Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
    Community Member

What would you do for Healbot? It is mentioned in the new OP that this is not a pure Healbot?

Is it just changing out of Fury and into another Destiny? Seems just dropping DPS for PRR and MRR or adding shields for more is the way to go. With one of my Characters with some Pally I might just add this also. Any links to good Healbot builds on here or tank Cleric Pally mixes?

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball241 View Post
    What would you do for Healbot? It is mentioned in the new OP that this is not a pure Healbot?

Is it just changing out of Fury and into another Destiny? Seems just dropping DPS for PRR and MRR or adding shields for more is the way to go. With one of my Characters with some Pally I might just add this also. Any links to good Healbot builds on here or tank Cleric Pally mixes?
    Depends on what you mean by healbot. If you mean you don't want any DPS then I'd do a completely different build focusing on healing and survivability. So I'd not take THF line, improve crit, power attack, etc. and I'd take the shield mastery feats and make a few other feat changes. Very different concept from this build though.

If by healbot you mean you want to have some THF melee DPS but just tilt more in the healbot direction then yes, you could drop FoTW and atleast some of Shadowdancer and focus instead on Angel and Sentinel. Or maybe even Crusader if you want the mass res for raids.

Though if you want all out zero DPS healbot I'd build a FVS instead. They are just better healers atm IMO mostly because of healing wall and more SP.

Hey Axel! What's your experience with the "Into the Fray" enhancement? (Sentinel T3).
    How effective is it? Do you swear by it, or is it just something you decided to put the remaining destiny points into?

I'm trying to build a tanky melee artificer, and there isn't that much useful stuff in Sentinel if you don't have a shield.
    So this enhancement has caught my attention, but I couldn't find any meaningful assessments of it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    Depends on what you mean by healbot. If you mean you don't want any DPS then I'd do a completely different build focusing on healing and survivability. So I'd not take THF line, improve crit, power attack, etc. and I'd take the shield mastery feats and make a few other feat changes. Very different concept from this build though.

If by healbot you mean you want to have some THF melee DPS but just tilt more in the healbot direction then yes, you could drop FoTW and atleast some of Shadowdancer and focus instead on Angel and Sentinel. Or maybe even Crusader if you want the mass res for raids.

Though if you want all out zero DPS healbot I'd build a FVS instead. They are just better healers atm IMO mostly because of healing wall and more SP.
    I have a Lvl29 PK Cleric 20 as this build struggling in Reaper 4. I think my PRR and MRR is just to low. My gear sucks as a returning player. I can barely learn the quests at the pace Reaper is at. Everything is Zerg unless I solo. It is so much easier now to revamp a character since ED are layout like regular enhancements. Amazing there are no class requirements. Cheap to respect. I have yet to get Reaper enhancements.

I read what you said about EA, but also read how hard the OP build is to play, so sacrificing US and some Fury for EA at least for now at lvl 29. The EA Aura at over 400 a tick is so much better than Radiant Aura at 90. I almost wonder if I can add DPS with Heroic enhancements and lose the RS Aura, but more healing is always better. I don't know what your RSb Aura is at, but I am sure it is much higher than mine with gear.

I have T4 Fury, but took Blouders Might for solo melee to one hit a boss. BM and Adrenaline have cool downs, but are unlimited. It is a lot of DPS already. It just seems to be enough. Haste has limited chargers. Sacrificed the Fury Mantle and Sense weakness for EA aura. Lose some synergy for helpless, but just seems easier to play. Gives some cheaper heals and the EA Aura is simply a little more help to survive. I have yet to try it out if it will help. So I am at Fury T4. EA T3 and Shadow T3. Only level 29 and plan on taking it to Fury T5 if I can find the points. If not it may be easy to play, but sacrifice Fury T5 I guess.

This started as a way to save my Human Lvl28 CLR15/PAL4/FTR1 with the extra mass heal SLA from EA, but I am thinking it might be easier to survive Reaper till I get my gear up. I got him up to T4 SD barely, so I am making use of Pal4, but Clr17/Pal3 is better. If I had a lLR+1 I would have used ,it, but all I have is 2LRs and a LR+5. I re did him with LR and got the War Domains at least. I will have fun with the splash of Pally, but already seems like too many clickies, but it is Human and Falchion based, so the critical hits have a little extra range for Exalted Smites when the BM and Adrenaline are on cool down. The exalted Cleaves might be able to save the Haste boost for Boss fights. We will see how R4 or less goes, but I have no control if they go R10. Just along for the ride usually in Reaper and trying to be useful.

