Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Default to DocTom

Quote Originally Posted by DocTom View Post
    You da man! Thanks! OK - I'm building it in another screen and... At level 1, I can't select the feat "Spell Focus: Evocation". Should I take first level in Sorc? *ugh*!

Thanks for any help!

Gratefully,
    Tom
    since you are going right back to 20 you can just take Adamantine Body there and move all feats up one must be glitch in builder should not let me pick until you can cast spells but it will make no difference in the build to take Adamantine Body at one instead of 18 for you but need to reorder feats in that build because if you had to level with Adamantine Body from one the ASF would suck it is long before the build gets rid of it
    Last edited by Kentpb; 02-06-2016 at 08:00 PM.

On Arggo head of the "WoodShadows" guild looking for a laid back play for fun new recruits
    For Build help or any other ?'s hit me up here Kent's custom Character Builds
    The Character Planer I use can be found here DDO Character Planner by Ordinary

Community Member

Or... Can I take some bogus feat like cleave and visit Fred to swap it out after the build is done? I think I get more hp starting out as paly right?

Default to DocTom

Or... Can I take some bogus feat like cleave and visit Fred to swap it out after the build is done? I think I get more hp starting out as paly right?
    no don't do that or it will use up one of the +'s on your heart of wood you can only change 2 level ups and last time you where paly lev one and fred will not let you change it to focus because at lev one you could not cast spells

On Arggo head of the "WoodShadows" guild looking for a laid back play for fun new recruits

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kentpb View Post
    no don't do that or it will use up one of the +'s on your heart of wood you can only change 2 level ups and last time you where paly lev one and fred will not let you change it to focus because at lev one you could not cast spells
    Confirmed! Any spell suggestions?

Default to DocTom

Confirmed! Any spell suggestions?
    well here are the important ones jump, MM, Blur, resist energy, scorching ray, CM, displacement, fire ball, haste, D door, force missiles, stoneskin, fire wall, cloudkill (I like the 20% miss chance), protection from elements, Repair Critical Damage, GH, Reconstruct, delayed blast fireball
    As far as combat in the end of the post I put advice as to spell rotation you should be firing spells off like a archer shoots arrows
    Last edited by Kentpb; 02-06-2016 at 09:32 PM.

Hey Kent, I just want to say that I finally TR'ed into the PDK warlock build you helped me with, and so far man is it fun! I can't wait to hit epic levels and see how it performs with some destinies. I only have one planned change from the build you made for me, I might not bother with Power Attack at 18 and pick up quicken instead.
    Last edited by Anoregon; 02-06-2016 at 09:51 PM.

Community Member

well here are the important ones jump, MM, Blur, resist energy, scorching ray, CM, displacement, fire ball, haste, D door, force missiles, stoneskin, fire wall, cloudkill (I like the 20% miss chance), protection from elements, Repair Critical Damage, GH, Reconstruct, delayed blast fireball
    As far as combat in the end of the post I put advice as to spell rotation you should be firing spells off like a archer shoots arrows
    Kent,

Thanks so much for being patient with this old noob! I am built exactly as you proposed - even moved over to the Shiradi tree. I am going to run some easy-ish solo stuff today to see how it feels, but I have a great feeling about it! (You know, in retrospect, maybe Extend was a good feat choice since I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of Enlarge, but I'm gratified to even be considering subtleties like that!)

I am officially a fan and promise to write back in a few months with a build request that will fully tap your creativity. I owe ya!
    Tom

Default to DocTom

Kent,

Thanks so much for being patient with this old noob! I am built exactly as you proposed - even moved over to the Shiradi tree. I am going to run some easy-ish solo stuff today to see how it feels, but I have a great feeling about it! (You know, in retrospect, maybe Extend was a good feat choice since I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of Enlarge, but I'm gratified to even be considering subtleties like that!)

I am officially a fan and promise to write back in a few months with a build request that will fully tap your creativity. I owe ya!
    Tom
    Glad it is looking good for you just so you know Enlarge is important MM & CM are rather short range and having it will make a big difference so you can use them and not just scorching ray at long range.

P.S. let me know how you like it when you get all those nice procs you should really like Nerve Venom nothing like a little CC on all of your damage spells

Default Bored

Hi im getting bored with my builds so looking to try some new stuff my next few lives stumbled onto your post figured maybe you could help me with an idea. I must start by saying all my gear is unarmed mnk based so most lives are mnk splash so I don't have to farm gear. below is a list of what I got done and I also have +7 tome in all stats I have been getting Pl with my iconic and if non iconic its ETR/TR to save time again just looking for something fresh to get fast lives

Lives
    Monk 1/4
    Wizard 1/1
    Fighter 3/3
    Paladin 1/3
    Barbarian 1/3
    Artificer 1/3
    Ranger 1/3
    Druid 1/1
    Cleric 1/1
    Rouge 1/3
    Bard 1/1
    Favored Soul 1/1
    Sorcerer 1/1
    Warlock 1/3
    Done 16/31

Completionist 3/15

Iconic Lives

Bladeforged 2/3
    Morninglord 0/3
    Purple Dragon Knight 0/3
    Shadar-Kai 1/3
    3/12

Epic Lives

Arcane 03
    Divine 0/3
    Martial 1/3
    Primal 2/3
    3/12

Final Life 20 Light Monk
    Server: Fernia Guild: Southern Tenant Farmers Union
    MrTreats:lv20 Fighter Huma Macleod:lvl20Pali WF Octavius:lvl20 Rgr Drow Ramrez:lvl20 Clr Halfling Faygo:lvl20 Rog Drow Ampata:lvl20 Wiz Drow Bach:lvl17 Bard Drow Odafin:lvl5 Life 10 Seeley:lvl1 Barb 1/2 Orc

Quote Originally Posted by mrtreats View Post
    all my gear is unarmed mnk based so most lives are mnk splash so I don't have to farm gear. ... just looking for something fresh to get fast lives
    Can't offer one, but what it sounds like you want is a HTR Template* with Monk as one third(ish).

(* Edit (for those who don't know): Heroic True Reincarnation. A 6A/6B/8X build (or possibly 7A/6B/7X - "M"onk makes that more possible than some) build where only the "X" changes, and the others are consistent throughout, so only the TR class changes. Saves on gear farming, and the playstyle is similar with the exceptions of whatever the variable 3rd class brings to the mix.)

However...
    ...im getting bored with my builds so looking to try some new stuff ...
    If every class is Monk(ish)-based unarmed, "new stuff" isn't going to happen unless you can let that go, at least to some extent. (Or unless some clever rabbit comes up w/ something truly creative! Monkcher?)

(The nice thing about a HTR template is that you don't really have to "farm" gear - every life it keeps getting better.)

So which do you want? To use Monk gear, or to have "something new"?
    Last edited by C-Dog; 02-17-2016 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Can't offer one, but what it sounds like you want is a HTR Template* with Monk as one third(ish).

(* Edit (for those who don't know): Heroic True Reincarnation. A 6A/6B/8X build (or possibly 7A/6B/7X - "M"onk makes that more possible than some) build where only the "X" changes, and the others are consistent throughout, so only the TR class changes. Saves on gear farming, and the playstyle is similar with the exceptions of whatever the variable 3rd class brings to the mix.)

However...

If every class is Monk(ish)-based unarmed, "new stuff" isn't going to happen unless you can let that go, at least to some extent. (Or unless some clever rabbit comes up w/ something truly creative! Monkcher?)
    I
    (The nice thing about a HTR template is that you don't really have to "farm" gear - every life it keeps getting better.)

So which do you want? To use Monk gear, or to have "something new"?
    Most miles are either 8 or 10 lvl mnk And I almost always ignore the other class tree because I know what I like in my monk tree unfortunately I need to get my iconic lives done while getting credit for classes I have not finished so if I'm gonna do a 3 class split I should try something newish still mnk based but maybe not my standard. The exception here is my next 2 barb and rog lives they can't have monk (rog can just was bad last time I tried). I just want to try something new that can hold up in epic content if I need to go to 30 and figured maybe someone has an idea I have yet to try.
    Server: Fernia Guild: Southern Tenant Farmers Union
    MrTreats:lv20 Fighter Huma Macleod:lvl20Pali WF Octavius:lvl20 Rgr Drow Ramrez:lvl20 Clr Halfling Faygo:lvl20 Rog Drow Ampata:lvl20 Wiz Drow Bach:lvl17 Bard Drow Odafin:lvl5 Life 10 Seeley:lvl1 Barb 1/2 Orc

Community Member

Default DocTom's Solo Toaster

Glad it is looking good for you just so you know Enlarge is important MM & CM are rather short range and having it will make a big difference so you can use them and not just scorching ray at long range.

P.S. let me know how you like it when you get all those nice procs you should really like Nerve Venom nothing like a little CC on all of your damage spells
    Just wanted to drop some feedback and thank you again for taking the time to refer this build to me! It's been great to play and the added damage from the rainbow/double rainbow has solved the epic damage problem I was having - at least in part. (The unsolved part has to do with player factors, but more game time should clear that up!) I sometimes wonder whether I really NEED the paly levels (maybe go 18 sorc/2 fvs) but I haven't found a great use for the extra 2 levels of sorc so... staying put!

Moved some enhancements. I kept a +15 spell agility augment in my gear so that I could get an extra lay on hands Also, I passed on getting the other two eldritch weapons... Just the acid was enough for arcane spell failure reduction and +10 sp. Working my way up to nerve venom!

Gratefully,
    Tom

Default to DocTom

Just wanted to drop some feedback and thank you again for taking the time to refer this build to me! It's been great to play and the added damage from the rainbow/double rainbow has solved the epic damage problem I was having - at least in part. (The unsolved part has to do with player factors, but more game time should clear that up!) I sometimes wonder whether I really NEED the paly levels (maybe go 18 sorc/2 fvs) but I haven't found a great use for the extra 2 levels of sorc so... staying put!

Moved some enhancements. I kept a +15 spell agility augment in my gear so that I could get an extra lay on hands Also, I passed on getting the other two eldritch weapons... Just the acid was enough for arcane spell failure reduction and +10 sp. Working my way up to nerve venom!

Gratefully,
    Tom
    here is mine with the important stuff so you can see what I got at lev 28 though I have not played him since the all the new loot came out so it could be better. This is at lev 28

Community Member

I posted this build on another thread for someone looking for spell or spell like damage added to TWF damage but like to keep all my builds together so here is the Wardrake
    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.28.01
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Level 28 Lawful Neutral Human Male
    (2 Fighter \ 6 Monk \ 12 Warlock \ 10 Epic) 
    Hit Points: 316
    Spell Points: 782 
    BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
    Fortitude: 17
    Reflex: 18
    Will: 17

Starting            Ending          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats         Base Stats         Modified Stats
    (32 Point)       (Level 1)          (Level 28)           (Level 28)
    Strength              8                  8                    8
    Dexterity            16                 23                   23
    Constitution         14                 14                   16
    Intelligence          8                  8                    8
    Wisdom               14                 14                   14
    Charisma             16                 16                   16

Starting            Ending          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills        Base Skills        Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)          (Level 28)          (Level 28)
    Balance               3                  6                   16
    Bluff                 3                  3                   11
    Concentration         6                 24                   35
    Diplomacy             3                  3                   11
    Disable Device       n/a               n/a                    n/a
    Haggle                3                  3                   11
    Heal                  2                  2                   10
    Hide                  3                  6                   14
    Intimidate            3                  3                   11
    Jump                 -1                 -1                    9
    Listen                2                  2                   10
    Move Silently         3                  6                   14
    Open Lock             n/a               n/a                  n/a
    Perform               n/a               n/a                  n/a
    Repair               -1                 -1                    7
    Search               -1                 -1                    7
    Spellcraft            3                 22                   33
    Spot                  2                  2                   10
    Swim                 -1                 -1                    7
    Tumble                n/a               n/a                  n/a
    Use Magic Device      n/a                6                   24

Level 1 (Warlock)
    Skill: Concentration (+4)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+4)
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Spell
    Feat: (Human Bonus) Maximize Spell
    Pact: Fiend

Level 2 (Warlock)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)

Level 3 (Warlock)
    Feat: (Selected) Precision

Level 4 (Monk)
    Ability Raise: DEX
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+0.5)
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Two Weapon Fighting

Level 5 (Monk)
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Dodge

Level 6 (Monk)
    Feat: (Monk Path) Path of Harmonious Balance: Fists of Light
    Feat: (Selected) Two Weapon Defense

Level 7 (Monk)

Level 8 (Monk)

Level 9 (Monk)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Weapon Fighting
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Mobility

Level 10 (Warlock)

Level 11 (Warlock)

Level 12 (Warlock)
    Feat: (Selected) Master of Forms

Level 13 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Critical: Piercing Weapons

Level 14 (Warlock)

Level 15 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Selected) Extend Spell
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Two Weapon Fighting

Level 16 (Warlock)

Level 17 (Warlock)

Level 18 (Warlock)
    Feat: (Selected) Grandmaster of Forms

Level 19 (Warlock)

Level 20 (Warlock)

Level 21 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Overwhelming Critical

Level 22 (Epic)

Level 23 (Epic)

Level 24 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Epic Eldritch Blast

Level 25 (Epic)

Level 26 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Primal Sphere: Perfect Two Handed Fighting

Level 27 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Epic Damage Reduction

Level 28 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Arcane Sphere: Epic Mage Armor

Level 29 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Arcane or Martial: Arcane Warrior

Level 30 (Legendary)
    Feat: (Epic): Intensify Spell
    Feat: (Legendary): Scion of the Plane of Fire
    Enhancement: Human - Human Versatility: Damage Boost (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Eldritch Aura (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Aura of Courage (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Shape Vestments (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Aura of Menace (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Resilience of Body (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Spiritual Defense (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Spiritual Defense (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Spiritual Defense (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Spiritual Bastion (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Spiritual Bastion (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Spiritual Bastion (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Power of Enlightenment - Light I (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Power of Enlightenment - Light I (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Power of Enlightenment - Light I (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Eldritch Burst (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Eldritch Burst (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Eldritch Burst (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Spiritual Ward (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Spiritual Ward (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Spiritual Ward (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Power of Enlightenment - Light II (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Power of Enlightenment - Light II (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Power of Enlightenment - Light II (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Constitution (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Spiritual Retribution (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Spiritual Retribution (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Spiritual Retribution (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Constitution (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Spirit Blast (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Enlightened Spirit (Wlk) - Shining Through (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Soul Eater (Wlk) - Inhuman Deadliness (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Tainted Scholar (Wlk) - Tainted Spellcasting (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Tainted Scholar (Wlk) - Tainted Lore I (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Tainted Scholar (Wlk) - Stanch (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Tainted Scholar (Wlk) - Tainted Lore II (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Tainted Scholar (Wlk) - Planar Power (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Tainted Scholar (Wlk) - Planar Power (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Tainted Scholar (Wlk) - Planar Power (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Tainted Scholar (Wlk) - Feigned Health (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Tainted Scholar (Wlk) - Feigned Health (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Tainted Scholar (Wlk) - Feigned Health (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Tainted Scholar (Wlk) - Strong Pact I (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Tainted Scholar (Wlk) - Eldritch Focus (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Tainted Scholar (Wlk) - Eldritch Focus (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Tainted Scholar (Wlk) - Eldritch Focus (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Tainted Scholar (Wlk) - Utterdark Blast (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Tainted Scholar (Wlk) - Strong Pact II (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Tainted Scholar (Wlk) - Strong Pact III (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Ninja Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Ninja Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Sneak Attack Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Acrobatic (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Acrobatic (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Bastion of Purity (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Protection from Tainted Creatures (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Iron Hand (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Deft Strikes (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Deft Strikes (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Deft Strikes (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Iron Skin (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Iron Skin (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Iron Skin (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Henshin Mystic (Mnk) - Riddle of Fire (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Henshin Mystic (Mnk) - All-Consuming Flame (Rank 1)
    ED: Draconic Incarnation
    Twist:
    - A Dance of Flowers
    - Consecration
    - Sacred Ground
    ED: Grandmaster of Flowers
    Twist:
    - Energy Burst (fire)
    - Consecration
    - Sacred Ground
    Hi Kent.
    This build sound really funny.
    Do you have some more details to it, how it should be played?
    I am completely new to monk life.
    Thanks in advance
    LuZi

Default to mrtreats

Quote Originally Posted by mrtreats View Post
    Hi im getting bored with my builds so looking to try some new stuff my next few lives stumbled onto your post figured maybe you could help me with an idea. I must start by saying all my gear is unarmed mnk based so most lives are mnk splash so I don't have to farm gear. below is a list of what I got done and I also have +7 tome in all stats I have been getting Pl with my iconic and if non iconic its ETR/TR to save time again just looking for something fresh to get fast lives

Lives
    Monk 1/4
    Wizard 1/1
    Fighter 3/3
    Paladin 1/3
    Barbarian 1/3
    Artificer 1/3
    Ranger 1/3
    Druid 1/1
    Cleric 1/1
    Rouge 1/3
    Bard 1/1
    Favored Soul 1/1
    Sorcerer 1/1
    Warlock 1/3
    Done 16/31

Completionist 3/15

Iconic Lives

Bladeforged 2/3
    Morninglord 0/3
    Purple Dragon Knight 0/3
    Shadar-Kai 1/3
    3/12

Epic Lives

Arcane 03
    Divine 0/3
    Martial 1/3
    Primal 2/3
    3/12

Final Life 20 Light Monk
    well I don't do frame work builds goes against my each build should be special but I could give a go at different builds for your lives as you go. For now to start with something with a twist from just monking it up but still keeping some of your gear useful take a look at "Angg The last Air bender druid/monk" on page one it is kinda like move like a monk sting like a druid it needs updating but not much and could rebuild it for you with your PL list and tomes you gave and that would do for one of your druid lives. "Wardrake" on page 15 is good to go for a warlock life but is short sword centered build if that is ok. If neither is good for you now tell me what life you do want to do first and I will start there.

Default To lusi

Quote Originally Posted by luzi View Post
    Hi Kent.
    This build sound really funny.
    Do you have some more details to it, how it should be played?
    I am completely new to monk life.
    Thanks in advance
    LuZi
    Well as I said that build was for someone that wanted "AA style melee build" and had some criteria he wanted filled and i did my best to do so but he seemed to want to go with a bard build in the end that did not fill most of it this was my last post there

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Ligraph View Post
    Why Monk levels? Seems like Swashbuckler is significantly stronger atm. Would definitely look for something similar to this post-monk pass, but for now, not sure how it's dps will be.
    Well lets see why this is not what you where looking for:
    "Rely mostly on elemental damage. Not a huge requirement, but nice." {check}
    "Have some type of spellcasting aspect. Whether this is actual spellcasting, warlock aura, monk finishing moves, etc. doesn't really matter."{check}
    "TWF would be very nice."{check}
    "LE viable dps." {to be seen but i think so}
    "Why Monk levels?" well with grandmaster you get 2d20 elemental ki attacks, dex to dam so not just putting dex to 17 for GTWF and still needing another stat for fighting, grand master of earth that + 4 to con looks good with a warlock using shining through not to mention what else it gets you. Most of all gets all wanted from it with vary little AP spent on those pre-monk pass trees. Now that did seam to be a catch point for you so lets see where I might have wasted those AP
    Henshin Mystic: spent 3 AP
    +5 fire SP (your primary elemental damage type)
    +5 force SP (part of your Aura damage)
    1% fire & force crit
    2 fire resistance & -2 fire resistance for your enemies
    ki strike that makes your enemy take 10% more fire damage for 30 seconds.
    well that seems well spent
    Shintao: Spent 15 AP
    +30 Positive healing power
    +15 % healing amp
    +10% off hand attacks (for total of 90% with GTWF)
    +15 PRR when in earth stance
    Have gotten less for 15 AP so not here
    Ninja Spy: Spent 6 AP (must be here)
    Dex to Hit & Damage
    1d6 BS
    +2 balance, jump, tumble, and dodge
    all for only 6 AP humm no not here
    Well I can't find it. spent all the rest of the AP on warlock goodies even had the feats to get Max & Emp to back up the Eldritch Burst & Spirit Blast. To top it off had Shining through and 4th core in both ES & TS. Ya I might of went another way if I didn't try to get you all you asked for.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To answer your question mrtreats play style is from lev 1-6 you go blasting like a caster picking up enhancements to that end (Eldritch Blast Shape: Chain, Strong Pact, and so on) then at lev 6 reset so you can go melee get dex to hit & dam with short swords from the Ninja tree and work your way up Enlightened Spirit tree.
    That being said the build is fine the way it is but if you tell me what "you" are looking for or even what you like or if you have less criteria you want me to hit on I would love to make a build to suit you
    Last edited by Kentpb; 02-23-2016 at 04:05 PM.

Community Member

Well as I said that build was for someone that wanted "AA style melee build" and had some criteria he wanted filled and i did my best to do so but he seemed to want to go with a bard build in the end that did not fill most of it this was my last post there

To answer your question mrtreats play style is from lev 1-6 you go blasting like a caster picking up enhancements to that end (Eldritch Blast Shape: Chain, Strong Pact, and so on) then at lev 6 reset so you can go melee get dex to hit & dam with short swords from the Ninja tree and work your way up Enlightened Spirit tree.
    That being said the build is fine the way it is but if you tell me what "you" are looking for or even what you like or if you have less criteria you want me to hit on I would love to make a build to suit you
    To be honest it's very complicated with my "visions".

Overall I really like Warlock/Trapping and TWF. SWF could be an option. I want to start with lvl 7 or ICONIC could be an option.
    I tried many builds, but for Trapping you need INT. (Currently running a Art1/War8, but with no Weapon feats. Focused on trapping and ES tree)
    I am VIP, Veteran7, all Classes & Races & ICONICS unlocked.
    *edit* Only 32Point build and no PLs...

If you have good ideas, I would appriciate it. Always enjoy reading your customer builds.
    Last edited by luzi; 02-24-2016 at 04:37 AM.

Community Member

To be honest it's very complicated with my "visions".

Overall I really like Warlock/Trapping and TWF. SWF could be an option. I want to start with lvl 7 or ICONIC could be an option.
    I tried many builds, but for Trapping you need INT. (Currently running a Art1/War8, but with no Weapon feats. Focused on trapping and ES tree)
    I am VIP, Veteran7, all Classes & Races & ICONICS unlocked.
    *edit* Only 32Point build and no PLs...

If you have good ideas, I would appriciate it. Always enjoy reading your customer builds.
    I am not that familiar in building custom chars, but something like that? Could this work?

Code:
    WarTrapTWF
    15/3/2 Warlock/Fighter/Rogue
    True Neutral Human

Level Order

1. Rogue           6. Warlock        11. Warlock        16. Warlock
    2. Warlock         7. Warlock        12. Fighter        17. Warlock
    3. Warlock         8. Rogue          13. Warlock        18. Warlock
    4. Warlock         9. Fighter        14. Fighter        19. Warlock
    5. Warlock        10. Warlock        15. Warlock        20. Warlock

Stats
                   32pt     Tome     Level Up
                   ----     ----     --------
    Strength         8       +2       4: INT
    Dexterity       15       +2       8: INT
    Constitution    14       +2      12: INT
    Intelligence    16       +2      16: INT
    Wisdom           8       +2      20: INT
    Charisma        15       +2      24: INT
                                     28: INT

Skills
              R  W  W  W  W  W  W  R  F  W  W  F  W  F  W  W  W  W  W  W
              1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
             ------------------------------------------------------------
    Spellcr   1  3  2  1  1  1        ½  1  1  1  1  ½  3  1  1  1  1  1  22
    Disable   4        1           6  ½  1  1  1  1  1  ½  1  1  1  1  1  22
    Open Lo   4  1        1  1  1  3  1  1  1     1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  22
    Spot      4     1  ½  1  1  1½ 2  1  1  ½  1  1  ½  1  1  1  1  1  1  22
    Search    4     1  1  1  1  1  2  1  ½  1  1  ½  1     1  1  1  1  1  21
    UMD       4  1     1           1                                       7
    Balance   4                                                            4
    Jump      4                                                            4
    Swim      4                                                            4
    Listen    3                                                            3
    Concent   2                                                            2
    Heal      2                                                            2
    Perform   1                                                            1
    Tumble    1                                                            1
             48  6  6  7  7  7  7 14  8  8  8  8  8  8  8  9  9  9  9  9

Feats

1        : Two Weapon Fighting
     1 Human  : Force of Personality
     2 Warlock: Pact: Fiend
     3        : Empower Spell
     6        : Maximize Spell
     9        : Quicken Spell
     9 Fighter: Improved Two Weapon Fighting
    12        : Extend Spell
    12 Fighter: Improved Critical: Slashing
    15        : Greater Two Weapon Fighting
    18        : Insightful Reflexes
    21 Epic   : Overwhelming Critical
    24 Epic   : Epic Eldritch Blast
    26 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
    27 Epic   : Intensify Spell
    28 Destiny: Epic Arcane Eldritch Blast
    29 Destiny: Arcane Warrior
    30 Epic   : Wellspring of Power
    30 Legend : Scion of: Plane of Fire

Spells

Warlock

1. Expeditious Retreat, Jump, Command
    2. Blur, Sleet Storm, Rage
    3. Haste, Dimension Door, Fire Shield
    4. Evard's Black Tentacles, Hold Monster, Binding Chain
    5. Tenser's Transformation
    Enhancements (80 AP) Enlightened Spirit (40 AP)
    • Eldritch Aura, Aura of Courage, Shape Vestments, Aura of Menace
      1. Resilience of Body I, Spiritual Defense III
      2. Resist Energies III, Spiritual Bastion III, Power of Enlightenment III, Shield
      3. Eldritch Burst III, Spiritual Ward III, Power of Enlightenment III
      4. Spiritual Retribution III, Brilliance
      5. Spirit Blast II, Beacon, Shining Through, Displacement
    Tainted Scholar (14 AP)
    • Tainted Spellcasting, Tainted Lore, Stanch
      1. Feigned Health III, Strong Pact
      2. Utterdark Blast, Strong Pact
      3. Strong Pact
    Stalwart Defender (13 AP)
    • Toughness, Stalwart Defense
      1. Durable Defense III, Stalwart Defensive Mastery II
      2. Resilient Defense III
      3. Tenacious Defense III
    Harper Agent (12 AP)
    • Agent of Good I, Intelligence
      1. Harper Enchantment, Strategic Combat
      2. Know the Angles III
      3. Strategic Combat
    Human (1 AP)
    • Damage Boost

Community Member

here is mine with the important stuff so you can see what I got at lev 28 though I have not played him since the all the new loot came out so it could be better. This is at lev 28
    LOL I may need to take a graduate course in DDO to fully get this all down! Thanks for sharing those screenies. If you're ever trying to fill up some free time, I'd GREATLY appreciate the details of the rest of your gear. As you might remember from your own early playing days, it can be quite a challenge to get the right benefits in the right slots. That said, I understand that this thread is for unique builds for skilled players - not a manual for teaching noobs to play your skilled creations!

All the best to you!
    Tom

Community Member

I am not that familiar in building custom chars, but something like that? Could this work?

Code:
    WarTrapTWF
    15/3/2 Warlock/Fighter/Rogue
    True Neutral Human

Level Order

1. Rogue           6. Warlock        11. Warlock        16. Warlock
    2. Warlock         7. Warlock        12. Fighter        17. Warlock
    3. Warlock         8. Rogue          13. Warlock        18. Warlock
    4. Warlock         9. Fighter        14. Fighter        19. Warlock
    5. Warlock        10. Warlock        15. Warlock        20. Warlock

Stats
                   32pt     Tome     Level Up
                   ----     ----     --------
    Strength         8       +2       4: INT
    Dexterity       15       +2       8: INT
    Constitution    14       +2      12: INT
    Intelligence    16       +2      16: INT
    Wisdom           8       +2      20: INT
    Charisma        15       +2      24: INT
                                     28: INT

Skills
              R  W  W  W  W  W  W  R  F  W  W  F  W  F  W  W  W  W  W  W
              1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    Spellcr   1  3  2  1  1  1        ½  1  1  1  1  ½  3  1  1  1  1  1  22
    Disable   4        1           6  ½  1  1  1  1  1  ½  1  1  1  1  1  22
    Open Lo   4  1        1  1  1  3  1  1  1     1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  22
    Spot      4     1  ½  1  1  1½ 2  1  1  ½  1  1  ½  1  1  1  1  1  1  22
    Search    4     1  1  1  1  1  2  1  ½  1  1  ½  1     1  1  1  1  1  21
    UMD       4  1     1           1                                       7
    Balance   4                                                            4
    Jump      4                                                            4
    Swim      4                                                            4
    Listen    3                                                            3
    Concent   2                                                            2
    Heal      2                                                            2
    Perform   1                                                            1
    Tumble    1                                                            1
             48  6  6  7  7  7  7 14  8  8  8  8  8  8  8  9  9  9  9  9

Feats

1        : Two Weapon Fighting
     1 Human  : Force of Personality
     2 Warlock: Pact: Fiend
     3        : Empower Spell
     6        : Maximize Spell
     9        : Quicken Spell
     9 Fighter: Improved Two Weapon Fighting
    12        : Extend Spell
    12 Fighter: Improved Critical: Slashing
    15        : Greater Two Weapon Fighting
    18        : Insightful Reflexes
    21 Epic   : Overwhelming Critical
    24 Epic   : Epic Eldritch Blast
    26 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
    27 Epic   : Intensify Spell
    28 Destiny: Epic Arcane Eldritch Blast
    29 Destiny: Arcane Warrior
    30 Epic   : Wellspring of Power
    30 Legend : Scion of: Plane of Fire

Spells

Warlock

1. Expeditious Retreat, Jump, Command
    2. Blur, Sleet Storm, Rage
    3. Haste, Dimension Door, Fire Shield
    4. Evard's Black Tentacles, Hold Monster, Binding Chain
    5. Tenser's Transformation
    Enhancements (80 AP) Enlightened Spirit (40 AP)
    • Eldritch Aura, Aura of Courage, Shape Vestments, Aura of Menace
      1. Resilience of Body I, Spiritual Defense III
      2. Resist Energies III, Spiritual Bastion III, Power of Enlightenment III, Shield
      3. Eldritch Burst III, Spiritual Ward III, Power of Enlightenment III
      4. Spiritual Retribution III, Brilliance
      5. Spirit Blast II, Beacon, Shining Through, Displacement
    Tainted Scholar (14 AP)
    • Tainted Spellcasting, Tainted Lore, Stanch
      1. Feigned Health III, Strong Pact
      2. Utterdark Blast, Strong Pact
      3. Strong Pact
    Stalwart Defender (13 AP)
    • Toughness, Stalwart Defense
      1. Durable Defense III, Stalwart Defensive Mastery II
      2. Resilient Defense III
      3. Tenacious Defense III
    Harper Agent (12 AP)
    • Agent of Good I, Intelligence
      1. Harper Enchantment, Strategic Combat
      2. Know the Angles III
      3. Strategic Combat
    Human (1 AP)
    • Damage Boost
    Hopefully Kent won't mind if I cut in here.

That build should certainly be reasonably viable (although you won't be able to benefit from both tenacious defence and evasion due to the armour requirements). It will definitely be pretty tanky, between Stalwart Defender and ES enhancements (especially Shining Thorugh).

You'll also want to make sure you keep your search at maximum (it takes priority over spot and open lock)

If you're going to a go for a trap capable melee warlock, I'd like to direct you towards my current build (which is posted a couple of pages back). Its a 15/3/2 Warlock/Bard/Arti.

Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast