Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1200

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    Since they're not removing the old favor or moving the favor around or anything I think it might be better to just change them to "Old ToEE 1" and "Old ToEE 2" or something (in-game they're still listed as "Temple of Elemental Evil Pt. 1" and ...Pt 2.") rather than forcing them into the new quests.
    Since the old versions no longer exist, this is only meaningful for characters that already have done them in their current lives, and then only until they perform a true / iconic reincarnation (and apparently, even then only until it gets removed from the game at some future point). I'll add an alternate version below, but this alternate version will not be extended into future updates of the data files so anyone interested in maintaining that data (while the game still holds it) would need to manually copy it over subsequently.

(Alt version found to be unnecessary - main file now has both the old quests and new quests.)
    Last edited by SardaofChaos; 09-08-2022 at 08:34 PM.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

Quote Originally Posted by SardaofChaos View Post
    Since the old versions no longer exist, this is only meaningful for characters that already have done them in their current lives, and then only until they perform a true / iconic reincarnation (and apparently, even then only until it gets removed from the game at some future point). I'll add an alternate version below, but this alternate version will not be extended into future updates of the data files so anyone interested in maintaining that data (while the game still holds it) would need to manually copy it over subsequently.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e7aq4ts9rp...rsion.zip?dl=0
    Even so, having the old favor morph into the new favor is not how it works in game; IMHO they should remain separate until the quests get removed and then simply deleted in a following update. I know I will occasionally check my favor in-game against the program and if the numbers don't match I go through until I find what I forgot to add ("Oh, right, I did this raid on elite! And I ran this quest but was too busy to add it...") I'm sure I'm not the only one who does that, and simply moving the old favor into the first two quests will throw those numbers off. Plus, y'know, is just inaccurate as to how it actually works. Not everyone is on a constant TR train; some of us play multiple characters and maintain several characters at cap, so as long as this is how they're doing it in the game, I feel like it should be kept in the program as a reflection of that.

But thank you for your work in maintaining this!
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

That's a fair point. I was mainly concerned with creating a situation where an update removes quests from the list that are present in save data, which would still be the case if I were to leave the quests in and then only remove them later when the favor entries are actually removed from the game. I don't know if the program would misbehave. I will test that tonight or tomorrow as I have time, and if it doesn't seem to cause any issues, I'll make the alternate version posted the main version.

Default cool

It looks cool

Community Member

Hey, I love love love the cannith crafting program. I was wondering if it ever got updated with the new recipes from update 55ish? Unbound - Initiate, Warded, Champion, Sabotaging, and so on?
    Server: Thelanis - Characters Main: Rusttttt, Sepiaaaaa, Amethysttttt - Other Alts: Flameeeee, Siennaaaaa, Rougeeeee, Roseeeee, Wineeeee, Marigolddddd, Zaffreeeee, Wisteriaaaaa, Scarlettttt, Rufousssss, Lilaccccc, Puceeeee, Azureeeee, Orchiddddd, Sinopiaaaaa, Amaranthhhhh, Violettttt, Umberrrrr, Tawnyyyyy, And More! Literally too many for the Signature!

Community Member

I've run across a problem with the T4 Swashbuckler "Swashbuckling Style II" enhancement in the builder (v4.1). The description still shows Loud & Clear, Low Blow, Music Box, and Slap in the Face, but the Selector only shows 1 choice, which is whatever you select for the T3 "Swashbuckling Style I" enhancement.

A similar problem occurs with the Human T2 "Lesser Dragonmark" and T3 "Greater Dragonmark" - the selectors only show whatever option was chosen for T1 "Dragonmark Focus".
    Last edited by bookmarked; 10-13-2022 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpardaX View Post
    Hey, I love love love the cannith crafting program. I was wondering if it ever got updated with the new recipes from update 55ish? Unbound - Initiate, Warded, Champion, Sabotaging, and so on?
    No it hasn't. It also hasn't been updated to reflect the stat crunch iirc from a while back.

