Thumbs up A way to make PvP better

Hi, i like to pvp with friends on wayward once in a while, but its a bit boring wen theres no one else in pvp, iv been searching these forums and there are quite a phew problems i agree with, but could be solved with just a little bit of help of admins/developers in my opinion.

1st: 10x more hp wen in pvp; in pvp, high level characters tend to 1 shot any others with theyr skills, because they are meant to be used in over 10k enemies, but having an automatic buff in pvp, that multiplies the characters pvp by 10, would surely make it easier to survive and better to pvp, even in low level characters.

2nd: make paralizing/cc/stunning spells or skills(bard for example) unable to be used in pvp, since they are extremely overpowered in pvp, specially bards.

these are the sollutions i thought off for pvp fans, i know there arent many pvp fans out there, but everyone has theyr opinions, if everyone was the same, there wouldnt be different colours~.

if anyone could give theyr opinion about these, would be apreciated, even hate opinions.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

give more hp in pvp and allow all spells and abilities to work in pvp especially stealth and invis

Beware the Sleepeater

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    give more hp in pvp and allow all spells and abilities to work in pvp especially stealth and invis
    i think allowing all damaging spells would be better then saying all spells, including capering from bard or kukan-do from monk, since those can be extremelly unfair in pvp.

i guess having stealth and invis in pvp would be fun
    Last edited by Bkillert; 03-25-2015 at 07:55 PM.

have it by lvl range, perhaps even set by the toon that enters. lvls 1-5 or 15-19 ect...
    I'm Canniths Vileone, a 3x Completionist Heroic, Iconic & Epic ("Uber Completionist"). A collector of pets, and a seeker of treasure. If you need anything, help or just want to chat, send me a tell.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Bkillert View Post
    i think allowing all damaging spells would be better then saying all spells, including capering from bard or kukan-do from monk, since those can be extremelly unfair in pvp.

i guess having stealth and invis in pvp would be fun
    Nah it would be fun to watch everyone scramble if they thought EIN was about to go off. Of course I would never see it since I don't PvP but if one thing works there everything should.

Beware the Sleepeater

.... even hate opinions.

*Chuckle* Nice try. You're in the protected zone.

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    *Chuckle* Nice try. You're in the protected zone.

Awwww, thankx

You can have fun with PvP if you go to a more private instance and only allow level 6 first life toons.

No one should be nerfed so their abilities don't work in PVP - just about every type of CC or burst DPS would have to be nerfed for this kind of request, because they are all OP considering characters don't have the same HP cushions as mobs do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    No one should be nerfed so their abilities don't work in PVP - just about every type of CC or burst DPS would have to be nerfed for this kind of request, because they are all OP considering characters don't have the same HP cushions as mobs do.
    Well there is no need for any abilities to be nerfed in my opinion, characters in pvp can actually be buffed besides the 10x hp buff i said in my first post, the buff could aswell shorten status effects in characters like paralysis slow stun etc by half or more then half since many stuns are over 30 seconds.

Hi, i like to pvp with friends on wayward once in a while, but its a bit boring wen theres no one else in pvp, iv been searching these forums and there are quite a phew problems i agree with, but could be solved with just a little bit of help of admins/developers in my opinion.

1st: 10x more hp wen in pvp; in pvp, high level characters tend to 1 shot any others with theyr skills, because they are meant to be used in over 10k enemies, but having an automatic buff in pvp, that multiplies the characters pvp by 10, would surely make it easier to survive and better to pvp, even in low level characters.

2nd: make paralizing/cc/stunning spells or skills(bard for example) unable to be used in pvp, since they are extremely overpowered in pvp, specially bards.

these are the sollutions i thought off for pvp fans, i know there arent many pvp fans out there, but everyone has theyr opinions, if everyone was the same, there wouldnt be different colours~.

if anyone could give theyr opinion about these, would be apreciated, even hate opinions.
    1 agreed more hp would be nice. Make it last a little longer.

2. Not agree. There are ways around every single method. You just have to know them. There are ways to build almost indestructible Pvp toons right now. A guildie of mine stands down there for an hour on a ftr build without even being scratched.
    Khyber IN BAD COMPANY Longand Drunkmage Sexyheals Fullforce

Quote Originally Posted by count_spicoli View Post
    1 agreed more hp would be nice. Make it last a little longer.

2. Not agree. There are ways around every single method. You just have to know them. There are ways to build almost indestructible Pvp toons right now. A guildie of mine stands down there for an hour on a ftr build without even being scratched.
    thanks for your opinion, im glad people are accepting my idea of getting more hp in pvp and having the same damage, but the second suggestion hasnt been accepted as much, and i can see why not, still its true there are lots of builds that have focused on saves more then others, so i guess it would be alright, even in pvp wen a bard capper someone, any other person in pvp could kill that same bard because i guess cappering is like the most important weapons in pvp for bards(one of the most important)

Exactly take that away from bard and what do they have? By the way there is ways around that too but can't tell all my secrets.

By the way that same ftr build my buddy has has yet to kill a mob that I have seen. He just mostly shield blocks down there. But impressive none the less to not die.

I tried PvP once. In 2007 probably. Back then PvP areas were ruled by some db playing a wizard or sorc standing in the back. Everyone was toast way before they could even approach them. I only threw myself at them a couple times before I got bored and left. I was never motivated to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamlin View Post
    I tried PvP once. In 2007 probably. Back then PvP areas were ruled by some db playing a wizard or sorc standing in the back. Everyone was toast way before they could even approach them. I only threw myself at them a couple times before I got bored and left. I was never motivated to go back.
    pretty much the same now, only with more fury AA s and shiradi casters, but that can be changed with the more hp on pvp idea i gave out, i wanted to make pvp more fun so that people wouldnt hate it so that pvp became more popular and populated, wen i started playing ddo, the first guild i joined had a dispute with another guild, fun thing it, that dispute happened in pvp, and what happened is that there was a fun huge guild vs guild war in the wayward lobster with level 15-20s and a phew low levels, there was no actual hard feelings, we all enjoyed it, pvp can be fun if everyone
    knows how to have fun imo, not just kos(kill on sight) everyone that goes to pvp.

And i started playing around 2010, so it was about the same time pales and cloaks didnt exist
    Last edited by Bkillert; 03-29-2015 at 02:14 PM.

Ya I get a kick out of it. can be fun.

18. 03-29-2015, 09:58 PM

wow... someone actually posted in the pvp section? MIND BLOWN

My opinion is of the exact opposite in pvp. You step in, and you're naked. No armor, no accesseries, no EDs. (maybe dysjunct you temporarily) You can bring your weapon, and that's it. You get spells, but all abilities last 1/20th as long. MAAAYYYBEE give the players unenchanted armor matching the type they came in with.

In addition, everyone would get around 50 extra PRR/MRR to make the rounds go slower.

Community Member

Better to just nullify the following things in the PVP:

1) Ruin and Greater Ruin
    2) Spell Absorbing Items
    3) Hurl through Hell ( this bypasses spell resistance, spell absorbing items and targets will save which is weakest save in the game )
    4) Dark Delirium
    5) Adrenaline

edit:
    please close this old thread