Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1200

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoChris View Post
    I don't think *any* one person understands this calculation.
    There, fixed that for you

This whole thing is such a trainwreck. More convoluted than it needed to be with additional confusion stemming from the terminology used.

I think that you may still be missing something though. Possibly because, if I'm understanding it all correctly, there's no need for you to go through all the machinations that ssg does.

At a basal level all that you need to worry about is ap available to be spent in destiny trees. That's up to the player using the ap to enter and needn't be calculated by this app.

So, per my undertanding:

Everyone gets 12ap to start with at 20(the ones you have to turn in for your first time getting to 20)

In addition, a character can get another +3 from tomes

During the course of leveling another 40ap become available to use. I'm sorry, but I haven't marked when they add in, nor the breakdown in terms of quantity and I haven't seen it noted elsewhere either. I do know they seem to happen at multiple stages per level, similar to the way heroic ap accrue.

So at cap(30) a character with no epic past lives will have 52ap to spend amongst their destinies. If the character has tomes that award destiny ap they can have up to +3 more for a max of 55ap available.

As that character gains epic past lives it will gain more ap per the chart I posted above to a current maximum of +9. Yielding a total of 64ap to be spent at cap(30) with +3 tomes included and assuming 48+ epic past lives.

Per my understanding, all you need to do is make 52ap available for all characters with an incrementer for tomes (+0 to +3) and an additional incrementer for ap from past lives (+0 to +9)

Coding it that way should save all of us a lot of headaches.

One note
    I have heard, although I have not seen a screenshot myself, that there have been a few instances of characters ending up with 65ap at cap. I am fairly certain that if that has happened it is an error occuring within the game and can be considered anomalous and not factored into your work.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Community Member

in DDOBuilder I generate the number of APs available from 40 + destiny points from fate points (3 fate points = 1 ap)
    You get 4 ap per epic level

You get 3 fate points per claimed destiny (max 12 ap)

There are current 51 epic past lives and you game 1 fate point ap per 3 past lives (max 17 fate points = 5ap rounded down)

You get 1 ap per epic completionist feat, which can be gain a maximum of 4 times (12 epic past lives for EC) (max 4 ap)

You can have a max tome of fate +3 (max 1 ap)

You can get 2ap from destiny tomes

Which gives a max of 40 + 12 + 5 + 4 + 1 + 2 = 64 ap total
    Cannith Server: Maetrim - Once again complete
    Maetrim's DDO Character Planner: https://github.com/Maetrim/DDOBuilder/releases

Community Member

Default Is this the right place to report a bug?

Not sure if this is the right place to report a CharacterBuilderLite bug. If it is not, I'll be happy to go to the correct place, if informed.

When I select grace from the elven tree to get DEX to damage, I get a message subscript out of bounds. I can take other enhancements from that tier without getting the error.

I get the error, when making the initial selection, I'm not on the leveling guide.

Compendium pack and quest files for Update 53, Hunter and Hunted. Also includes the other feywild raid that was added at some point.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1vthksvygg...%2053.zip?dl=0

just downloaded latest version of this.

Arcane Tempest is missing from level 6 warlock spell list.
    Mass Frog is still a feat even though it was moved to PA tree.
    G'land Characters | Amastris of Thay - Leader of Crimson Lotus | Grevok The Maniacal - DC Caster Reaper/Raider
    "If I walk away from a conversation it is not because I have admitted defeat. It is because I can not properly handle your degree in stupidology." - Anonymous

Thanks for all the work on this.

Looking forward to it having Tabaxi in it.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo
    Proud member of the HighLords of Malkier

Quote Originally Posted by DNDWalter View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to report a CharacterBuilderLite bug. If it is not, I'll be happy to go to the correct place, if informed.

When I select grace from the elven tree to get DEX to damage, I get a message subscript out of bounds. I can take other enhancements from that tier without getting the error.

I get the error, when making the initial selection, I'm not on the leveling guide.
    This will be fixed in the next release.