Stoner81.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    No it hasn't. It also hasn't been updated to reflect the stat crunch iirc from a while back.

Stoner81.
    Fair enough. Are these updates in the works / plans? Or is this getting left as is? Don't get me wrong, as I said, I LOVE it as is. Even at 99% accurate, it's still great and I use it every time I craft anything. I would of course love it more if it got updated, but I understand people don't always have time or energy to keep things like this up to date.

The stat crunch at least, doesn't bother me at all. It's accurate up to ML 28ish, and I feel like past that point you should probably have mostly named gear anyway, just using crafting to pick up the slack. So that part at least in my opinion is no big loss. I was just mainly hoping for the new 5 recipes because I really like being able to easily find the level cut off points for values, especially when these new recipes have 2 effects for the price of 1, and I like to get the best value for essence as it were.

Is there a way to find these values in game? Were the values used in the crafting thing gained by data mining or something? I assume they weren't just done by trial and error, making every single effect in the game at every single ML.
    Last edited by SpardaX; 10-15-2022 at 01:50 AM.
    Server: Thelanis - Characters Main: Rusttttt, Sepiaaaaa, Amethysttttt - Other Alts: Flameeeee, Siennaaaaa, Rougeeeee, Roseeeee, Wineeeee, Marigolddddd, Zaffreeeee, Wisteriaaaaa, Scarlettttt, Rufousssss, Lilaccccc, Puceeeee, Azureeeee, Orchiddddd, Sinopiaaaaa, Amaranthhhhh, Violettttt, Umberrrrr, Tawnyyyyy, And More! Literally too many for the Signature!

Quote Originally Posted by SpardaX View Post
    Fair enough. Are these updates in the works / plans? Or is this getting left as is? Don't get me wrong, as I said, I LOVE it as is. Even at 99% accurate, it's still great and I use it every time I craft anything. I would of course love it more if it got updated, but I understand people don't always have time or energy to keep things like this up to date.

The stat crunch at least, doesn't bother me at all. It's accurate up to ML 28ish, and I feel like past that point you should probably have mostly named gear anyway, just using crafting to pick up the slack. So that part at least in my opinion is no big loss. I was just mainly hoping for the new 5 recipes because I really like being able to easily find the level cut off points for values, especially when these new recipes have 2 effects for the price of 1, and I like to get the best value for essence as it were.

Is there a way to find these values in game? Were the values used in the crafting thing gained by data mining or something? I assume they weren't just done by trial and error, making every single effect in the game at every single ML.
    As far as I know nothing is planned on updating it but I can't say for certain one way or the other.

Those new effects are on the wiki ---> https://ddowiki.com/page/Update_55_n...nnith_Crafting

Stoner81.

Community Member

Default Archetypes

Are there plans to add archetypes soon?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    As far as I know nothing is planned on updating it but I can't say for certain one way or the other.

Those new effects are on the wiki ---> https://ddowiki.com/page/Update_55_n...nnith_Crafting

Stoner81.
    They're on there for the purposes of ingredient costs, but not for the purposes of saying what values. Like in the case of: Sabotaging Seeker + Deception

sure, it exists. But it doesn't tell me if I make the item ML 12, how much Seeker and Deception will that be? I guess I'll just assume / hope the values of the dual effects align with their single regular effect counterparts.

Have the wheels fallen off this wonderful package?

My god the effort to keep this updated must be huge.

Especially when they make a number of the changes they have in the last 6 months.

Edit add on:

I just want to send my thanks to everyone who has ever helped to keep it going.
    Truly thank you very much!
    Last edited by Sir_Noob; 10-27-2022 at 11:39 AM.
    After a little Tolkien I am usually up for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Noob View Post
    Have the wheels fallen off this wonderful package?

My god the effort to keep this updated must be huge.

Especially when they make a number of the changes they have in the last 6 months.

Edit add on:

I just want to send my thanks to everyone who has ever helped to keep it going.
    Truly thank you very much!

Everyone - Sorry I've disappeared - I'm still in game, but my time for updating has been severely limited over the past 4-5 months.