And the only way to get the gear up is to survive and make it to the chest as the Reaper groups zerg through R4 quests. Angelic Charge might help me escape the Reapers lol

Thanks for the help figuring this out. And I posted this for the more casual players who had your old build with Pally splash laying around and probably can't handle the Max Min due to gear and or laziness. lol

P.S. to the Devs. Falconry is great, but the bird can't die doing it? Lol

Update...

PK CLR20 WIS Mauls. vs. Human CLR15/PAL4/FTR1 STR Falchions

I still miss some chest cause R4 is a Zergfeast. The EA Wings help me keep up. Where is All this Reaper Gear? I pulled a sheltering item. Yay! I have yet to Reaper Raid.

Ran some R4 with the Pally splash. A little less squishy with the Pally saving throws. His Falchion Vorpal is 11k compared to the PK at 12k Still testing. Regular Crit Hits are 500 to 700 for the both if I buff dps and divine might the Pally The heals and Auras take a hit in Reaper and make solo easier. I can't Adrenaline with the Epic Strike heal from EA, but I probably should not be pulling any agro with Adrenaline in Reaper anyway lol.

The EA Aura and Pally cleave helps with crowd control in solo. Some R4 also if I am careful. It subs for Falconry I guess.
    The Smites help when out of Haste, and with BM cooldowns, but Divine Crusader seems like too much with 14 smites. Might move that to Shadow for more defense and Ddoor. Like Axel recommends in The Quote. I have to stop normal attacks to Adrenaline and BM , but the PK averages 7k and the Human 6k.

I know this digresses from the current OP, but I thought it might help those with the old Pally splash builds that are previous OPs. My first Character was a Pally. He sits at lvl16. I don't TR, so this is a little taste of Pally on the Human Cleric build. Since I have a pure PK Cleric I don't plan on going pure with the Human at this point, but we will see how it goes with R4+ and Raids.

I don't think I can give up EA for the Aura and Angelic Charge Wings for the PK pure or the Human. It just speeds up the game. Between Horsey and Wings I can keep up. I just like EA too much compared to US. Healing Pillar still heals a lot in Reaper. It saves others from dying and embarrassing myself as a Cleric. Lol

The Ravenloft entrance in House J to the Blood Tavern quick travel combined using the Transporter in house J along with Horses and EA Wings make travel easier now. The Epic weapons from Into the Mist are easy for Reaper weapon's at lvl 29. As a returning player the game is faster now. Thumbs up to the Devs there.
    Last edited by Fireball241; 02-20-2023 at 11:51 PM.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by magaiti View Post
    Hey Axel! What's your experience with the "Into the Fray" enhancement? (Sentinel T3).
    How effective is it? Do you swear by it, or is it just something you decided to put the remaining destiny points into?

I'm trying to build a tanky melee artificer, and there isn't that much useful stuff in Sentinel if you don't have a shield.
    So this enhancement has caught my attention, but I couldn't find any meaningful assessments of it.

It's pretty good. 25 PRR and +6 damage for 5 seconds will pretty much cover the entirety of most encounters. PRR is really important for melees at higher difficulties. It's a nice defensive boost. I wouldn't call it mandatory or anything, but it's quite good IMO.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

I have a Lvl29 PK Cleric 20 as this build struggling in Reaper 4. I think my PRR and MRR is just to low. My gear sucks as a returning player. I can barely learn the quests at the pace Reaper is at. Everything is Zerg unless I solo. It is so much easier now to revamp a character since ED are layout like regular enhancements. Amazing there are no class requirements. Cheap to respect. I have yet to get Reaper enhancements.

I read what you said about EA, but also read how hard the OP build is to play, so sacrificing US and some Fury for EA at least for now at lvl 29. The EA Aura at over 400 a tick is so much better than Radiant Aura at 90. I almost wonder if I can add DPS with Heroic enhancements and lose the RS Aura, but more healing is always better. I don't know what your RSb Aura is at, but I am sure it is much higher than mine with gear.

I have T4 Fury, but took Blouders Might for solo melee to one hit a boss. BM and Adrenaline have cool downs, but are unlimited. It is a lot of DPS already. It just seems to be enough. Haste has limited chargers. Sacrificed the Fury Mantle and Sense weakness for EA aura. Lose some synergy for helpless, but just seems easier to play. Gives some cheaper heals and the EA Aura is simply a little more help to survive. I have yet to try it out if it will help. So I am at Fury T4. EA T3 and Shadow T3. Only level 29 and plan on taking it to Fury T5 if I can find the points. If not it may be easy to play, but sacrifice Fury T5 I guess.

This started as a way to save my Human Lvl28 CLR15/PAL4/FTR1 with the extra mass heal SLA from EA, but I am thinking it might be easier to survive Reaper till I get my gear up. I got him up to T4 SD barely, so I am making use of Pal4, but Clr17/Pal3 is better. If I had a lLR+1 I would have used ,it, but all I have is 2LRs and a LR+5. I re did him with LR and got the War Domains at least. I will have fun with the splash of Pally, but already seems like too many clickies, but it is Human and Falchion based, so the critical hits have a little extra range for Exalted Smites when the BM and Adrenaline are on cool down. The exalted Cleaves might be able to save the Haste boost for Boss fights. We will see how R4 or less goes, but I have no control if they go R10. Just along for the ride usually in Reaper and trying to be useful.

And the only way to get the gear up is to survive and make it to the chest as the Reaper groups zerg through R4 quests. Angelic Charge might help me escape the Reapers lol

Thanks for the help figuring this out. And I posted this for the more casual players who had your old build with Pally splash laying around and probably can't handle the Max Min due to gear and or laziness. lol

P.S. to the Devs. Falconry is great, but the bird can't die doing it? Lol

Update...

I still miss some chest cause R4 is a Zergfeast. The EA Wings help me keep up. Where is All this Reaper Gear? I pulled a sheltering item. Yay! I have yet to Reaper Raid.

Ran some R4 with the Pally splash. A little less squishy with the Pally saving throws. His Falchion Vorpal is 11k compared to the PK at 12k Still testing. Regular Crit Hits are 500 to 700 for the both if I buff dps and divine might the Pally The heals and Auras take a hit in Reaper and make solo easier. I can't Adrenaline with the Epic Strike heal from EA, but I probably should not be pulling any agro with Adrenaline in Reaper anyway lol.

The EA Aura and Pally cleave helps with crowd control in solo. Some R4 also if I am careful. It subs for Falconry I guess.
    The Smites help when out of Haste, and with BM cooldowns, but Divine Crusader seems like too much with 14 smites. Might move that to Shadow for more defense and Ddoor. Like Axel recommends in The Quote. I have to stop normal attacks to Adrenaline and BM , but the PK averages 7k and the Human 6k.

I know this digresses from the current OP, but I thought it might help those with the old Pally splash builds that are previous OPs. My first Character was a Pally. He sits at lvl16. I don't TR, so this is a little taste of Pally on the Human Cleric build. Since I have a pure PK Cleric I don't plan on going pure with the Human at this point, but we will see how it goes with R4+ and Raids.

I don't think I can give up EA for the Aura and Angelic Charge Wings for the PK pure or the Human. It just speeds up the game. Between Horsey and Wings I can keep up. I just like EA too much compared to US. Healing Pillar still heals a lot in Reaper. It saves others from dying and embarrassing myself as a Cleric. Lol

The Ravenloft entrance in House J to the Blood Tavern quick travel combined using the Transporter in house J along with Horses and EA Wings make travel easier now. The Epic weapons from Into the Mist are easy for Reaper weapon's at lvl 29. As a returning player the game is faster now. Thumbs up to the Devs there.

It's a gradual process. Reaper points, optimizing your gearset and Primal/Divine past lives all add to survivability. If you're sticking in epics for a while I'd put together a ML 20/21-ish optimized leveling gearset along with an optimzed endgame one. If you need to stick more points in survivability for now that's fine, being dead = zero DPS. You also will probably need to stick to lower skulls for now and work your way up in time.

Community Member

It's a gradual process. Reaper points, optimizing your gearset and Primal/Divine past lives all add to survivability. If you're sticking in epics for a while I'd put together a ML 20/21-ish optimized leveling gearset along with an optimzed endgame one. If you need to stick more points in survivability for now that's fine, being dead = zero DPS. You also will probably need to stick to lower skulls for now and work your way up in time.
    Lol

When they Zerg ahead in R4 and I get lost and find a mob on my own ...

Angelic Charge is better for retreating.
    Lol
    Last edited by Fireball241; 02-21-2023 at 10:29 AM.

Community Member

Default Enlarge?

Axel,

Why no Enlarge? I was thinking of taking it on the Human mulit class since he is Lawful Good.

Is it useful?

Some say on here to take it for healing in Raids.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Axel,

Why no Enlarge? I was thinking of taking it on the Human mulit class since he is Lawful Good.

Is it useful?

Some say on here to take it for healing in Raids.
    I've never felt like it was necessary especially on a melee cleric as you're up on the front lines the large majority of the time so distance from healing targets isn't normally a concern. I heal raids all the time and definitely don't need it. It would be more useful on a healbot, caster cleric or caster FVS though I personally still wouldn't find it necessary. If you want to try it, try it. If you don't find it necessary then swap it out with Fred or on a reincarnation.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

FYI
    FYI there are some cleric 15 / paladin 5 builds out there. Most that I've seen go for tier-5 Sacred Defender for extra tankiness like this build; but nothing stops you from taking tier-5 KotC instead for Ascendancy, Holy Retribution etc.

Also for the pure cleric, with the HP changes you might want to try a different AP split such as:
    • 41 Falconry for Master Falconer capstone, +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points, and Death from Above etc.
    • 31 Radiant Servant for Positive Energy Shield
    • 8 Vistani Knife Fighter for Haste Boost

Basically give up some healing powah for more HPs and a few more bird attacks.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

I've never felt like it was necessary especially on a melee cleric as you're up on the front lines the large majority of the time so distance from healing targets isn't normally a concern. I heal raids all the time and definitely don't need it. It would be more useful on a healbot, caster cleric or caster FVS though I personally still wouldn't find it necessary. If you want to try it, try it. If you don't find it necessary then swap it out with Fred or on a reincarnation.
    Lvl 30 feat selection and Legendary.

Why No Scion of Celestia?

My Pure Cleric is squashy. We get more HP and critical heals?
    Critical Heals are the reason for Pure after all. Is it the Imbue Dice?
    I read about it, but still trying to figure out how Imbue works?

Does Beloved of Divine work with favored weapons?
    And why a feat that requires CLR3 so late?

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Lvl 30 feat selection and Legendary.

Why No Scion of Celestia?

My Pure Cleric is squashy. We get more HP and critical heals?
    Critical Heals are the reason for Pure after all. Is it the Imbue Dice?
    I read about it, but still trying to figure out how Imbue works?

Does Beloved of Divine work with favored weapons?
    And why a feat that requires CLR3 so late?

Because I can work in enough HP and enough survivability with gearing, reaper points and past lives and I have enough healing already. I would much rather have the 20 melee power and the extra enhancement bonus from Arborea.

Also I have a lot of experience playing a melee cleric so I'm confident in my ability to melee and heal and also not die at higher difficulties, well atleast not too often , so I can get away with less. And survivability gets way better when you get 21 reaper points and some epic past lives.

This is just my preference feel free to take more survivability if you wish. If you don't have a lot of reaper points, past lives and good gear you will be much squishier. Or if you just don't feel comfortable with the amount of survivability you may want to make some changes.

And yes beloved of the divine works with favored weapons. Only works with favored weapons I believe. I take it later because the other feats are more crucial to get first.
    Last edited by axel15810; 02-24-2023 at 09:24 PM.

Community Member

Because I can work in enough HP and enough survivability with gearing, reaper points and past lives and I have enough healing already. I would much rather have the 20 melee power and the extra enhancement bonus from Arborea.

Also I have a lot of experience playing a melee cleric so I'm confident in my ability to melee and heal and also not die at higher difficulties, well atleast not too often , so I can get away with less. And survivability gets way better when you get 21 reaper points and some epic past lives.

This is just my preference feel free to take more survivability if you wish. If you don't have a lot of reaper points, past lives and good gear you will be much squishier. Or if you just don't feel comfortable with the amount of survivability you may want to make some changes.

And yes beloved of the divine works with favored weapons. Only works with favored weapons I believe. I take it later because the other feats are more crucial to get first.
    Axel,

I get this is max min and gear dependent. Your builds use to be more.... attainable for Newbs. Now that it is based on an Iconic and a LR+1 and high end gear and high skill by the player it may not be the average recommendation your build use to be. I know Reaper is another animal to this game now. And just about the only game in town. Seems everyone has self healing for solo non reaper. But.

I looked back 3 years and PDK Mauls seems to be the build. Can you link your previous builds? I guess I can look through 22 pages worth, lol. No quotes with your old builds in them. I would love to see how this developed over time and how choices changed. Might help others get there a little easier to where your build is at although I doubt I ever will. Right now my Pally splash with more of your original build the last 8 years btw is more survivable. And congrats for that. 8 years!

I have enjoyed it and still do it seems after a few years break. The PDK Mauls is amazing, but I just can't stay in the fray without dying. I also probably need to use the bird more for that build. Does the bird really help in Reaper? I seem to just heal in Reaper and retreat and I need to try the ird more.

Everyone,

So the Mauls are considered Favored then?
    This Imbue Dice. It has mixed reviews. Anyone know how it works? Seems random and unreliable, but a nice touch.

I think my gimp PDK needs more heals and HP with its gear and lack of saves since it is Pure Cleric. I am thinking of trying another PDK Maul build CHR based Fey with Pally splash. KOTC till epic. With melee Epic Destinies KOTC is too much clicky, so switch to Fey and SD and use the Fury tree for melee.

Surviving and keeping up maybe get that better gear, but it will not help my game play skill, lol
    Last edited by Fireball241; 02-25-2023 at 01:00 PM.

Community Member

Scion of Celestia stack with the RS Core +50% critcal chance every fifth healing spell?

Seems Saving throws matter and the Pally splash helps the gimpiness of the Multi Cleric survive. How much Saving Throws is too much?

With Fey thinking of making the Human CLR15/PAL4/FTR1 CHR based with Fey and dropping STR to mins. Lose a little from Epic Fury Scream buff to STR.

For the PDK CLR20 I think it will survive better with more HP from Celestia and Harbinger of Choas once that kicks in at Lvl31. HP went up over 200 with only 1180 HP to 1380 is huge in Reaper.
    Last edited by Fireball241; 02-26-2023 at 09:39 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    FYI
    FYI there are some cleric 15 / paladin 5 builds out there. Most that I've seen go for tier-5 Sacred Defender for extra tankiness like this build; but nothing stops you from taking tier-5 KotC instead for Ascendancy, Holy Retribution etc.

Also for the pure cleric, with the HP changes you might want to try a different AP split such as:
    • 41 Falconry for Master Falconer capstone, +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points, and Death from Above etc.
    • 31 Radiant Servant for Positive Energy Shield
    • 8 Vistani Knife Fighter for Haste Boost

Basically give up some healing powah for more HPs and a few more bird attacks.

Been thinking hard about this for the Human especially with Fey now. I bought it. The Pal4 and Saving Throws from CHR seem to help. SD helps at T4. KOTC seems like too much so I took some out. Might dump it because of Fury and Strikethrough. I can probably squeeze in some Fey and might LR and dump STR for CHR and higher Saving Throws. How important are Saving Throws in Reaper and how much is too much?

Seems to help a lot for survival. Problem with the FTR level on the Human CLR15/PAL4/FTR1 is I took the FTR at lvl1 and 1 feat is wasted now. I have a LR and a LR+5 and may use that to go PAL3 or PAL5 on the Human. Lvl1 Ftr was for Cleaves years ago, but that is a waste now with Cleaves in trees and linked to Cleave cooldowns. And they got rid of the Pre Req of the feats.

The Human is Strikethrough with a Falchion build. I am thinking the Exalted Smite is too many melee clickies for a Cleric 2HF. I like the Adrenaline with the BM for Bosses, but the Fury T5 Leveler and Smites seem like too many interruptions in Strikethrough. Most bosses have mobs after all.

With so much SLA healing now I like the Pally splash. The PDK CLR20 seems to never run out of SP, but I have not done Reaper 5 or higher. I probably can't on either of them. Maybe I should just farm gear and leave the builds alone? That wasted feat on the Human bugs me though. I took Shield extra feat at FTR1, but never use it and might switch it to Dodge. I like 2HF play style and just want to live in Reaper. Lol

Looking for 2HF Human Clr17/Pal3 or Clr15/Pal5. Maybe with splash of Fey. I guess Human CLR20 is an option too. Thinking end game. Epic just does not seem that tough anymore for just about any build with all the changes.
    Last edited by Fireball241; 02-26-2023 at 10:33 AM.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Axel,

I get this is max min and gear dependent. Your builds use to be more.... attainable for Newbs. Now that it is based on an Iconic and a LR+1 and high end gear and high skill by the player it may not be the average recommendation your build use to be. I know Reaper is another animal to this game now. And just about the only game in town. Seems everyone has self healing for solo non reaper. But.

I looked back 3 years and PDK Mauls seems to be the build. Can you link your previous builds? I guess I can look through 22 pages worth, lol. No quotes with your old builds in them. I would love to see how this developed over time and how choices changed. Might help others get there a little easier to where your build is at although I doubt I ever will. Right now my Pally splash with more of your original build the last 8 years btw is more survivable. And congrats for that. 8 years!

I have enjoyed it and still do it seems after a few years break. The PDK Mauls is amazing, but I just can't stay in the fray without dying. I also probably need to use the bird more for that build. Does the bird really help in Reaper? I seem to just heal in Reaper and retreat and I need to try the ird more.

Everyone,

So the Mauls are considered Favored then?
    This Imbue Dice. It has mixed reviews. Anyone know how it works? Seems random and unreliable, but a nice touch.

I think my gimp PDK needs more heals and HP with its gear and lack of saves since it is Pure Cleric. I am thinking of trying another PDK Maul build CHR based Fey with Pally splash. KOTC till epic. With melee Epic Destinies KOTC is too much clicky, so switch to Fey and SD and use the Fury tree for melee.

Surviving and keeping up maybe get that better gear, but it will not help my game play skill, lol
    Scion of Celestia stack with the RS Core +50% critcal chance every fifth healing spell?

Seems Saving throws matter and the Pally splash helps the gimpiness of the Multi Cleric survive. How much Saving Throws is too much?

With Fey thinking of making the Human CLR15/PAL4/FTR1 CHR based with Fey and dropping STR to mins. Lose a little from Epic Fury Scream buff to STR.

For the PDK CLR20 I think it will survive better with more HP from Celestia and Harbinger of Choas once that kicks in at Lvl31. HP went up over 200 with only 1180 HP to 1380 is huge in Reaper.

You can look at the old build videos on my youtube channel detailing older build versions. I have done 4 over the years. I also used to have some of the older build write ups archived. I think I still do. If you really want them I can look around.

The build really just isn't new player or free to play friendly these days because you need falconry or feydark to make melee clerics work now with WIS to damage and CHA to damage both being much better options IMO for a melee cleric than STR based and warpriest still being hot garbage as a primary tree. And silvanus requires iconics and your only other option for a favored weapon THF build is warforged or bladeforged with greatswords but then you are taking a big hit to your own healing. You don't have to LR+1 as explained in the orignal post, a fighter level or two is completely fine.

Yes, falconry if you have the DCs is very helpful to blind enemies in reaper. Helpful CC.

Yes, mauls are granted as a favored weapon through silvanus.

Imbue dice we don't get to utilize unless you splash in another tree to get an imbue toggle somewhere. Imbue dice are not granted unless you have access to a toggle and have it set as active.

Celestia is crit damage, not crit chance. Radiant servant is crit chance. So they're different so stacking not a concern, if I understand your question right.

I don't put a super emphasis on saves personally because with radiance from radiant servant and harper pins you have 2 dispel CC now options for when you do get CC'ed. And it's easy to atleast get a great will save with our main stat being WIS.
    Last edited by axel15810; 02-27-2023 at 02:37 PM.

Community Member

You can look at the old build videos on my youtube channel detailing older build versions. I have done 4 over the years. I also used to have some of the older build write ups archived. I think I still do. If you really want them I can look around.

The build really just isn't new player or free to play friendly these days because you need falconry or feydark to make melee clerics work now with WIS to damage and CHA to damage both being much better options IMO for a melee cleric than STR based and warpriest still being hot garbage as a primary tree. And silvanus requires iconics and your only other option for a favored weapon THF build is warforged or bladeforged with greatswords but then you are taking a big hit to your own healing. You don't have to LR+1 as explained in the orignal post, a fighter level or two is completely fine.

