Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Default shadar kai acrobat help

hey guys

i just bought shadar kai because it was on sale yesterday
    and i wanted to build a dex based acrobat shadar kai but i dont know where to start

is it viable if it will be a first life toon with 32 points, no tomes and no monk levels(i dont have)?

some points that i have been wondering about are if its worth to invest in str for THF and if there is a good multiclass besides monk or i should stick to pure rogue

every advice is appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by maayan2003 View Post
    Start here:- https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ht=stick+build

only 119 pages. If you have a more specific idea in mind search 'stick build'.

Not being funny, but building and reasearching the build is the fun part for me. If looking for a starter stick build look at https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...or-New-Players its a halfling, but shouldnt be difficult to adapt.

Emi

Community Member

some points that i have been wondering about are if its worth to invest in str for THF and if there is a good multiclass besides monk or i should stick to pure rogue
    Using a staff character is fine so long as you have 1 level of Rogue and then either Rogue5 or Monk5. The other levels can be whatever... Paladin15 is fine, Barbarian is fine, Rogue is fine too. Even Wizard levels would work (although that'd be a bit silly)

Aside from remembering to get Rog1 and Rog5/Monk5, the second most important thing is knowing what Quarterstaff items to use. You need supercrit Quarterstaffs, or may as well not bother. That means one that are 20/x3, 19-20x2, or even better 18-20x2. Learn where to get them and what levels they require!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scrabbler View Post
    Using a staff character is fine so long as you have 1 level of Rogue and then either Rogue5 or Monk5. The other levels can be whatever... Paladin15 is fine, Barbarian is fine, Rogue is fine too. Even Wizard levels would work (although that'd be a bit silly)

Aside from remembering to get Rog1 and Rog5/Monk5, the second most important thing is knowing what Quarterstaff items to use. You need supercrit Quarterstaffs, or may as well not bother. That means one that are 20/x3, 19-20x2, or even better 18-20x2. Learn where to get them and what levels they require!
    Hey, i dont think my harper acrowiz is silly! Wouldnt make any sense dexbased, though. Paladin is better on a str acro, and shadar kai has 2 less cha, but 12 rogue with some pally and/or fighter is probably the way to go. Monk would be an improvement with wind stance but not strictly necessary.
    Zeugen der Dreizehn, Thelanis:
    Makkuroi, chain TR: currently drow pure caster warlock
    PLs: Completionist; 3xWiz, Sor; 2x Pal, Brd, Monk EPLs: 3x CotQ,Brc,DS,EW,EC 1xFH,PLD ; IPLs: 2x BF; 3x PDK, SDK

Community Member

hey guys

i just bought shadar kai because it was on sale yesterday
    and i wanted to build a dex based acrobat shadar kai but i dont know where to start

is it viable if it will be a first life toon with 32 points, no tomes and no monk levels(i dont have)?

Paladin is a currently powerful class and new player friendly because it gives good defenses, dps and self heals that complement very well the rogue class, for example a Paladin 18/rogue 2 is a good splash for acrobat builds, could use Kotc and sacred defender enhancements with few acrobat for quick strike, haste boost and thieft acrobatics. Can go str based beacause you get the help of divine might to add your charisma bonus to str.

if want to do traps can go Paladin 15/rogue 5 so you can help your skill points taking a rogue lvl every 3 paladin lvls and investing a little bit on intelligence.

Main stats 16 str, 14 cha, 14 con, 14 int (if going for traps), lvl ups on str or cha
    Important feats: power attack, Two handed fighting, empower healing, improved critical bludgeon, quicken, Ithf, gthf, Overwhelming critical, etc