Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Lag problems on Khyber continue

This morning lag problems on khyber continue unabated. After being lagged to death 3 times i just quit. Gonna have to wait it out. I'm a VIP and a big spender. Why should i have to put up with this? Can anyone explain please? Server restart maybe?

It is not my equipment because:
    1. Other servers are not lagging on the SAME EQUIPMENT.
    2. Other games are not lagging on the same equipment.
    3. Other people with different equipment are lagging too.
    4. The same server is not lagging when I play late at night or very early in the morning (Pacific Time).

So don't be telling me it's my equipment. Excuses are not accepted. Acknowledgment or at least some action seems imperative. Please make this the highest priority. I can put up with minor bugs. This is a major issue that demands immediate attention. Thank you in advance for taking this seriously.
    cyreme-1 (15/5 arti/rogue), completionist/epic completionist trickster, survivalist, master trapper, master crafter, Qualingor (lvl 28 healer cleric), Narukan (lvl 28 barbie), Kaligga (lvl 28 rogue/pally/arti mix), BingCrosby (lvl 28 15/5 arti/rogue), Madbombah (lvl 28 drow lock), Swasher (lvl 25 bard), Mrglass (lvl 23 lock/pally), Tolmar (lvl 25 pally).

Xionanx

Just spent 44 Minutes in an EH Von3.. why? 30 MINUTES OF LAG!!! No one died, we did not wipe, it wasn't "hard'... but the instance just straight up LOCKED UP AND REFUSED TO LET ANYONE MOVE FOR SEVERAL MINUTES AT A TIME.

KHYBER OF COURSE

Came back after a break
    Completed Necros in Shindy no problem. Came out and almost died to a drider in the wilderness area. What's interesting is that my hires seem to be frozen too. Since we are apparently stuck with this lag might as well study it. Do hires normally freeze when u freeze? Is their ai separate from monster ai? Because monsters just keep hitting. (and I am going to resist the discussion about messed up ac system).
    cyreme-1 (15/5 arti/rogue), completionist/epic completionist trickster, survivalist, master trapper, master crafter, Qualingor (lvl 28 healer cleric), Narukan (lvl 28 barbie), Kaligga (lvl 28 rogue/pally/arti mix), BingCrosby (lvl 28 15/5 arti/rogue), Madbombah (lvl 28 drow lock), Swasher (lvl 25 bard), Mrglass (lvl 23 lock/pally), Tolmar (lvl 25 pally).

Community Member firstprotector's Avatar

it would be so great if someone from turbine would at least admit there is lag issues and it is not just us with the problems,

Quote Originally Posted by firstprotector View Post
    it would be so great if someone from turbine would at least admit there is lag issues and it is not just us with the problems,
    I would even be perfectly fine with, "we are aware, but no one will be able to reset until monday afternoon"..(or insert a different time period on monday here)...

My only questions is this, does no one in the big house play on khyber? certainly if so they would have been part of this mess lol...

Rich
    ---------------------
    Faskin-Lorich-Lorichae-Lorichei-Loriches-Lorichh-Lorichha-Lorichie-Lorichies-Lorichiette-Lorichisoul-Lorricch-Lorrich

Since I am lagging anyway, I decided to put together a few strategies that helped me cope with lag over the years (been playing since 2009).

1. Avoid doing difficult quests with large mob spawns (red alert+lag=wipe).
    2. Should probably stay away from ee quests for time being.
    3. Try to avoid casting expensive spells. Many times I cast the spell, sp is deducted but no effect because of lag.
    4. Use cc spells, abilities, they help minimize monster movement, and thus reduce lag.
    5. Don't use expensive or specialized bolts/arrows/grenades, etc, since most of them will end up being wasted.
    6. Try to have hires like owlbear block the doorways (owlbear is really good at that sort of thing), so that if lag strikes monsters cannot get to you.

These are just a few that came to mind. Feel free to add your own.

Quote Originally Posted by firstprotector View Post
    They have - on vary rare occasions - spoken on the subject, and nothing good has ever come from it. Usually it's resulted in stuff like "Now that you {bleeped expletive} Devs have finally admitted it, what the {bleep} are you going to do about it?!" If they came out and reported to us something like "In the cases we've been able to examine, it appears to be all the hops through Internap that are getting suffering these lag/performance issues" would you:
    A) Thank them for the information?
    B) Accuse them of lying?
    C) Do either of the above before running your own Trace Route and/or bothering to discover who/what Internap is?

The number of forumites honestly looking for answers are extremely few and far between. Most of the forumites are only asking a question they've already determined an answer to: "Who's to blame? Turbine!" It doesn't matter if these guys are running Trace Routes and finding packet loss/latency issues at locations where Turbine doubtfully has any power/authority to effect change, Turbine must be blamed!

When Turbine does mention doing {this or that} to address "performance issues" we generally respond by telling them that what they're doing is worthless/pointless & wrong and not going to help anything; and/or give them carp for saying "performance issues" when we all know what they mean is "lag" - so what does Turbine have to gain by opening another discussion on the matter with us?
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 01-04-2015 at 07:57 PM.
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Wow, Turbine and their tweet and the six replies are pretty good

https://twitter.com/DDOUnlimited/sta...84556839493635
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    Wow, Turbine and their tweet and the six replies are pretty good

https://twitter.com/DDOUnlimited/sta...84556839493635
    Thats adding insult to injury. Instead of acknowledging there's an issue, they say something stupid like that when the server is crippled.

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    C) Do either of the above before running your own Trace Route and/or bothering to discover who/what Internap is?

The number of forumites honestly looking for answers are extremely few and far between. Most of the forumites are only asking a question they've already determined an answer to: "Who's to blame? Turbine!" It doesn't matter if these guys are running Trace Routes and finding packet loss/latency issues at locations where Turbine doubtfully has any power/authority to effect change, Turbine must be blamed!

When Turbine does mention doing {this or that} to address "performance issues" we generally respond by telling them that what they're doing is worthless/pointless & wrong and not going to help anything; and/or give them carp for saying "performance issues" when we all know what they mean is "lag" - so what does Turbine have to gain by opening another discussion on the matter with us?
    I am sorry man but what on earth are you talking about? Did you read the original post? I don't give a rat's behind about the "discussion". Your point about traceroutes has nothing to do with what is going on. On the SAME equipment and SAME connection thelanis runs just fine. Equipment and connection has nothing to do with it. Something is screwy on Khyber server. I dropped $400 into this game over the holidays and am starting to regret it. Simply put I don't need a discussion about why I should get my money's worth. Turbine will lose money over this. My son invited one of his friends to play with us on Khyber, after 1 day the guy quit. Because of this ridiculous lag. Discussion? Shove it. Acknowledgment - honestly means little to me. I want a working game. End of story.

Community Member

Yup, same problem here. I normally enjoy DDO, but not like this. I'm VIP and find myself buying points quarterly.

Instead of playing DDO I've spent part of my weekend trying other online games.

Very frustrated.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    They have - on vary rare occasions - spoken on the subject, and nothing good has ever come from it. Usually it's resulted in stuff like "Now that you {bleeped expletive} Devs have finally admitted it, what the {bleep} are you going to do about it?!" If they came out and reported to us something like "In the cases we've been able to examine, it appears to be all the hops through Internap that are getting suffering these lag/performance issues" would you:
    A) Thank them for the information?
    B) Accuse them of lying?

When I can play on the other servers (all of them ) without issue and only have lag on one it has to be on their end!

Beware the Sleepeater

*bump*

statement please

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lorichie View Post
    I would even be perfectly fine with, "we are aware, but no one will be able to reset until monday afternoon"..(or insert a different time period on monday here)...

My only questions is this, does no one in the big house play on khyber? certainly if so they would have been part of this mess lol...

Rich
    Ditto. Just want to know if they consider this an issue or its 'normal' and we are SOL.

Community Manager

We have been looking into these reports on Khyber, and will continue to do so. We appreciate the reports from folks, and apologize for any issues experienced.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We have been looking into these reports on Khyber, and will continue to do so. We appreciate the reports from folks, and apologize for any issues experienced.
    what about Argo? what about the other servers that aren't hit quite as bad, but bad notheless?

in any case THANK YOU for FINALLY adressing it.

Community Member

Vacations over!

It's not just on Kyber, Ghallanda is suffering as well. I can't tell you how many lag wipes we had over the holidays. In many quests more time was spent with the party dead, froze up, and waiting to be able to move again. I've never seen it so bad before. Simply moving from quest to quest was a problem, many people just quit out because they were froze up in the public areas trying to get to quests. Clearly something has gone wrong. This has been going on for days.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Skeen View Post
    It's not just on Kyber, Ghallanda is suffering as well. I can't tell you how many lag wipes we had over the holidays. In many quests more time was spent with the party dead, froze up, and waiting to be able to move again. I've never seen it so bad before. Simply moving from quest to quest was a problem, many people just quit out because they were froze up in the public areas trying to get to quests. Clearly something has gone wrong. This has been going on for days.
    didn't have problems with g-land just Khyber myself

Beware the Sleepeater

My son and I had problems on a couple servers, including G-Land. I just figured it was over crowding with everyone off work for the holidays.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast