Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Can we get a "green" augment of light damage?

Something worth putting on a Celestia that won't remove its DR breaking properties?

By being a green augment it won't go on other weapons and make them OP. It will just allow this unique weapon to scale up using its augment slot while keeping the function that makes it unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Future rewards may include some of the other ideas here (but probably not Soon(tm)).
    LOL I'm sorry I just had to laugh and quote it for posterity seeing a dev use the (tm) in a post in regards to you all doing something in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    people were b*tching about cove gear being too strong and seasonal on top of that, here's the answer. anyway, cove buckler might be best in slot for some builds.
    Yes sure when cove first hit & the only alternative for Epic items was the S/S/S system they may have been due to easy of acquisition in comparison.

Buckler & rune arm are the exceptions in today's game due to lack of options, most everything else is placeholder it swap gear.
    Last edited by Oxarhamar; 02-18-2015 at 08:09 PM.

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Thanks for your feedback!
    The pricing is unrealistic. Why would you pay with Remnants if you can get it for less effort when paid for with Plat on the AH?
    I don't see any unique and festival worthy things on that list.
    The special augments are not that special.
    The cloak/bracers are nice and the exception to this, would like to see more slot options.
    Even better... would like to see that as augments (the levels are fine) and would pay the 10k for that.

Xionanx

You know what, I am happy that augments from other turn ins are on this list. Personally I think ALL augments from ALL turn ins should be on this list.. then.. just turn off the other turn ins. Sure, leave them on long enough for people to use their relic/doodads/whoosits.. but make those things stop dropping and make remnants THE source for all future turn in junk.

ONE currency available to all players at all levels of play used for all turn ins..

Thats what needs to be done.

But.. while you are at it, make them "Auto Collect" and not drop on the ground and stop asking me if I want to take them out of chests..

Oh.. and make them purchasable with PP.. 1000PP = 1 remnant or some junk.

The more I have thought about this, the more I think that only cosmetic stuff should be buyable with the remnants.
    If you want to introduce gear and augments, then pop them into a quest.

We love cosmetics. It is a visible boastable achievement and fun and does not mess with power creep. Look at the success of mirror of glammering. I can't afford any cosmetics so must occassionally endure unappealing costumes.

Let's see haloes, ninja outfits, flaming heads, etc etc
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Xionanx View Post
    You know what, I am happy that augments from other turn ins are on this list. Personally I think ALL augments from ALL turn ins should be on this list.. then.. just turn off the other turn ins. Sure, leave them on long enough for people to use their relic/doodads/whoosits.. but make those things stop dropping and make remnants THE source for all future turn in junk.

ONE currency available to all players at all levels of play used for all turn ins..

Thats what needs to be done.

But.. while you are at it, make them "Auto Collect" and not drop on the ground and stop asking me if I want to take them out of chests..

Oh.. and make them purchasable with PP.. 1000PP = 1 remnant or some junk.
    You're killing all the flavor.

I'm all pro the auto-collect, not just for this but for everything that drops to the ground.

So, you're saying that the flaming crown is worth 10 mil pp?

Xionanx

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    You're killing all the flavor.

I'm all pro the auto-collect, not just for this but for everything that drops to the ground.

So, you're saying that the flaming crown is worth 10 mil pp?
    Ehh.. the PP to Remnants "cost" was just a shot in the dark.

Uber Completionist
    The Hatchery

How about a DODGE augment ?

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    The pricing is unrealistic. Why would you pay with Remnants if you can get it for less effort when paid for with Plat on the AH?
    Perhaps you don't have a lot of plat. Well, *you* might, but not everyone does.

Community Member

So it's like the augments you get from collectable turn-ins, except it doesn't take multiple lives to be able to buy a random roll.

I like the idea, but it does highlight the fact that collectable turn-ins have been FUBARed since U17. Could those get lowered too? How about evening out the type of drops received? Some items, like Silver Flame Hymnals, are pretty rare when compared to Blessed Candles, even thought they both drop from altars. Perhaps you could give all collectables a crafting purpose when you do the Cannith Crafting pass?

I love the idea, but it throws existing problems into sharp relief.

EDIT: There seem to be a few important augments missing, like Blindness/Fear Immunity. Is that intended to be here too, or is it supposed to only be available from chests and the insane random collectable roll? I'd actually be fine with it if it was chest-only, but if it's in the collectable roll, I'd like to see it available for remnants too.
    Last edited by Merlin-ator; 02-19-2015 at 12:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LFKnowledge View Post
    Someone writes a book about your favorite character in DDO. What is the title of the book?
    The Lord of the Rungs, starring Frodo Laggins.
    Quote Originally Posted by donfilibuster View Post
    There's no lag, it's D&D trying to become turn based again.

Hero
    2015 Movember Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Annyee View Post
    I don't think it would really be over powered. Compare the ToD set bonus to some of the named Augs.
    True, except set bonuses still (iirc) stack with everything else, including other set bonuses. There were a few I can recall, like one of the sets in Red Fens, that don't but others do. Maybe that has changed by now.

If the stacking rules haven't changed we'd be able to layer on a pile of set bonuses through augments without having to face the gear slot restrictions.

Augment sets do sound like a pretty cool idea though.

Community Member

I think the over all point of this feed back is goes something like this: The proposed list is garbage. There are many many better ideas.

Community Member

I really like champions without an additional reward system, that said. Most (not all) of the items can be purchased with other forms of trade. Rather then simply put forth more items with a different currency create something that has been suggested:

• truesight augment
    • dodge augment
    • heal amp augment

You could even make the heal amp and dodge exclusive.

2015 DDO Players Council MangLord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xionanx View Post
    This feature is somewhat bothersome, especially if some monster wanders in and starts attacking you while you're trying to confirm that yes, you do actually want to collect your remnants.
    Ferial *Halek *Shankwelle on Argonnessen
    Officer of The Order of the Emerald Claw

Community Member

Better ideas than the current rewards. Also a waste of resources stemming from a subsystem that should be abandoned for the poor idea that it is. Devote your time and energy to fixing things that need fixing and filling in the gaps that have been present since the beginning of the game (for example, the lack of gnomes, psionics, and illusion spells).

Please stop wasting time on this stupid champion ****.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by General_Gronker View Post
    Better ideas than the current rewards. Also a waste of resources stemming from a subsystem that should be abandoned for the poor idea that it is. Devote your time and energy to fixing things that need fixing and filling in the gaps that have been present since the beginning of the game (for example, the lack of gnomes, psionics, and illusion spells).

Please stop wasting time on this stupid champion ****.
    We have had Psionics since launch, its called Spell Points. More illusion spells would be nice and I would take Gnomes over a redundant Warlock class.

Mysterious Cloaks & Mysterious Bracers
    These are intentionally identical items. We're choosing to put out a Cloak version and a Bracers version to make it easier to mix into the puzzle that is juggling items between your equipment slots.

• Minimum Level 7: +15 Exceptional bonus to Positive Healing Amplification, +11 Competence bonus to Magical Resistance, Green Augment Slot, Yellow Augment Slot, Masterful Craftsmanship 4
    • Minimum Level 14: +30 Exceptional bonus to Positive Healing Amplification, +18 Competence bonus to Magical Resistance, Green Augment Slot, Yellow Augment Slot, Masterful Craftsmanship 4
    • Minimum Level 21: +45 Exceptional bonus to Positive Healing Amplification, +25 Competence bonus to Magical Resistance, Green Augment Slot, Yellow Augment Slot, Masterful Craftsmanship 4

Seen many of the augments in the proposed list be implemented today (Update 24 Patch 2 Release Notes) but not the Mysterious items. Is there a timeframe on these items making it to the vendor?
    Last edited by Epitome; 02-23-2015 at 01:10 PM.
    Xevlen . Jibcutter . Pipehitter . Seanconnery-
    Live Twitch Feed - Youtube Channel

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Epitome View Post
    Seen many of the augments in the proposed list be implemented today (Update 24 Patch 2 Release Notes) but not the Mysterious items. Is there a timeframe on these items making it to the vendor?
    Those are part of the new "Festival" items. So whenever they decided to do that again we'll likely see them.

Community Member

Augs for sale in the hall. Its everything we did not ask for. I really hope something good will hit live one day because its not here yet.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast