a much lower drop rate.

I also felt more remnants dropped on heroic, then i realised i was a lot more likely to run elite at those levels (not everyone only plays EE)

I have about 1200 remnants as it stands now mostly from epics, I'd probably have nearer 5k or more if I'd TR'd and ran heroic instead.

Casual static group plays 5-10 Hours per week.

HE & EE only for streak. Usually running 3-4 Levels UNDER for challenge.

Preferred the initial, tougher version of Champions.

Spend about 30% of our time in slayers (so no champs there).

Never attempted to farm (prefer to *play* not farm).

Result: Have around 500 remnants each.

This system isn't for us.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    i guess now the other question is do you sometimes forget to pick up a frag or a chest dropped by them? as a few others have said i've seen people walk away from it. sometimes physics can interfere with it too.
    I very likely take more care then most to pick up collectibles, treasure bags, and remnants so - that's definitely not it

I think what FestusHood described above could be it. I didn't realize that the drops were based on who lands the killing blow. I hardly ever solo. But again - the majority of my questing since the introduction of remnants, has been with a static group of friends/guildies who are usually of the same level as I.

Though I can see now why there might be a discrepancy between the number of remnants I have accumulated versus some others. It's a fairly large one, however, if others have managed 9k remnants and such. Feels quite restrictive to be honest. And I certainly won't ever get near the amount needed for the good stuff, if I just continue the way I have been: just having fun, and doing most quests at level. Not all though, since I don't give a kobold's butt about things like bravery bonus and since my guild prefers to get as many people involved in our quests/raids, rather than prioritize exp.

I understand it's just a bonus for us all, and it's appreciated. But inevitably Turbine will end up balancing the game around people having such items(eternal deathward is awesome, but forever out of reach for some of us), like in the past they seem to have expected(wrongly) that just about everyone has invis and displacement clickies - which I think is a little ridiculous - but that's a whole other thread

I feel like the amount of remnants that drop, when they do actually drop, is pretty reasonable. But the window to have them drop is probably too small if we want to get players involved in such events. And isn't that the point? Let me reiterate once more, that I'm someone who has played a fair bit these last few months, and again - mostly on Elite. Spare a thought for the newer players out there, who in all likelihood - play less, and run Elite less.

And while we're at it - can we have these remnants stack up to more than a mere 1k in our bags please? :P

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast