Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Aha, I see the issue. The entire destiny section including twists is suppressed in output becase you don't have a complete and error-free destiny set up.
    thought as much - so yes - would be nice to be able to include (manually) those sections.

Quote Originally Posted by Grailhawk View Post
    If this is already asked and answered just ignore it but is there anyway you can add a button (far right maybe) for each skill that just maxes it at each level? e.g. I know all my toons will just max UMD each and every level regardless of how many skill points it takes.
    You can click the skill name to max ranks in that skill. See the help for that screen for more details.

It's very quick and easy to turn output on or off for each section, so it's a trivial matter in terms of development time.

The more I think about it, the more I think that enhancements and destinies should always display even when incomplete. (Unless no points are spent at all, of course.) The idea being to include an AP total with the section header which would make it clear at a glance whether it's complete or incomplete. So, like:

Enhancements (80 AP)

Destiny (24 AP)

I see no harm is giving twists their own check, so that you can still output twists even if you didn't specify anything for your destiny. (Or it has errors.)

Feats can also be included when incomplete because it's readily apparent when feats aren't specified; they show up as a blank slot in the output.

I'm thinking stats should only be displayed if complete.

For skills I'm kind of on the fence. Any thoughts on incomplete skills? I can see reasons for going either way. EDIT: Actually, I could see a way to have it both ways for skills, too. For incomplete skills I could include the second totals row for "points available", which I suppress in the output now because it's all the same values as the "points spent" row. If you see only one totals row, that means skills are complete. If you see two totals rows, you'll be able to see at a glance which levels haven't had all their points spent.

That means the default behavior would be:

Overview - must be complete (can't even go to other screen without a class split)
    Stats - must be complete
    Skills - incomplete okay, but no errors
    Feats - incomplete okay, but no errors
    Enhancements - incomplete okay, but no errors
    Destiny - incomplete okay, but no errors
    Twists - included if any twists are specified

I could also include two global checkboxes, something like "Must be complete" and "Include errors".

How does that sound? Tweaks, suggestions, improvements welcome.

Community Member

Hi,

This seems like a nice utility for the community. Thank you for providing it.

The first time I ran it, my antivirus (Avira) gave me a warning. It told me that the executable contained the program 'HEUR/APC (Cloud)', which was blocked because it was a virus or unwanted program.

I'm assuming this is a false positive. Perhaps there's something you can do about it.

Take care.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    The first time I ran it, my antivirus (Avira) gave me a warning. It told me that the executable contained the program 'HEUR/APC (Cloud)', which was blocked because it was a virus or unwanted program.

I'm assuming this is a false positive. Perhaps there's something you can do about it.
    Cannot really do much about an antivirus software's heuristics guessing that something might be an unwanted program. Well, other than going to all the trouble of setting up commercial-grade distribution systems, and even that might not help...

The appropriate thing would be to verify the executable somehow (MD5 hash maybe? Or some other cryptographic verification system) and then mark as trusted.

(Actually, any "packed" .exe will likely cause warnings nowadays.)
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of a few more DDO players.

Some updates

AbilityName: Flight
    Group: Defense
    Tier: 2
    Ranks: 3

*** Doesn't require Extra Wild Empathy

AbilityName: Critical Damage
    Group: Melee, Range
    Tier: 4
    Cost: 1
    All: Tier 3: Critical Accuracy

Cost is 1, not 2
    Farog on Khyber - DDO Char Builder Lite updates -> https://github.com/ChristopherGLewis/ddo-lite-tools

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoChris View Post
    Some updates

AbilityName: Flight
    Group: Defense
    Tier: 2

*** Doesn't require Extra Wild Empathy

AbilityName: Critical Damage
    Group: Melee, Range
    Tier: 4
    Cost: 1
    All: Tier 3: Critical Accuracy

Cost is 1, not 2
    Thanks much, updated both in the datafile. Also updated wiki entry for Flight.

Community Member

Hi,

I submitted your program to Avira and they confirmed that it was a false positive.

Below is an excerpt of the e-mail I received (with identifying information deleted).

Thanks.

---

Avira Virus Lab Response Team <noreply@avira.com>

Mar 13 (2 days ago)

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your email to Avira's virus lab.
    Tracking number: XXXXXXXX

A listing of files alongside their results can be found below:
    File ID Filename Size (Byte) Result
    28450586 CharacterBuilderLite.exe 796 KB FALSE POSITIVE

Please find a detailed report concerning each individual sample below:
    Filename Result
    CharacterBuilderLite.exe FALSE POSITIVE

The file 'CharacterBuilderLite.exe' has been determined to be 'FALSE POSITIVE'. In particular this means that this file is not malicious but a false alarm. Detection will be removed from our virus definition file (VDF) with one of the next updates.

Please note: If you have specific questions, please visit our website http://www.avira.com/en/support for further details.

Kind regards
    Avira Virus Lab

Holy ****, that's awesome. I didn't realize how simple it was, thank you so much!

Quick update, I took a break from the program this week, figuring it would give you guys time to uncover bugs. I do hope to post 0.9.4 sometime tonight -- mostly minor changes -- and then when U25 goes live and I update the rogue trees, post the official 1.0 release version.

