Thread: Insane Lag

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Default Insane Lag

So I guess the server needs a reset or something... Since yesterday I've been getting insane amounts of lag, only on Khyber.
    Literally I get stuck on loading screen exiting Cannith Crafting House into House K, have to restart client.
    Walk to Marketplace Gate, attempt to zone, have to restart client.
    Walk to House D Gate in marketplace, try to zone, stuck on loading screen, have to restart client.

This is on top of the usual 2-3 min lag spikes inside of missions.

I haven't been having any lag on Ghallanda, it seems to be localised to Khyber.

I know lag issues are nothing new, and I probably shouldn't have started a new thread, I just needed to say something because I feel that its gotten worse since Thursday night or Friday morning.

I'm wondering if some people are testing Severlin's comment about airship loading being a possible cause of lag. The spike seems to have started shortly after he mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard View Post
    I'm wondering if some people are testing Severlin's comment about airship loading being a possible cause of lag. The spike seems to have started shortly after he mentioned it.
    people can be so mean sometimes
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Community Member

aaaand stuck now for about 5 mins, no movement or loading of any sort.

Guess it's time to take a break from DDO.
    Khyber: Nimrud (main), Tadko (tank), Yayamee (monk), Healingonly (melee FvS), Almeya (trapper), Groggor (barb), Feneya (archer), Zornix (archer) and some others
    Hardcore season 1: AveDarkLord (favor leaderboards)
    Hardcore season 5: Dont Wanna Die (favor leaderboards)

Community Member

It's the airship instance lag again - so it probably won't be fixed until Monday. Once more the number of instances of Daedalean Kraken airships is climbing (at least 84 ATM).
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Quote Originally Posted by cronusdeathspell View Post
    So I guess the server needs a reset or something... Since yesterday I've been getting insane amounts of lag, only on Khyber.
    Literally I get stuck on loading screen exiting Cannith Crafting House into House K, have to restart client.
    Walk to House D Gate in marketplace, try to zone, stuck on loading screen, have to restart client.

I know lag issues are nothing new, and I probably shouldn't have started a new thread, I just needed to say something because I feel that its gotten worse since Thursday night or Friday morning.
    Its been lagging and lag spiking every now and then pretty badly.
    Also please, please, please don't use word reset for restart or reboot. They are 2 different words, with 2 radically different meanings, witch lead to a lot of problems when mistaken.

Community Member

Default reset recycle restart who cares

as log as it works
    yeah right

This is a whole different kind of lag than what's been going down in the last month. It almost feels like, from time to time, the Khyber server just ups and DCs for a bit.
    Alesthane - Chorwynt - Glyndwyr - Hasta - Azzad - Chereneko - Threesee - Ziggystar - Pfipher - Zaathras - MajorisUrsa - Eichenauer - Cherneko - Kwayzaar - Gweirwyn - RedArray - Arbengwr - Aryett - Bhokz - Escobhaul - Formerprez - Maarkenward - MacDoel - MacIntyre - Ritterstan = Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by cronusdeathspell View Post

Same here my fellow NY'er, same here.
    DIRTYONE/BARBARIAN-APACHE/FS -APACHEKID/RANGER/FIGHTER -TRUEGOD/WARLOCK - POWWOW/FIGHTER- INDIO/PALI-TUKO/BARBARIAN -REDHOOK/BARD - GUISEPPI/RANGER -SHORTYROCK/ROGUE/RANGER/BARB- DIRTYHO/MONK--DIRTYBLADE/PALI
    2006/VIP BROOKLYN N.Y.

Called it
    Alesthane - Chorwynt - Glyndwyr - Hasta - Azzad - Chereneko - Threesee - Ziggystar - Pfipher - Zaathras - MajorisUrsa - Eichenauer - Cherneko - Kwayzaar - Gweirwyn - RedArray - Arbengwr - Aryett - Bhokz - Escobhaul - Formerprez - Maarkenward - MacDoel - MacIntyre - Ritterstan = Khyber