To get around this you can remove this line in data\Enhancements.txt:

Code:
    AbilityName: Grace
    Descrip: You may use Dexterity to damage with your chosen set of weapons.}Choose one:}{- Aerenal Grace: You may use Dexterity to determine the damage you deal with Longswords, Rapiers, and Longbows.}{ Note: Overrides Bow Strength}{- Valenar Grace: You may use Dexterity to determine the damage you deal with Scimitars, Falchions, and Shortbows.
    Tier: 4
    All: Tier 4: Elven Weapon Training
    Flags: SelectorOnly
    SharedSelector: Tier 4: Elven Weapon Training
    Selector: Aerenal Grace, Valenar Grace      <--- REMOVE THIS LINE
    Farog on Khyber - DDO Char Builder Lite updates -> https://github.com/ChristopherGLewis/ddo-lite-tools

Default 4.1.0 - U54 Tabaxi

4.1.0 - U54 Tabaxi

Changes:
    Race:

• Added Tabaxi and Tabaxi Trailblazer
    • Tabaxi issues:
    • Corner is MultiSelector but only offers dodge
    • Lucky Cat may require 9 lives per release notes.

Feats:

• Added Tabaxi Feline Agility
    • Removed Mass Frog (Thanks Amastris)

Spells:

• Added Arcane Tempest to Warlock (Thanks Amastris)

Enhancements:

• Fixed issue with Grace in Elf
    • Fixed issue with Favored Enemy not recognizing selector
    • fixed issue with requirements using Ranks (AA->Soul Magic)

Destinies:

• Updates from U53.1 & U53.2

Other:

• Fixed Perm Destiny Pts not saving if no destiny points spent

Compendium Updates (1.8.0):

• Updates for U53 from SardaOfChaos
    • Fixed footer disappearing on EP Sort
    • Added Eclipse Power PL
    • Added Tabaxi/Trailblazer PL
    • Added Universal AP/Destiny Tomes

Issues:

• Destinies with Rank costs of 2/1/1 not working correctly
    • AM Enhancements SharedSelector can't pick 2/3/4/5 spells correctly - changed to use spell class & desc.
    • Siblings is not working correctly

Release info: ddo-lite-tools/releases
    Download: 2022-05-04_DDOLiteTools.zip
    Farog on Khyber - DDO Char Builder Lite updates -> https://github.com/ChristopherGLewis/ddo-lite-tools

Community Member

Default Thank You. Beautiful project.

Thank you for keeping this up. Thank You Ellis for starting it. Thank you all who have fixed the errors.

Kessler

Currently 2 hour static group on Ghallanda, and a random Sarlona

Community Member

Been a long time since I last downloaded Builder Lite. I didn't see a zip file. How do I download BuilderLite?

Quote Originally Posted by infael View Post
    Been a long time since I last downloaded Builder Lite. I didn't see a zip file. How do I download BuilderLite?
    There's a link in the original post:

Release info: ddo-lite-tools/releases
    Download: 2022-05-04_DDOLiteTools.zip

Hero
    Mmm... purple!

Thanks for all the work you and others of the team do on this project. I've been using this planner for my characters since Ellis first released it and I'm glad to see it's still getting updates more than seven years later.

Once again, amazing job and thanks for keeping this builder alive!
    Sartika, Leader of The Red Scare, Cannith Server
    Alts: Noalynn - Kenzari - Vren - Kreena - and many others

Default Shiradi Champion

I noticed that Shiradi Champion in the Destinies.txt file was the old version before they recently changed it (U54), so I updated it. Also updated the changes to the following that were also in U54 (new damage amounts)...

• Magus of the Eclipse: Chill Aura
    • Fatesinger: Mantle of Sound and Fury
    • Primal Avatar: Mantle of Nature
    • Exalted Angel: Angelic Form

I also noticed some odd junk characters in the Fatesinger section that I cleaned up while in there.

You can find the replacement file here: Destinies.txt
    Sartika, Leader of The Red Scare, Cannith Server
    Alts: Noalynn - Kenzari - Vren - Kreena - and many others

Thanks for all your hard work!

Quick Q (to any who know) - Are there any precautions needed to download the latest zip? Would hate to lose all my currently saved builds/etc. - do I need to save/copy anything, or will it automagically embrace legacy builds?

I just unzip mine to a new folder for each new version and then drop all my old builds into the new versions save file.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Chris, I want to start out by saying even if I personally am only using Compendium and don't use the CharacterBuilder in this pack, I really appreciate all the work you (and everyone else who has been contributing) have been doing on this. I'm sure there are a lot of people saving a lot of time by using these tools.

With the advent of Legendary being an actual thing, what are your thoughts on how to handle the way Compendium refers to and manipulates level 30+ quests? Currently they are treated the same as Epic quests, and the data files use Epic for the keywords related to levels and level ranges. Given that Epic quests will not give Legendary experience (if I understand correctly), I can see people wanting to be able to filter down to Legendary quests in the same way they can currently filter by only Epic quests. However, I know that would take a fair bit of work to add the entire new column and handling.

I think there is currently no technical issue with continuing to treat them as 'Epic' quests, since there are not currently any quests with both an Epic and Legendary version. I am not sure if it is a safe assumption to make that this will continue to be the case (have SSG commented on this?), but it at least is not currently an issue, so doing nothing is a valid option.

Anyways, I'm working on gathering the misc data for the compendium files for the update, and expect to have the updated files available later today.

Update 55 files are here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qktdn3fx9f...%2055.zip?dl=0

Includes all of the quests, both sagas (missing XP reward values), heroic and legendary wilderness area with explorer XP totals, and the pack itself. Also includes the legendary Saltmarsh explorer area which I missed whenever that update went out.

I have opted to mark the legendary wilderness areas for Barovia, Cogs, Feywild, Saltmarsh, and Dread as (legendary) instead of (epic), based on preliminary information from Reddit on which ones will give Legendary XP. The listed level ranges appear to have not changed (minimum is still level 20 in-game, confirmed that Saltmarsh and Dread are both listed as 20-36). The same probably should eventually be done for any sagas that are labeled Legendary in-game, but I am holding off on that pending potential changes both for the game and for Compendium itself. In both cases, this is purely a text change and does not otherwise affect how Compendium displays and sorts the information.
    Last edited by SardaofChaos; 06-26-2022 at 03:18 PM.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

Quote Originally Posted by SardaofChaos View Post
    I think there is currently no technical issue with continuing to treat them as 'Epic' quests, since there are not currently any quests with both an Epic and Legendary version. I am not sure if it is a safe assumption to make that this will continue to be the case (have SSG commented on this?), but it at least is not currently an issue, so doing nothing is a valid option.
    I think it probably *is* a safe assumption, barring a UI revamp. IMHO, if they were going to have epic and legendary, they would likely have started with MA/LOB when they added Legendary and deleted Epic.

Also, I'd like to add my appreciation to everyone keeping these programs up to date!
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Minor update to the Quests.txt Compendium data file for Update 56: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e7aq4ts9rp...%2056.zip?dl=0

Refactors the two original Temple of Elemental Evil quests into the new 7-part chain. The original two quests will remain in the data file for now with the prefix (Old), since anyone who currently has the favor from them will not lose it immediately. These entries will be removed from the data file alongside the first update after they are removed from the game. I have tested and confirmed that this will not cause any issues when updating the data files with existing saves that contain references to the old quests.

For those of you grabbing these files yourselves rather than waiting for new releases of the Lite Tools pack, please make sure you also have the files included in the Update 55 pack, as those came after the May '22 update: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qktdn3fx9f...%2055.zip?dl=0

(Redid this per LrdSlvrhand's suggestion, after confirming it would not cause potential future issues with the save files.)
    Last edited by SardaofChaos; 09-08-2022 at 08:33 PM.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

Since they're not removing the old favor or moving the favor around or anything I think it might be better to just change them to "Old ToEE 1" and "Old ToEE 2" or something (in-game they're still listed as "Temple of Elemental Evil Pt. 1" and ...Pt 2.") rather than forcing them into the new quests.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960 LastLast