Yes, falconry if you have the DCs is very helpful to blind enemies in reaper. Helpful CC.

Yes, mauls are granted as a favored weapon through silvanus.

Imbue dice we don't get to utilize unless you splash in another tree to get an imbue toggle somewhere. Imbue dice are not granted unless you have access to a toggle and have it set as active.

Celestia is crit damage, not crit chance. Radiant servant is crit chance. So they're different so stacking not a concern, if I understand your question right.

I don't put a super emphasis on saves personally because with radiance from radiant servant and harper pins you have 2 dispel CC now options for when you do get CC'ed. And it's easy to atleast get a great will save with our main stat being WIS.

Looking at the other 4 builds on video should help thanks.

For Lvl31 why Harbinger instead of Two Handed Speciality?

I was thinking this as a Lawful Good alternative for the Pally splash Human Cleric for sure, but why not the PDK Pure Cleric?
    and go Neutral?

Also thinking of subbing Guardian Angel for the PDK Pure Cleric for better survivability instead of Double Strike or Crush Weakness. At least till get better gear. Everyone seems to love Crush Weakness though?
    Last edited by Fireball241; 02-28-2023 at 04:39 PM.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

For Lvl31 why Harbinger instead of Two Handed Speciality?
    The level 31 Weapon Specialty feats don't enhance your existing combat style, but enable adding a secondary combat style instead. Either for someone who wants to switch weappons (e.g., 2H weapons vs mobs, TWF for single target); or for a feat-starved build which benefits from having two, e.g., a paladin Vanguard who takes the Shield Mastery feats while leveling then THF Specialty at level 31 (or vice versa), so they can benefit from both feat chains while using S&B bastard swords or dwarven axes.

Harbinger of Chaos gives +2% Doublestrike and Doubleshot, +2 Imbue Dice if Chaotic, and doubles the bonus from FotW's Scarred by Chaos to +100 HPs +20 PRR (so equivalent to taking Epic DR and Epic Toughness at once).
    Last edited by unbongwah; 02-28-2023 at 05:35 PM.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    The level 31 Weapon Specialty feats don't enhance your existing combat style, but enable adding a secondary combat style instead. Either for someone who wants to switch weappons (e.g., 2H weapons vs mobs, TWF for single target); or for a feat-starved build which benefits from having two, e.g., a paladin Vanguard who takes the Shield Mastery feats while leveling then THF Specialty at level 31 (or vice versa), so they can benefit from both feat chains while using S&B bastard swords or dwarven axes.

Harbinger of Chaos gives +2% Doublestrike and Doubleshot, +2 Imbue Dice if Chaotic, and doubles the bonus from FotW's Scarred by Chaos to +100 HPs +20 PRR (so equivalent to taking Epic DR and Epic Toughness at once).

I am happy with Fury but think T5 might be too much investment on both Clerics at least for now.

I think the PDK Pure needs more survival , so might swap out Doublestrike for Guardian Angel. Adrenaline with the T4 percentage increase and BM just seems like enough. Without interrupting Strikethrough attack with Clickies.

So for the Pally4 splash I can go a little more Tanky and take Sword and board for the Pally. Interesting. Sounds like a possible solution for the Pally splash. I might revamp him also as a CHR based to hit and damage.

The Pally splash with Sword and Board might be better to pull some aggro eventually. Just farm a slightly better CHR item to use lvl4. Seems like Guardian Angel is overdone on a Pally. One player thinks Aggro Clerics mitigate damage better. Gear might be a long way off for that though.
    Last edited by Fireball241; 02-28-2023 at 06:42 PM.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Here's what I'm tentatively thinking for a new endgame gearset. Please give me feedback/criticism on this. Very open to suggestions/corrections. After I hear some feedback I'll update original post. I don't yet have fillagree and augments filled out but should be able to fit everything else essential that is not mentioned through augments and fillagree. As for fillagree, will atleast do 5 piece Prowess set of course. Agr33n3's post on page 20 of this thread with 3 set bonuses and my old gearset gave me a lot of ideas to consider. After crunching through the wiki and wrapping my head around the gear tetris this week I cannot see any way possible to fit in all 3 set bonuses as in Agr33n3's gearset suggestion while still fitting in insightful accuracy, healing lore and assassinate DCs. You can fit in two of the three of Isle of Dread, Feywild winter and Sharn Legendary Part of the Family but not all three without losing atleast healing lore and accuracy. Atleast I've not found a way.

This tentative gearset below is very aggressively oriented. It gives pretty much max attainable melee DPS and healing but sacrifices survivability.

Pros - It fits in equip/insight/qual assassinate, insight accuracy, equip/insight/qual/profane/except WIS, healing lore, isle of dread and sharn set bonuses, armor/insight armor pierce, insight/qual spellpower

Cons - It makes some big sacrifices to survivability by dropping Feywild winter and insight/qual CON. It may be too much of a sacrifice for higher reapers though I right now think I can make it work with reaper points and past lives. I'm thinking I should still get to around 2,500 HP in reaper with 50 reaper points and a bunch of primal past lives. Which is definitely enough HP. Also lots of divine past lives will help make up PRR. However, a new character without past lives/reaper points would want to fit in feywild winter and sharn part of the family instead for the extra survivability. Without reaper points and past lives you'll definitely be too squishy for high reaper with this gearset.

Some other notes: equipment bonus to Assassinate is duplicated, no way I can see around that. Crafting it on ring artifact gives an extra +2 DCs. Still need to fit in insightful assassinate on top of that which am currently getting through saltmarsh trinket. Kopru bracers aren't super great for our purposes but there wasn't a better option for a 5th isle of dread item to slot for set bonus and they do have some extra HP and a useful crafting slot.

Helm - Legendary Shining Crest of St. Markus Deathblock, Silver Flame Lore +22%, Power of the Silver Flame +151, Light Absorption +23%, Legendary Brilliance Guard, Legendary Oasis of Morality, Blue Augment Slot, Green Augment Slot

Armor - Legendary Enforcers Fortification +142%, Physical Sheltering +33, Competence Healing Amplification +53, False Life +50, Green Augment Slot, Legendary Part of the Family

Goggles - Legendary Collective Sight DEX 13, Insightful WIS 6, Quality Resistance +2, Temperance of Belief, Blue Augment Slot

Necklace - Family's Blessing Quality Assassinate +3, Insightful Armor-Piercing - 10%, Deadly +11, Doublestrike 15%, Yellow Augment Slot, Blue Augment Slot, Legendary Part of the Family

Trinket - Legendary Croc Tooth Crippling, Armor-Piercing - 21%, Accuracy +21, Insightful Accuracy +10, Green Augment Slot, Yellow Augment Slot, Legendary Saltmarsh Explorer

Cloak - Dino Bone Cloak - Scale: WIS +14, Fang: Deception, Claw: MRR +35, Horn: Enhanced Ghostly, Set: The Legendary Isle's Dread Curse, Green Augment Slot, Yellow Augment Slot

Belt - Legendary Belt of Black Sands Constitution +14, Invisibility Guard, Ghostly, Isle of Dread: Claw: 5% qual positive crit, Green Augment Slot, Colorless Augment Slot

Boots - Legendary Sunken Slippers Quality WIS 3, Lesser Displacement, Insightful Pot 49, Qual Pot 24, Yellow Augment Slot

Gloves - Legendary Hammerfist Insightful Doublestrike 6%, Cannith Combat Infusion, Seeker +13, Insightful Deadly +4, Blue Augment Slot, Legendary Part of the Family

Ring 1 - Dinosaur Bone Ring (minor artifact) Scale: 20% positive crit, Fang: 10% insight positive crit, Claw: +17 Assassinate, Horn: Relentless Fury, The Legendary Dread Isle's Curse, Blue Augment Slot, Green Augment Slot

Ring 2 - Ring of the Silver Tongue Improved Deception, Insightful Deception +5, Assassinate +15, Insightful Assassinate +7, Blue Augment Slot, Green Augment Slot, Yellow Augment Slot

Bracers - Legendary Kopru Bracers Necromancy Focus +6, Illusion Focus +6, Profane Lifeforce +47, Scale: +14 CHA, Green Augment Slot, Colorless Augment Slot, The Legendary Dread Isle's Curse

Weapon - Attuned Dino Bone Maul Scale: Meltscale, Fang: Meltfang, Claw: Exceptional +2 WIS, Horn: Icehorn or Black Sands Desire, Orange Augment Slot, Purple Augment Slot, The Legendary Dread Isle's Curse
    Last edited by axel15810; 03-06-2023 at 03:59 PM.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast