Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Sorry if the answering of particular questions/threads over others seems arbitrary. We on the Development side try to answer questions that we can (sadly, we can't answer all questions) when we can (only so many hours in the day). If a question isn't answered, it could be for a number of reasons, including (but not limited to):
    • Can't answer it because it's part of hypothetical "future stuff"
    • The answer has already been mentioned by someone else in the thread
    • Answering the question may require discussion from the team first; we do end up discussing questions we see in the Forums pretty often, even if those don't end up turning into posts.
    • The dev replying doesn't know the answer; As much as we try (and we do!) we are not all human encyclopedias of all in-game and under-the-hood knowledge simultaneously. A lot of you ask big and deep questions that require research.
    • And finally: The question wasn't asked politely.

With the earlier post in this thread, I happened to be reading the Forums while away on Vacation, saw some good questions that I could answer, and decided to do so. Nothing more to it than that.

Today, I'm in the office on a non-work day fixing bugs and making stuff for the Temple of Elemental Evil, because I genuinely want to improve the game. Which may sound like "PR speak", but it's true.

Anyway! Happy New Year, all.
    Hey whadda ya know, im in my home office working to make sure our product is good too! Happy New year! Oh yeah, put u25 up on lam :P

2015 DDO Players Council InsanityIsYourFriend's Avatar

Sorry if the answering of particular questions/threads over others seems arbitrary. We on the Development side try to answer questions that we can (sadly, we can't answer all questions) when we can (only so many hours in the day). If a question isn't answered, it could be for a number of reasons, including (but not limited to):
    • Answering the question may require discussion from the team first; we do end up discussing questions we see in the Forums pretty often, even if those don't end up turning into posts.
    • The dev replying doesn't know the answer; As much as we try (and we do!) we are not all human encyclopedias of all in-game and under-the-hood knowledge simultaneously. A lot of you ask big and deep questions that require research.

With the earlier post in this thread, I happened to be reading the Forums while away on Vacation, saw some good questions that I could answer, and decided to do so. Nothing more to it than that.

Today, I'm in the office on a non-work day fixing bugs and making stuff for the Temple of Elemental Evil, because I genuinely want to improve the game. Which may sound like "PR speak", but it's true.

You know... I wish I had a job that I actually cared enough about to go in on my free time....
    Steel, you and any other developers that may or may not be at the office are awesome, I know there is most likely more of you than those that are allowed to post, thank you all! Please tell Tolero to post more, I enjoyed her posts, although Cordovan is fun too.
    I am Falontani, Zeblazing, Zeholysoul, Zeshadowfist, Zesoulhuntah, Zedrunk, Singingblade, and many alts
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    Thanks for the report and Whoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    This is talked about a ton, and nothing is concrete at this point. Enter bugs with examples. Tons and tons of bugs. Make Gazebo cry.

We're not dissing you man, we're just happy someone answered and thus striving for attention! Happy new year
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

Default A dev read my post!

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    We're not dissing you man, we're just happy someone answered and thus striving for attention! Happy new year
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal_Lannes View Post
    Now you aren't a cookie cuttter, you are a character with unique gear and layouts and not everyone has the same mass produced epic ethereal bracers from the ghostly beholder factory.

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    Only thing I can think of is a forum area where folk could post new threads, but not replies - so if you started a thread only a staffer could actually reply. But that would have to be policed and people's rights taken away if they abuse that. And they still might not be able to answer everything.
    Actually, I really like that idea!

• Title it as a "Dear Devs" subforum or some such.
    • Post only, no replies by players.
    • Posting permission restrictions like:
    •• Premium/ViP only (reduce abuse by throw away accounts).
    •• No posting if you currently have Infraction points (Warnings don't count).

• Policed & Filtered (by a dedicated intern maybe?) to flag/forward questions to relevant Devs or Departments; and to remove any "questions" like "When will you guys ever learn to code properly?" or "Hey {forum handle} why did you ask such a dumb question?" with 2 post removals giving a 6 month posting ban from this specific subforum and 4 earn a permanent posting ban from this specific subforum. The policing & filtering intern could also link repeatedly asked questions to already existing answers.
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456