Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    World Designer

Default U25 Loot: First Look

Welcome to the U25 loot thread! Since the loot that is available on Lammania is still in a rough form, we wanted to give you a better idea of how the finished product will look. Everything below is subject to change as plans change and adjustments are made. Feel free to comment with any feedback or suggestions you may have.

Starting with U25 we are taking a new approach with itemization. The goal is to have fewer effects, which are more powerful, on the items which allows for a wider variety of the loot created.

At the same time we are attempting a new approach with the Mythic aspect of loot. Our new approach will have items show up with a mythic effect that will give a bonus to PRR and MRR or to Melee Power, Spell Power, and Ranged Power depending on the slot of the item. There will be a more common lower power version of the mythic effect and a rare chaser level that has a bit more power. The Mythic bonuses from each slot stack with one another. Example: You have a +2 bonus to PRR and MRR from your shield and a +1 to PRR and MRR from your necklace, you will have a total of +3 PRR and MRR.

ToEE Loot

There are two forms of loot in Temple of Elemental Evil. The first is an upgradeable system including almost all melee and ranged weapons (including handwraps) and all levels of armor and a docent. There are no thrown weapons.

The various random chests in ToEE have a chance to drop any of the weapons. Each weapon/armor drops associated with one of 4 elements (fire, cold, acid, electric). Along with that you will find different types of mushrooms in these same chests. The items can then be upgraded at the Overgrown Workbench using these mushrooms.

All items are available in the level 7 version and the level 28 version of the ToEE. All Elemental Effects match the base element of the weapon found.

Bind Status: The current plan is that the more common mushrooms will be unbound and the base level of the weapons will also be unbound. Once crafted the weapons will become BtA. If we run into issues making items craft into BtA, the base weapons would likely end up as BtA.

Fully upgraded melee weapons:

Heroic: 1.5W
    Epic: 5W
    Effects:
    • Element Vulnerability (applies a 1% vulnerability to the element that lasts 3 seconds, can be added every 2 seconds, and can stack 20 times)
    • Maiming (new level of the effect for Epic)
    • Elemental Energy Burst (new level for Epic version)
    • Elemental Area of Effect (New levels for both Heroic and Epic versions)
    • Purple Augment Slot

Fully upgraded melee casters:

Effects:
    • Elemental Spell Power Increase (new level for Epic)
    • Elemental Lore (new level for Epic)
    • Spell Penetration (new level for Epic)
    • Riposte (new level for Epic)
    • Purple Augment Slot

Fully Upgraded Ranged Weapons:

Effects:
    • Element Vulnerability
    • Crippling
    • Seeker
    • Elemental Energy Burst
    • Purple Augment Slot

Fully Upgraded Armor:

Effects:
    • Fortification
    • Elemental Absorption (new level for Epic)
    • Lesser Displacement
    • Resistance (new level for Epic)
    • Green Augment Slot

There will also be some rarer named items that can be found in the random chests throughout the dungeon. These will only drop in Mythic form. Many of the effects will have new levels for the Epic versions. These items will be BtA.

Heroic Weapons: 1.5W
    Epic Weapons: 5w

• Spine Bastard Sword - Human Bane, Phlebotomizing, Puncturing, Wounding, Purple Augment Slot
    • Frost Scimitar - Evil Outsider Bane, Good, Silver, Freezing Ice, Purple Augment Slot
    • Quarterstaff - Elemental Bane, Bodyfeeder, Paralyzing, Bewildering, Purple Augment Slot
    • Dagger - Incorporeal Bane, Ghost Touch, Greater Dispelling, Assassination, Purple Augment Slot
    • Bow - Human Bane, Improved Destruction, Maiming, Ranged Alacrity, Purple Augment Slot
    • Fire Pick - Construct Bane, adamantine, Fire Burst, Telekinetic, Purple Augment Slot
    • Spike Club - Elemental Bane, Vampirism, Hardened Spikes, Improved Destruction, Purple Augment Slot

• Horseshoe Crab Shield - Natural Armor, Exceptional Sheltering, Improved Bashing, Exceptional Seeker, Purple Augment Slot

• Golden Skull Orb - General Elemental Absorption, Energy Siphon, Insightful Spell Lore II, Purple Augment Slot, Orange Augment Slot

Possible levels of some of the new effects:

New High level of Elemental Area of Effect - 30d3 + 90
    New Low level of Elemental Area of Effect (for level 7) - 6d3 + 18

Epic Elemental Energy Burst - 6d6 on hit, critical deals an additional 4d10 x2, 6d10 x3, 8d10 x4
    Epic Maiming - x2 8d6, x3 12d6, x4 16d6

Elemental Vulnerability – Similar to Frostbite, it is a 1% vulnerability to a specific element, can stack to 20, can be applied once every 2 seconds, expires a count in 3 seconds, is unique

Elemental Spell Lore - 23%
    Elemental Spell Power – 156%

Epic Phlebotomizing - 5d8

Epic Puncturing - 3d4 constitution damage
    Epic Bone Breaking - 3d4 dexterity damage
    Epic Enfeebling - 3d4 Strength damage

Epic Wounding - 3 constitution damage
    Epic Maladroit - 3 dexterity damage

Epic Assassination +6

Specific Elemental Absorption - 35%
    Resistance - +14

ah..... in one word - awesome!

love the way this is going - want to see more.

Hopefully upgrading items does NOT change their min level.

Agree with the binding concept and hope it stays as planned.

Also hope that there are those rare unique items that occur ---- the the cursed blade etc.

Keep it up!

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

This all looks pretty good for the most part, but I find the Ranged Weapon effects to be a bit lacking. Crippling isn't all that useful since the effect rarely makes a big different in movement speeds, and Seeker is something that is much better obtained on gear. I'd rather have another damage effect on a ranged weapon.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

From a first glance, I'm kind of intrigued that you want to bring back stat damage in a serious fashion. Not the worst Idea.
    The best days are the days you don't have to wear socks or shoes.

Good sir, might i trouble you for the addition of Shield, Orb, and Rune Arm to the upgradeable item base types? Much obliged.
    Last edited by Infiltraitor; 03-19-2015 at 03:49 PM.
    Reignbeautank - Argo Server.

If you have the Reignbeau character name on Argo server and want to trade it to me, please contact me.

The main question is how these weapons stack up against Mortal Fear and how the armor stacks up against TF heavy armor.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by NoWorries View Post
    New High level of Elemental Area of Effect - 30d3 + 90
    New Low level of Elemental Area of Effect (for level 7) - 6d3 + 18
    How often will this proc? Is this like Fiery Detonation and only proc's on a Vorpal?

Wait.... "less effects" but "more powerful"? I really hope that you aren't going to have named items with single effects like what is currently available as quest rewards for the Wheloon pack. That would be... saddening.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    This all looks pretty good for the most part, but I find the Ranged Weapon effects to be a bit lacking. Crippling isn't all that useful since the effect rarely makes a big different in movement speeds, and Seeker is something that is much better obtained on gear. I'd rather have another damage effect on a ranged weapon.
    I think crippling is very useful. it reduces a mobs speed by half making it take longer to get to you.

I agree with the seeker though for epics. maybe make it enhanced seeker or just outright replace it with something else. for heroics I think the best you can get is seeker +2 at level 7 and that's on just a couple items. I don't know what this seeker is on the bow, but it cant be more than +6.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Also what will the weapon enchantment bonus be max +12 like TF?

Full inventory of garbage, for crafting things I don't need, exempt they are only things that go past level now.

Thanks for your hard work on cluttering the inventory.

Also you realize stat damage does almost nothing past level 20, since everything is resistant, fast regenerating, or straight up immune? Things are recovering form 6 shot repeating crossbow with attack speed boost and haste.

Vulnerability sounds good on paper, but in actuality it does not matter on all but most hp inflated bosses. You need to beat on something for 2 minutes to get 20% damage increase from element. This is barely noticeable on anything but sorcerer.

These are basically meh weapons with Ruby Eye of ... gem in them.

All this does is add power creep to level 7, and another tier of level 28 gear (witch barley anyone cares about, since there is nothing to do at 28).

All this for like 0% drop chance too.

Could you not fix the random drops instead?

Community Member

Will there be a Fragarach? Surely the famous sword should be there somewhere, even if hard to get.

yeah stat damage does squat in epics, but im expecting some changes s0oN T()M given past comments ive read.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Default Agreed. Total Letdown.

All of this is spot on:

Quote Originally Posted by Wh070aa View Post
    Full inventory of garbage, for crafting things I don't need, exempt they are only things that go past level now.

Also you realize stat damage does almost nothing past level 20, since everything is resistant, fast regenerating, or straight up immune? Things are recovering form 6 shot repeating crossbow with attack speed boost and haste.

Vulnerability sounds good on paper, but in actuality it does not matter on all but most hp inflated bosses. You need to beat on something for 2 minutes to get 20% damage increase from element. This is barely noticeable on anything but sorcerer.

These are basically meh weapons with Ruby Eye of ... gem in them.

All this does is add power creep to level 7, and another tier of level 28 gear (witch barley anyone cares about, since there is nothing to do at 28).

All this for like 0% drop chance too.

Could you not fix the random drops instead?
    "The sword itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with swords."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin
    Bind Status: The current plan is that the more common mushrooms will be unbound and the base level of the weapons will also be unbound. Once crafted the weapons will become BtA. If we run into issues making items craft into BtA, the base weapons would likely end up as BtA.
    FWIW, You have a precendent of an item which is Bound to Account on Equip - the Pale Green Ioun Stone.

That's what bags are for.

This has changed (slightly) as of Update 24, patch 1, by the way:
    "The chance for epic monsters to ignore ability score damage has been reduced from 90% down to 33% on Epic Hard and 50% on Epic Elite. This chance remains zero percent on Epic Casual and Epic Normal."

Not as useful as in Heroics, sure, but not as useless as before.
    Last edited by Chi_Ryu; 03-19-2015 at 04:14 PM.

I'm honest: I didn't understand much from the OP.

Fully upgraded melee casters:

Effects:
    Elemental Spell Power Increase (new level for Epic)
    Elemental Lore (new level for Epic)
    Spell Penetration (new level for Epic)
    Riposte (new level for Epic)
    Purple Augment Slot

This means that a weapon has ALL of those or just some of those effects?

Why is there Riposte on a "melee caster"?
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

So basically, swf will be king and new loot with its stacking bonused will utterly destroy current gear we have.

Wonderfull, only if drop is horribly low so that you can make epic vale and shavarath to keep us busy.
    I dont want fully upgraded weapons and armors and wahtever in 2 days

Current Fire Elemental Effects weapon would be either a:
    First Degree Burns, Wrath of Flames, Crippling Flames
    or
    Touch of Flames, Wrath of Flames, Crippling Flames

Using the First Degree Burns version or the TF weapon in order to compensate for the Vulnerability we get to compare a
    4.5[W] +12 17.50 avg on Hit, 230 avg on Crit, 152 avg AOE on Vorpal (this assumes a save was made and only does half damage)

The weapons you are proposing are (best case assuming a x4 Crit Multiplier)
    5.0[W] +x 21 avg on Hit, 100 avg on Crit, and 135 avg AOE on (Not sure yet)

Assuming a 40% crit chance (Not sure if that's possible on a x4 weapons but lets go with it) and disregarding the AOE damage sense we dont know its proc rate yet we get we get
    0.95(17.5) + 0.4(230) vs 0.95(21) + 0.4(100)
    16.625 + 92 vs 19.95 + 40
    108.625 vs 59.95

So current elemental weapons do 48.675 more damage per hit average with the known effects, the +0.5[W] can probably get 20 more after crits and MP (bit generous) so leaves us at about 28 points behind current elemental weapons, with the known data

152 on vorpals is 7.6 damage bringing the difference to ~36

135x = 36
    x = 26

So if the AOE damage is on cirt these weapons might will be better then TF elemental weapons if its on vorpal they will be behind.

The comparison vs Mortal fear is more complex but they are not enough better then Crippling flames to warrant trying to do that math.
    Last edited by Grailhawk; 03-19-2015 at 04:37 PM.

World Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Grailhawk View Post
    How often will this proc? Is this like Fiery Detonation and only proc's on a Vorpal?
    That is in fact a new level of the Fiery Detonation and the other Elemental Area of Effect effects.

As per usual I assume regular crit profiles on the main crafting bases. Can you provide any information regarding the crit profiles of the 'unique' weapons like the Dagger, Spiked Club, Staff or the Bow?
    Last edited by Tinco; 03-19-2015 at 04:45 PM.
    The best days are the days you don't have to wear socks or shoes.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast