Talking Dulsinnea Eldard - A New Life

{So I decided that I didn't want to play an iconic after all. So I deleted her and made an elf Cleric/Fighter (aka. Chaos Paladin) in her place. This is the journal of that character. I do not expect there to be many posts as I have Carpel Tunnel.}

I don't know what happened. The last thing I remember is going to sleep in a nice room at the tavern in Evening Star. Then I woke up on this weird ship, with a crew strangers, only to discover that I had to talk to this woman to rediscover myself. And my regaila ... all gone! *heavy sigh*

Everything seemed so big. Then I looked down at myself to realize that it was actually I that was smaller. Quite a bit smaller in fact. Then I went to run my fingers through my hair, to calm myself, and found long pointy ears! It took a while, but I managed to find a mirror. Upon looking in, I saw a face I could scarcely recognize. Little more than similarities really, to what I had been familiar with.

I am confused, but I will try to go on from here, and see where here leads me.
    Welcoming Darkness Argonnessen GL and Multiple Officers
    Welcoming Darkness Cannith Multiple Officers
    Welcoming Darkness Ghallanda GL and Multiple Officers
    Righteous Assault Khyber GL and Multiple Officers
    Arcane Alliance Orion Multiple Officers
    Changewinds Sarlona GL and Multiple Officers
    Dragon Horde Thelanis Multiple Officers
    Novice Trainers Inc Thelanis GL and Multiple Officers
    Storage Conglomerate Wayfinder GL and Multiple Officers
    Premium Account

Post Notation

This is not an adventure log. It is the thoughts and feelings of the character.

I do hope I'm not the only one who gets something out of it.

• "Talking" icon = Actual Journal Posts
    • "Post" icon = Out of Character information (like this post)

This is the actual name of one of my characters, on Cannith. Guild - Welcomeing Darkness. I play her solo or in group. You are welcome to request a party invite by Tell. SOP - "slam" invites will be ignored. And *please* be willing & able to use party chat to hear me. I have severe Carpel Tunnel. Type if you wish.
    As of this post she is Level 9 (holding a level and some change).
    Last edited by Lil_Mischif; 01-13-2015 at 06:27 AM.
    Premium Account

Talking Months Have Passed ...

So it's been awhile, and I think I'm adjusting well. I'm even getting used to my image in the mirror. And I've discovered that I have powers I never could have imagined.

I'm still not as powerful a fighter as I once was. I seem to have taken a few steps backward, with my transformation to this form. But all that is balanced, to some extent, by the fact that I'm now able to heal. And who knows what the future will hold.

I have dedicated myself to the service of Cayden Cailean, and I wear a leather pendant with the symbol of a beautiful tankard engraved upon it. And now I celebrate my faith in the tavern, with a tankard of good ale or mead. Outside the tavern I strive to maintain the freedom of all good folk I meet.

Everywhere I turn there are new and exciting challenges. While I still struggle with the losses I have suffered, I look forward to the future. And one day I hope to regain my former Glory.
    Premium Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Mischif View Post
    I have dedicated myself to the service of Cayden Cailean, and I wear a leather pendant with the symbol of a beautiful tankard engraved upon it. And now I celebrate my faith in the tavern, with a tankard of good ale or mead. Outside the tavern I strive to maintain the freedom of all good folk I meet.
    Are you related to Lurch, of Lurch's Reburial Services? Lurch is a Paladin friend of mine that spends more time in the taverns than a Bard. You both share a love of tavern drinks and I think he might have a necklace with a tankard carved into it, too.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Cool Not to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
    Are you related to Lurch, of Lurch's Reburial Services? Lurch is a Paladin friend of mine that spends more time in the taverns than a Bard. You both share a love of tavern drinks and I think he might have a necklace with a tankard carved into it, too.
    My apologies. I am unfamiliar with the individual of whom you speak. Does he play on Cannith?

In any case, it's nice to know that I'm not alone in my pursuit.

[Apologies for taking so long to reply.]
    Premium Account

Talking Still more time has passed.

It has been a long time since my last entry. I did have difficulty adjusting to the changes, and I still do not know why they happened, but I have come to accept them.

As time has progressed, I've come to enjoy in my new life. Cayden Cailean is my constant companion, in all I do and where so ever I go. Whether I adventure solo, with strangers or friends, at my own whim, he is with me. I need only the sun on my face and the wind in my hair to feel his presence. While the life of a Paladin of Freedom is far from easy, I feel my burdens to be light as I serve the cause of freedom. I call all good folk friend and count myself fortunate.

Sometimes my progress seems quite slow. In other times I feel myself leap forward. I suppose it is the nature of life for progress to come in fits and starts. As with everything so far, I find I'm able to take it in stride. After all, my power is not as important as helping those in need. I will achieve my goals in time.

{She is up to level 12 now.}
    Last edited by Lil_Mischif; 08-20-2016 at 03:05 AM.
    Premium Account

Talking Trials and Achievements

It's been quite some time since I've had anything of note to write about. It seems I've been in a rut. I hang around the guild ship, trying to manage the mountain of my equipment. Then I fall asleep, in a hammock, to the thrum of the engine.

Earlier this weak, I discovered the Night Revels. Since then I've been joining a few new friends, from the guild, running through Delera's Graveyard. At times it has been quite challenging.
    {going in quests up to level 20}
    All of us have had our failures. We try to watch each other's backs. Unfortunately, mistakes happen. Not to mention that we have faced the dreaded Lag Beast many times, with mixed success.
    The companions, that we've been hiring to aid us, have been quite a mixed bag. Some have done their jobs admirably. Others seem to just want to follow, wide-eyed and oblivious to our needs. And sometimes they walk, likewise, into a fray or practically off a cliff. And then it's either risk life and limb rescuing them (up to and including carrying their remains to a shrine or even doing the Resurrection rituals ourselves) or leave them to their fate.

All said and dome, I am grateful to be out of my rut. I've also been learning a lot and getting quite a bit stronger.
    {She is up to level 15 (almost16) now.}
    Even still, I feel something niggling at my mind. It seems to be telling me that there is something I need to fix ... inside.
    {new heart of wood in inventory}
    I will endeavor to find some sort of counselor after the Revels end. I can not wait to see what is to come. Even though these last few days have been strenuous, I feel my strength and resolve renewed. There is still great hope for a bright future.
    Premium Account