Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by horriblescarz View Post
    the claim that this is a 'double chance to drop' weekend is just silly b/c it implies that there should be more champs dropping remnants... this is not the case.
    To clarify, there should not be any more Monster Champions than previously. Rather, the chance for each monster to drop Mysterious Remnants is doubled, IF it was a Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    The evil highly-ddo-focused-household part of me thinks "well if they really loved you, they'd get you some of the double bonus points and party up!"
    well....if ddo really truly deeply loved us they would give us TRIPLE points...

because why just settle for double points when you can give that special DDO love of your life TRIPLE points...

it's like buying a zirconia or a diamond...which one do you think is going to get you a happy evening? ^^

2015 DDO Players Council MangLord's Avatar

I was playing my level 11 dwarf fighter/cleric for a few hours today, and I have to say that I was very happy to see so many champion bits drop today. It feels much more rewarding to have basically every champion drop at least one fragment.
    Ferial *Halek *Shankwelle on Argonnessen
    Officer of The Order of the Emerald Claw

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    To clarify, there should not be any more Monster Champions than previously. Rather, the chance for each monster to drop Mysterious Remnants is doubled, IF it was a Champion.

lol you do not understand.

all orange champs drop chests, i have never killed one that did not drop a chest. so where are the double drop chances there?? i know where it is with your clarification.. it is non-existent. so clearly this bonus applies only towards the yellow champs.. and from my experience with 3 runs last night the yellow champs i killed should of had 2x the chance to drop the remnants.. the truth is this bonus was not noticed and the exact opposite was happening.. of the 3 runs and uncountable yellow champs i killed i only got 3 remnant piles on the ground. 1 pile had 1 remnant, and 2 had 2 remnants. in comparison just the night prior, in 1 run i found 6 piles on the ground ranging from 3 remnants to 19 remnants. and that was a lil low compared to all the runs i have done prior to that.

so i ask once again where are these 'Bonus remnants' dropping from?? fewer mobs dropping them and fewer orange champs spawning = fewer remnants. which is completely opposite of the bonus claim.. unless you nerfed the drop rates once again and included the bonus to soften the hit which could meen fewer remnants once the event is over.

or am i missing something blatantly obvious?
    Quote Originally Posted by ianliam View Post
    ( That Awkward moment when you get in the van and realize there's no candy )

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

all orange champs drop chests, i have never killed one that did not drop a chest. so where are the double drop chances there?? i know where it is with your clarification.. it is non-existent. so clearly this bonus applies only towards the yellow champs.. and from my experience with 3 runs last night the yellow champs i killed should of had 2x the chance to drop the remnants.. the truth is this bonus was not noticed and the exact opposite was happening.. of the 3 runs and uncountable yellow champs i killed i only got 3 remnant piles on the ground. 1 pile had 1 remnant, and 2 had 2 remnants. in comparison just the night prior, in 1 run i found 6 piles on the ground ranging from 3 remnants to 19 remnants. and that was a lil low compared to all the runs i have done prior to that.

so i ask once again where are these 'Bonus remnants' dropping from?? fewer mobs dropping them and fewer orange champs spawning = fewer remnants. which is completely opposite of the bonus claim.. unless you nerfed the drop rates once again and included the bonus to soften the hit which could meen fewer remnants once the event is over.

Orange names do not always drop chests, it is very often though, I have definitely killed some at level and not gotten one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Twice the chance to drop the typical amount; the number of remnants received per chest/drop remains unchanged.

I believe you went the wrong way...I'm barely getting any remnants now. On Wednesday (before the bonus weekend) I actually had a good night of gathering remnants....since then, very sparse.
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RTFM View Post
    why not just lower the across the board bonus?
    No thanks, that's a terrible idea. If you don't have characters appropriate to the bonus, you lose out. It's a game, get over it.
    No, I think that's you.

all orange champs drop chests,
    Pretty sure that's not true.

the truth is this bonus was not noticed
    Pay closer attention then. It was noticed, they were dropping more than usual, and there were more than enough champs spawning.

How it all works? That your "experience" may not be typical? That maybe your luck just wasn't there? So yes, yes, you are. Several things in fact.

Default back to normal

now the event is over i have had 3+ days of great drops. last night i was pulling 50-75 chest per run from orange champs.. and every orange champ did drop me a chest. i came off of the weekend on ransack/stripped and noticed on monday a significant increase in the drop rate of the champ chests, i had stripped quest chests but loot was overflowing my inventory and being left in chests (renown farming is silly i was off ransack for 2 days (tue-wed) and quest chests are once again stripped so im only farming for champ chests... 50k renown until my next guild level, i will probably earn that on my next run.

it would be nice to see the drops return to how they were on the 3rd week of jan. with over 100 chests per run if the juju's by the jail were farmed.. now they are not worth the time/effort for 5 or 6 chests... (doing sterilization runs jan19-26 was worth the time/efforts especially on EE and were much fun)

ps MOAR CHAMPS PLOX
    Last edited by horriblescarz; 02-19-2015 at 12:49 PM. Reason: b/c i can
    Quote Originally Posted by ianliam View Post
    ( That Awkward moment when you get in the van and realize there's no candy )

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123