Yes, I'm still planning on updates - I'm was most recently working on the L32 updates, and changes for feats for that. That's where the code currently is.

Plans for the code:

• Finish updates for L32 and the feat adjustments for that - pretty much a U55 release with a lot of feat cleanups. I'll probably release this as an interim release

• For U56, there's going to be a major release
      • I'm planning on updates for the new ArchTypes, with that being mostly in the enhancement trees via exclusions (ie picking Dark Apostate excludes Radian Servant).
      • The whole mess of divine disciple will break a whole lot of the code. (I'm sure this was a coding nightmare inside DDO)
        • What I'm thinking is best is to have two trees (Divine Disciple light and Divine Disciple dark) that are NOT mutually exclusive, but have some ties between them
        • There will have to be a lot of special case exceptions for this - keeping a light core count vs a dark core count and totaling them both to 6 (i.e., 5 light cores allow only 1 dark core)

• The U57 stuff is still in flux, but the Imbue and HP pass shouldn't affect the builder much at all.

Thanks for your patience and support.

Chris
    Farog on Khyber - DDO Char Builder Lite updates -> https://github.com/ChristopherGLewis/ddo-lite-tools

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoChris View Post
    Everyone - Sorry I've disappeared - I'm still in game, but my time for updating has been severely limited over the past 4-5 months.

Yes, I'm still planning on updates - I'm was most recently working on the L32 updates, and changes for feats for that. That's where the code currently is.

Plans for the code:

• Finish updates for L32 and the feat adjustments for that - pretty much a U55 release with a lot of feat cleanups. I'll probably release this as an interim release

• For U56, there's going to be a major release
      • I'm planning on updates for the new ArchTypes, with that being mostly in the enhancement trees via exclusions (ie picking Dark Apostate excludes Radian Servant).
      • The whole mess of divine disciple will break a whole lot of the code. (I'm sure this was a coding nightmare inside DDO)
        • What I'm thinking is best is to have two trees (Divine Disciple light and Divine Disciple dark) that are NOT mutually exclusive, but have some ties between them
        • There will have to be a lot of special case exceptions for this - keeping a light core count vs a dark core count and totaling them both to 6 (i.e., 5 light cores allow only 1 dark core)

• The U57 stuff is still in flux, but the Imbue and HP pass shouldn't affect the builder much at all.

Thanks for your patience and support.

Chris
    Thanks for the status update. I know there's been a lot of changes and it can be hard to keep up with everything (as well as "real life"). Thanks for all of the work you do on this project.

If I knew anything about coding I would be happy to help, but alas... not in my skill set.

I've been "hacking" my txt files to make the builder work for some of the new Archetypes, swapping them in and out when I want to make one style of Bard or the other (for example). I have a lot all of that data typed up if you need it. I plan on spending most of my boring meetings today putting in the U57 changes.

I'll post the txt files here when I am done. With luck that can save you a little time at least.
    Sartika, Leader of The Red Scare, Cannith Server
    Alts: Noalynn - Kenzari - Vren - Kreena - and many others

Quote Originally Posted by yhelm123 View Post
    If I knew anything about coding I would be happy to help, but alas... not in my skill set.

I've been "hacking" my txt files to make the builder work for some of the new Archetypes, swapping them in and out when I want to make one style of Bard or the other (for example). I have a lot all of that data typed up if you need it. I plan on spending most of my boring meetings today putting in the U57 changes.

I'll post the txt files here when I am done. With luck that can save you a little time at least.
    Thanks! that will actually be very helpful.
    Farog on Khyber - DDO Char Builder Lite updates -> https://github.com/ChristopherGLewis/ddo-lite-tools

Updates for the Compendium files for Update 57 - Grip of the Hidden Hand

Updated the Packs and Quests txt files. Note that this zip includes all files that have been modified since the last release of the Lite Tools package, just to make it easier on anyone who has not been checking in regularly. If you already have the files from my U55 and U56 posts, you only need to take the Packs.txt and Quests.txt files from this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4wvco59yo...%2057.zip?dl=0

Alright, here is the first of it. This is taking a LONG time to go through, since I think we are a couple of updates behind and I keep running into things that do not match what is in the notes or in the live game (and sometimes the update notes do not match what is in the live game). So when in doubt, I go with what is on live.

Please note that the change log would be just too long to list here, so lets just call it "Added the U56 and U57 changes" and call it done. If I missed anything let me know... as I said, there was a LOT to fix here and I am sure I missed something. I split the class updates into non-Archetype and Archetype files.

I plan on going through all of this data at some point and cleaning up the inconsistent text on descriptions when I have more time. It's a bit all over the place and is my OCD alarms will not stop shouting at me to fix it. That will be after I get all of the Feats and Destinies updated.

More to come!

Classes (non-Archetypes) = https://jmp.sh/WW1s6O8
    Class Data for new Archetypes versions = https://jmp.sh/Wo8UB44O
    Enhancements = https://jmp.sh/7vyJlH5

Default Update 55, 56 & 57 Builder Data

Okay, I think I got it all in here now. This was a heck of a thing to play catchup on. A LOT has happened since Update 54!

A few things of note...

1. I did a lot of cleanup, and have more to go. After reading through the Help.txt doc I had a better idea of how this all works, and realized a lot of the data was not alphabetized, had Flags and things in the wrong order, called out Rank 1 or Cost 1 items when it didn't need to... those kinds of things. So I am slowly going through all of these to clean that stuff up. I still have to finish going through Enhancements.txt, but I think I have most of the other ones all finished.

2. The wiki is not a good place to get updated data for the game at the moment. It's really backlogged on updates, and a lot of the info is inconsistent. Part of that is because some of the release notes to not match what is on live (and was clearly used to update the wiki). I may have to be a contributor there next.

Whenever things weren't clear I rolled up a character or logged into one I already had to verify what it was in the live game. So everything in these txt files is as fresh and accurate as you can make them, save for Legendary stuff (since I do not have a 30+ toon right now). We'll just have to hope that stuff is accurate for now.

3. I set Completionist to "Unselectable" for now, since we really do not have any way to tell this system when it should or shouldn't give it to the player. I'm thinking it just needs a toggle at the Stats section in the beginning, but obviously I am not a programmer so someone else will have to work that out.

4.I sort of figured out a work-around for Devine Disciple for now. It's not pretty, but it works. Basically just a series of checks to see if you have already added the Core1 Light or Dark, and if you have you can either add the next Core or the matching path, or add the Core one of the other. Then it just does that over and over for all the various Light/Dark cores. I have most of the Light/Dark prereqs working with it as well in the rest of the tree, save for the "Balance" options in T4 & T5. I just couldn't figure out how to get it to check for the Core1 Light and Core1 Dark with all the combos they could be in, so I am just going to let the user figure that out for themselves.

5. I figured out how to add different cost for multiselectors within the same ability (like in Exalted Angel: Tier 3: Noble Affinity), so I went through and fixed all of them that I could find.

I think that is everything for now. As I clean up the last of the files I will just update and save over the these links. Let me know if I can help any other way!

Classes.txt - https://jmp.sh/WW1s6O8
    Classes (Archetype Versions only).txt - https://jmp.sh/Xxpxs3h8
    Destinies.txt - https://jmp.sh/uBBFAIi
    Enhancements.txt - https://jmp.sh/7vyJlH5
    Feats.txt - https://jmp.sh/Bc7DCeG
    Races.txt - https://jmp.sh/dRABiwi
    Spells.txt - https://jmp.sh/NyeQf38

Community Member

There are a few files for CharacterBuilderLite with different extensions like .RES and .vbp. Has been a few years since I last installed Lite and I don't recall what to download. Please forgive me.

Amazing and incredibly invaluable tool. If I were a programmer, I'd help.

Thanks,

infael

NM -- finally figured it out
    Last edited by infael; 01-07-2023 at 08:42 AM.

Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960 LastLast