I'm running into an export issue with an 11druid/5ranger/4fighter (taking advantage of swf/twf)

When editing the skills or feats sections, the skills / feats appear in the overview list (but only when working on that particular section. [ie. when switching from skills to feats, skills dissappear from overview and are replaced with feats])

So far I've only completed the build order > Stats > Skills > Feats sections. I haven't gone further, as this is all the data I need to export for the person requesting the build.

Here's the .bld file11-5-4.bld

Additionally, when selecting spells, it'd be nice if I could just double click, (or middle mouse, or ctrl click) on a spell and have it populate the first available spell slot.

Holy ****, that's awesome. I didn't realize how simple it was, thank you so much!

Quick update, I took a break from the program this week, figuring it would give you guys time to uncover bugs. I do hope to post 0.9.4 sometime tonight -- mostly minor changes -- and then when U25 goes live and I update the rogue trees, post the official 1.0 release version.
    Awesome!

Just remember to beware the Ides of March!

Quote Originally Posted by Munkenmo View Post
    I'm running into an export issue with an 11druid/5ranger/4fighter (taking advantage of swf/twf)

When editing the skills or feats sections, the skills / feats appear in the overview list (but only when working on that particular section. [ie. when switching from skills to feats, skills dissappear from overview and are replaced with feats])
    That's no doubt due to errors in those sections. After mulling it over for the past few days, I think my original vision of only exporting error-free and complete sections was flawed. It's unnecessarily confusing, counter-intuitive, and worst of all, it's not readily apparent what's happening when you actually generate and post your output.

To fix it once and for all, I'm redoing the output logic to output ALL sections regardless of errors or being incomplete. The only way a section won't be included in output is if that section is completely blank.

The one nod I'm adding to the previous design is to include "(Errors)" in any section header that contains errors. So, for example, if you set up your feats such that one of them is missing a prereq, the feats section header will appear as:

Feats (Errors)

Hold tight for a bit and I'll get the new version finished, tested and uploaded. Still hoping for tonight.

Additionally, when selecting spells, it'd be nice if I could just double click, (or middle mouse, or ctrl click) on a spell and have it populate the first available spell slot.
    That was part of the original design, but I found that it didn't play nice with the way I implemented dragging and dropping -- so much flashing as valid drop slots fire on and off during the double-clicks.

After analyzing how Microsoft handles it I realize that the drag operation shouldn't start until the mouse actually moves. It's possible to change the drag operations in the program to adopt that behavior, but it will be a bit of a headache. Initializing the drag the way I do now -- when the mouse is first pressed -- is easier.

All that to say I may or may not add double-click back in, but I don't plan to for 1.0.

That's no doubt due to errors in those sections. After mulling it over for the past few days, I think my original vision of only exporting error-free and complete sections was flawed. It's unnecessarily confusing, counter-intuitive, and worst of all, it's not readily apparent when you actually generate and post your output.

To fix it once and for all, I'm redoing the output logic to output ALL sections regardless of errors or being incomplete. The only way a section won't be included in output is if that section is completely blank.

The one nod I'm adding to the previous design is to include "(Errors)" in any section header that contains errors. So, for example, if you set up your feats such that one of them is missing a prereq, the feats section header will appear as:

Feats (Errors)

Hold tight for a bit and I'll get the new version finished, tested and uploaded. Still hoping for tonight.
    go-go-gadgetmobile!

That's no doubt due to errors in those sections.
    I'm fairly certain the feats section has no errors. I'm curious if it's due to the logic you've used for swf / twf.

I'm fairly certain the feats section has no errors. I'm curious if it's due to the logic you've used for swf / twf.
    Ah, yes, quite likely.

Actually, your feats aren't displaying in the output in version 0.9.3 because they are incomplete. If you include the druid wild shape feats and the ranger favored enemies, it should show up. Easiest way to find them is to click on the feat slots to filter the list for just that slot.

The program isn't showing any errors in the feat section when I add those in, so it doesn't appear to be a swf / twf issue.

The update got sidetracked last night; Sunday night TV is just too good. Hopefully today.

The update got sidetracked last night; Sunday night TV is just too good. Hopefully today.
    Just
    Keep
    Walking....

Community Member

This utility is great, keep up the good work!

Actually, your feats aren't displaying in the output in version 0.9.3 because they are incomplete. If you include the druid wild shape feats and the ranger favored enemies, it should show up. Easiest way to find them is to click on the feat slots to filter the list for just that slot..
    Oh I didn't realise that would stop feats from displaying. I've got to admit, I'd much prefer it if completing a section wasn't required.

Some choices are subjective and I'd prefer to leave people to make those decisions for themselves. Skills, favored enemies, spells are good examples where personal choice can be a deciding factor.

I'd like to be able to use it to output a basic skill outline (eg. with umd and heal), basic feats (eg not taking favored enemies) and basic spells. Leaving the end user a good guide line but not a fully completed build.
    Last edited by Munkenmo; 03-16-2015 at 05:06 PM.

Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast