Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

I have to say, I really like the current rule set.
    In the past I have avoided Permadeath simply because the rules are too complex and restrictive.

I think today wipe shows that the challenge is definitely there with the current ruleset.
    If the ruleset is changed in the future, I might stay with the current set personally.

Community Member

Default Started a Toon

I rolled.

Seriously.

I am a female half orc wizard/paladin/monk. Wow.

Looking forward to the challenge and will try and level myself while I wait to connect with others. I don't see any from the guild on now.

The toon I have now is "Sheef" I'll watch for communication here or in my mailbox. I play primarily on weekends and almost always from 1-5 EST Sundays.

Community Member

I've rolled a male drow sorc LN no multiclass.
    Calling him Dazebot, picked up Sonic Blast, waiting in Korthos.
    Pulled 1000 exp and +1 tome of spellcraft from Daily Dice!

I probably cannot subscribe to a regular schedule. But I'm often on Wayfinder so if I see you online I'll try to team up.

Default playing times

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    anyone a night owl? I'm a late night player, this sounds like fun, but the problem I've had with playing PD in general is not having any groups to run with due to my hours.
    So far nobody has fixed playing times. We did run some over the weekend. Yesterday we rolled up some new iconics and started at lvl 15. two lordsmarch quests took us well over an hour, with multiple near PD experiences. It was very challenging (when you can't resurrect with your 2rogue/13cleric because you have to spell components, things can get scary)!

Anyway, we have players from timezones all around the globe already. We have not fixed times but eventually we might. Myself I see about 1/4 to 1/2 my ddo time being spent on this until some new content comes out. It brings lots of laughs and close calls! Hop on wayfinder roll a toon and find us!
    RTFM, DOOF, and MACHINATION on Khyber. Guild: Toy Soldiers.

Default Guild Invite sent

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    I've rolled a male drow sorc LN no multiclass.
    Calling him Dazebot, picked up Sonic Blast, waiting in Korthos.
    Pulled 1000 exp and +1 tome of spellcraft from Daily Dice!

I probably cannot subscribe to a regular schedule. But I'm often on Wayfinder so if I see you online I'll try to team up.
    No worries on times. Sent you guild invite to Dazebot. See you in game.

Quote Originally Posted by hrmn8r View Post
    I rolled.

Seriously.

I am a female half orc wizard/paladin/monk. Wow.

Looking forward to the challenge and will try and level myself while I wait to connect with others. I don't see any from the guild on now.

The toon I have now is "Sheef" I'll watch for communication here or in my mailbox. I play primarily on weekends and almost always from 1-5 EST Sundays.
    Great! See you in game, guild invite will be sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    I arrived just in time to die..lol...

Pluckey is in korthos awaiting friends.
    Hey Fawn! Guild invite sent, see you in game!

Quote Originally Posted by Astarii View Post
    I'll try it out.

-Vileone
    Great! Sent you a guild invite. See you in game!

I'de also make a few adjustments to the Rules...
    1. only allow trading if it was from a looted chess in a non-public area, including airships.
    We have not purchased a ship yet. We might not ever purchase a ship, because we have not decided if ship buffs will be allowed or not. Guild is lvl 12 right now, but I'm not sure we have enough plat between us to buy a ship! Anyway, we don't have strict rules on trading because we are all there for the same reason, the different type of challenge and we are challenging ourselves. So if someone cheats and uses the AH and trades the cool item to their guildy, they are only cheating themselves! We do not attempt to police that, let his/her conscience be the guide!

2. You can acquire bags (Ingredient, Gem, Collectable & Augment), they must be empty.
    Yes the tiny free bags are fine. No big bags from alts though. Part of the challenge is inventory management without store bought items and freebies from bank toons!

3. Insert a line after Rule 1, to see if it is an iconic. Have that optional Boolean check
    We rolled up iconics yesterday FYI. We did not wipe so they are there for future runs. The decision was made to run Iconics just to try it out. Lordsmarch lvl 13 quests on elite were very challening FYI. Granted there were only three of us, with a full party would have been modestly difficult but not so time consuming!

Basically, Rule #3, can be abused....scratch it!
    --3. You cannot trade with players other than those in your group (or guild)--
    Yes, agree that over time this would get abused. For now I don't see it as an issue as everyone is dirt poor with no resources or gear of any value!

I was reading other PD rules over the weekend, as we get more players and a solid schedule going on, we will discuss and make some changes to the rules. But basically, we really don't want to make "policing" part of the rule set. We are all part of a group of players just wanting a different challenge, and we will work on an honor system for the most part.

Community Member Ahmber_PinkFloyd's Avatar

Default Toy soldiers ..

rulez ... more or less. The new gaming experience is a blast for me. Makes the game so much better as hoping around with my known toons.
    i lost 2 of my chars. farewell to Shantee and Shantei.

Shantee was a Little dump sorc - who thought he could beat the champ shaman alone as last survivor. RIP
    Shantei was even dumper as dying in storehouse secrets with an angry mimic on her neck.

I met a lot of great new Players .... thx for that. I hope this gets a real lasting Project.

My thoughts so far:
    should we consider a Name System .... to know the Players behind the toon. for example the same surename ?
    there are Problems with guild inviting if nobody from the Officers are on. so we made a 2. guild with Name "finding toy soldiers".

Viktim PinkFloyd

Community Member

Default Enjoying this

Along with Viktim - I've had a great time with this, a nice challenge. (Nice running with you again today Vik)

One feature I've seen/heard of in other PD guilds is the idea of an heirloom item passed down to toons - that upon death one and only one item can be passed down to the newly rolled character. I love that idea,. Thoughts on that?

-H (Whoof, Sheef, Hhoof)

Community Member

Default Also

Sorry for the multiple threads but had one other thought.

What would you think about having minimum difficulty requirements based on character level?

Say any quest under character level must be played on elite (or highest difficulty character is able to open), quests at character level can be played on hard, and quests above character level can be played on normal or casual?

It seems like if we can all open any normal and run with it any time this just turns into a potential grindfest where we all safeguard our favorite toon by questing in "easy" situations, but with these rules the nervous factor should stay at least a little bit high and we'll always be required to work well together or solo with great care and trepidation. Thoughts on this?

Thanks. -H

Default Naming System

Well from now on all my toons will be RT-something. Just makes it easier.

I know TOOTH was making all TOOTH-something. Just pick some prefix or suffix and go with it. I don't see it a need to make it a "rule" though! But it is convenient.

RT

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmber_PinkFloyd View Post
    rulez ... more or less. The new gaming experience is a blast for me. Makes the game so much better as hoping around with my known toons.
    i lost 2 of my chars. farewell to Shantee and Shantei.

Shantee was a Little dump sorc - who thought he could beat the champ shaman alone as last survivor. RIP
    Shantei was even dumper as dying in storehouse secrets with an angry mimic on her neck.

I met a lot of great new Players .... thx for that. I hope this gets a real lasting Project.

My thoughts so far:
    should we consider a Name System .... to know the Players behind the toon. for example the same surename ?
    there are Problems with guild inviting if nobody from the Officers are on. so we made a 2. guild with Name "finding toy soldiers".

Viktim PinkFloyd

Default Heriloom

Along with Viktim - I've had a great time with this, a nice challenge. (Nice running with you again today Vik)

One feature I've seen/heard of in other PD guilds is the idea of an heirloom item passed down to toons - that upon death one and only one item can be passed down to the newly rolled character. I love that idea,. Thoughts on that?

-H (Whoof, Sheef, Hhoof)
    Yes, I went through a bunch of other PD rules. What I want to avoid is long list of rules! KISS (keep it simple and short) is my approach to guild rules of any kind (not just PD). So, we just left it as no shared bank stuff, and trade only with guildies (meaning ones that never died), and the dead takes with it what it has when it dies (in bank, inventory, etc.). This makes it level playing ground for new players, i.e.: when they roll a build they are on 100% even ground with the guild leader who also rolls a build the same day!

enough said

Default Minimum difficulty

Sorry for the multiple threads but had one other thought.

What would you think about having minimum difficulty requirements based on character level?

Say any quest under character level must be played on elite (or highest difficulty character is able to open), quests at character level can be played on hard, and quests above character level can be played on normal or casual?

It seems like if we can all open any normal and run with it any time this just turns into a potential grindfest where we all safeguard our favorite toon by questing in "easy" situations, but with these rules the nervous factor should stay at least a little bit high and we'll always be required to work well together or solo with great care and trepidation. Thoughts on this?

Thanks. -H
    So far we are only running elite. I mean, that's the point right?

Well since we eased up on the rules we have only been running elite.

In the beginning, we had very rough "roll" rules. Where you rolled for your first class, made your toon, THEN rolled for your next lvl class at the time of your level. This made for a high probability of a gimp'd toon. You would end up with a sorc/arti/rogue with max CHA and no INT, etc. But after bringing in several people from Khyber on a couple of runs it was obvious people hated the fact that they had to multiclass with 3 classes of complete randomness (and complete random lvl splits), with no idea how they had to spec toons stat points or feats in the early levels to make a viable build. Yes, running normal or hard for these types of toons was seen as OK.

Now that we have the option to go pure, and roll your multiclass ahead of time so you can plan, AND split your levels how you like, ELITE should be the rule. Since we changed to this system and posted rules we have only run ELITE. Again, it comes down to policing, nobody wants to police the players who run in PUGS or run solo, so its up to you. In general we will only run elite. but it is not a concrete rule. We are only challenging ourselves and if you feel casual is your speed go for it!
    Last edited by RTFM; 03-02-2015 at 07:13 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RTFM View Post
    No worries on times. Sent you guild invite to Dazebot. See you in game.
    oh well... permadeath is hard!

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

LOL...

The toons I got invitations sent to are dead as well...

Pluckey is an officer in "Looking for Toy Soldiers" kind of a stepping stone to getting into the real guild where one can die with confidence.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmber_PinkFloyd View Post
    A mere 8ish minutes after my toon died by the same mimic spawn.
    Rough place with no shrine there.

Was doing so well, then decided to help another player thru the village quickly and bo0o0om...poor chap was slightly drunk and had a bit of trouble understanding why I could not just release out.

Indeed.

poor fawn.. hey someone look how many people are playing permadeath at 12am ish CST im tempted

Default Rofl

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    oh well... permadeath is hard!
    OK, this really had me laughing to tears looking at this. That is so funny.

Now that I know about THAT issue I will only send invites from KAWKPHITE as it is not a toon that am actually playing.

That is so funny.

Yes, Xzel and I decided to run WW yesterday and wiped in part III! Rolled up a new toon but have not run yet!

Community Member Ahmber_PinkFloyd's Avatar

Default Vktim needs an invite

Hi,

ah **** under the week it seems i hardly met anyone - my time is: GMT+1
    and the pd style is not so fun alone
    (i can open only on normal so i decided to Play quests char Level +2)

at the Moment i would like to play everday da game with permadeath.

i Need an invite with my 3. char - Name is "Vktim".
    decided to not let her die till she gets old and merried.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast