Community Member

Default Some Quick Numbers on Remnant Drops

Kept a tally of Champion Spawns, Remnant Drops, Orange Named Champions, and Orange Champion Chests on this past life. All data was collected from level 5-20, running only Elite.

Total Non-Orange named Champions: 710
    Total Number of Remnant Drops: 312
    Chance of a Given Champion to Drop Remnants: 43.9%

Total Orange Named Champions: 110
    Total Orange Named Champion Chests: 103
    Chance of Orange Named Champions to Drop a Chest: 93.6%

Average # of Remnants Per Drop: 7.61

John_Rove --

Please accept my sincere admiration. I would never have patience to do what you do, but I am really glad you have such patience!

Just to make it clear -- none of this is intended as sarcasm.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    now compare from 20-28....
    I totaled Actual Remnant Drops last life from 20-28 while a friend tracked Heroics. The actual drop rate was not a statistically significant difference.

Thanks for the time spent tracking this. I only wish it would lead to a revamp or something by the development team.

Community Member

Did you play during the double droprate weekend? I ask because the percentage of champions dropping remnants is higher than my experience suggests.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gwonbush View Post
    Did you play during the double droprate weekend? I ask because the percentage of champions dropping remnants is higher than my experience suggests.
    No, this entire TR was after the Double Drop weekend. TR'ed on I think the 3rd of March. These were all during standard drops. I specifically remember the Double Drop weekend because it was during epic levels on my Cleric Life.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Rove View Post
    I totaled Actual Remnant Drops last life from 20-28 while a friend tracked Heroics. The actual drop rate was not a statistically significant difference.
    agree - for the first epic life - but if one ER's then the drop rate drops signifigantly because little to no motivation to run EBB.

Community Member

Another TR done. Adding numbers from this life for comparison.

This Section does not Include the bonus days, listed later.

Total Non-Miniboss Champions: 503
    Total Remnant Drops: 173
    Chance for a Non-MiniBoss Champ to Drop Remnants: 34.39%

Total MiniBoss Champions: 107
    Total Miniboss Chests: 101
    Chance for a MiniBoss to drop a chest: 94.39%

During Bonus Event:
    Champions:92
    Remnants: 65
    Chance: 70.65%

MiniBosses:16
    Chests: 13
    Chance: 81.25%

Community Member

Question Additional Thoughts/ experiences on Remnant Drops

I have been experiencing something that makes me believe that their may be a looting mechanism in place for discouraging looting. I Notice John_Rove was doing champion chests only as they occurred which means they (mini-bosses) only occur at most a couple of times an hour. I believe they may have put an anti-looting mechanism similar to what they did for the mimics and those lost motes.

Although it appears that the first champion chest drop is near 100%, this rapidly drops to closer to 20-25%. I suspect they may have an escalating percentage drop chance upon failure of drop until the next successful drop. (also like the mimic lost motes). Perhaps there is also a time factor also. There definitely is some kind of login mechanism. Thet rate seems to reset after spending a short time on another server.

I may get the energy to record my results some day , but I just spent 3 continuous hours doing quick champion chest drops so I have a fresh sense of only about 25% of champions dropping. Roughly 50 minibosses and 10 chests spawned in those three hours. this is consistent at different levels (5th level Irestone, 15th level Kobold assault) as of the U25 update. Before that, the mechanism appeared to be a continuous 70% or so chest drop for minibosses.

Has any one else been experiencing this chest drop decay / mechanism?

Retrojet