Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Has anybody had any luck jumping from the top of the Leaky Dinghy for the purple coin?

I got jump skill of 40+, leap of faith, and run speed of 40 (from guild buff). Not sure what else I can do. Every time I try, I just miss it.

Yay! Glad to have the Festival back. For those who don't have (nor want to buy) skates, there are the Boathouse jump, the Mast jump, the Leaky Dinghy jump (needs wings or Cboots), and another jump for which I don't have a name. The fire and ice resists come from Midwinter, so you either want skates, or you can spend plat on the AH.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AMADHA View Post
    Aside from Turbine does anyone really like this event? Are players clamoring for its return? Because I don't get the hype. Played it once, hated it. Still do. My toon sucked at Mabar but at least you felt like something was happening but the competition to kill was a bit of a pain. Move toward a spawn and some high level MU blows them away first... sigh.

BTW read the ski jump walk through, need gear, do this, then do that, repeat until you're bored but can finally do it. Very exciting stuff... Oh and then trade trade stuff to get stuff... oops not enough stuff for something you actually want... repeat. Lame.
    I dislike it too. Find the rewards lacking and the event itself is boring. I can't wait for it to be over so the lag is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkoorex View Post
    Has anybody had any luck jumping from the top of the Leaky Dinghy for the purple coin?

I got jump skill of 40+, leap of faith, and run speed of 40 (from guild buff). Not sure what else I can do. Every time I try, I just miss it.
    That was an old exploit that was fixed AFAIK. Plus, for me, it is not in the spirit of the event.
    You can farm blue coins, anyway, in Zawabi's Revenge. See my sig link for details.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkoorex View Post

Run the 5 minute Cannith Crafting challenge to get the pendant of travel if you don't have the Phiarlain pendant of time. Makes all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    That was an old exploit that was fixed AFAIK. Plus, for me, it is not in the spirit of the event.
    You can farm blue coins, anyway, in Zawabi's Revenge. See my sig link for details.
    It was not. They just lowered the coin a couple of feet to make it harder to double dip from the ramps by zoning mid-flight and simultaneously made it easier from the top of the pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Epitome View Post
    WARNING:
    DO NOT CREATE A CUSTOM COSMETIC FOR THE PURPOSE OF MIDWINTER RECIPES - IT IS NOT POSSIBLE!
    I have found this hard way too - wasted my Red dragon shard and some tp. I was exited first for this event to come back with Mirror of Glamering around , bur now i dont see any point in this event .. is this WAI ? And if not i guess i will have to wait another year for its return ... meh ..
    Also sorry for little necro

Community Member

How long will the crafting altars stay after the Festival is finished?

And, I'm also very disappointed that crafting Glamered outfits is not possible

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The Risia Ice Games and Midwinter Festival are now available in-game! Click here for our guide to the event. Runs now through February 15th.
    Are the games actually cutting off on the 15th, or running thru Monday? (16th & holiday)

edit @ Mal: In the past, once the games end the NPC and altar go away with them since they're kinda built-in.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 02-13-2015 at 02:35 PM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Community Manager

Just a reminder that this is the final weekend of the Risia Ice Games and Midwinter Festival! The events will be shut off on Tuesday morning, Eastern time.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Just a reminder that this is the final weekend of the Risia Ice Games and Midwinter Festival! The events will be shut off on Tuesday morning, Eastern time.
    What good news this Friday the 13th - a Friday. We get another day!

Thank you kindly... here's hoping that you and the Turbine team can FIND your building by then. :]

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by alancarp View Post
    Thank you kindly... here's hoping that you and the Turbine team can FIND your building by then. :]
    Indeed. (Lots of snow possible.)
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

The Kobold Konsortium is please to announce the latest rush shipment of Control Weather Wands have arrived and are will be promptly distributed to our member Shamen to be used ad hoc ergo, promptus hoc as they see fit. Thankfully many are still enjoying Fresh Rat Tonight being roasted on the new snow mountain formerly known as Turbine World HQ.
    Last edited by UurlockYgmeov; 02-13-2015 at 04:03 PM. Reason: my kobold powered spell checker is on Union Break and his lunch box turned out to be a mimic. Kobold enjoying old rat instead

Community Member

You guys must have run into a Champion Jack Frost!
    Gamblorjb (heroic TR 29 of ??) (iconic 12 of 12) (epic 15 of ??) -- Vandric -- Zorionx -- Smokeurarse

Proud member of Ministry of Destruction on Thelanis

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123