Page 53 of 144 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2872
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    and Unique/Named loot STILL doesnt have N/H/E tiers anymore.

I'll let ya know if I hear of anyone actually leaving.
    Just as I thought. Intentionally missing the point and already have your eyes and ears closed to the people who already have and are leaving. Kind of hard to care about your opinion at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironforge_Clan View Post
    Why should the rewards system be the same? Honestly why should someone who plays without a challenge be awarded the same as someone who does? So your answer is that "everyone gets a trophy just for showing up"? That is absolute garbage.
    Perhaps you missed my snarkiness.

But thanks for proving why check boxes is a bad idea.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCaedus View Post
    Yeah that never happens. The people that keep saying nobody will leave DDO are right as evidenced by the server populations.
    o.O

so your contention is "Of course people leave! Look at the population!

and yet the game has gotten easier and easier since 2009..... Its peak....
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

It's not the first time you've made a ridiculous claim like this.
    probably wont be the last either. But if a checkbox is added to this option, I'll Quit the game!

you do realize we've been asking for a checkbox to disable dungeon scaling since it came out right?

Quote Originally Posted by Albinosaurus View Post
    Just as I thought. Intentionally missing the point and already have your eyes and ears closed to the people who already have and are leaving. Kind of hard to care about your opinion at this point.
    what did I miss? where is the tiered loot in recent content?
    Last edited by Impaqt; 12-15-2014 at 03:31 PM.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    When you frame it like this, it occurs to me that a checkbox might actually work:

[ ] Champions and bravery
    [ ] No champions and no bravery

The "no bravery" would simply suppress your streak, not break it, similar to how having someone overlevel in the party works.
    Great Idea! ^^^ Champion = BB, No Champs = no BB.

That way even the Vets can turn off Champions for Coyle or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I'm just quoting this for posterity.

Remember, people: Sorcs are infinitely worse off than they were three years ago!
    Yes, I mean that the difference goes on until the end of the Known Universe.

Ok, maybe not INFINITELY better off :-D

How about new people would be much better off back when there was Normal groups, if they had to run Normal, then they are with +10 Spell Power?

Less hyperbolic?

But you tell me...

Why do you need to have 'Storehouse Secret" and "Butchers' Path" Heroic Hard have Champions soooo bad that you are willing to risk making the experience for our newest players potentially frustrating?

Will you run those quest Heroic Hard ever again?

Farm them, do you?

o.O

Look, you are right. When you are right, you are right.

The game has lost players because it has gotten way too easy and rote.

But we are unintentionally taking out the wrong people.

What we should address is the fact that people solo Raids like it was "Arachnophobia", even on EE!

That's the problem!

How do champions help that?

EE Champions is good. A good start at least.

But I have been running Heroic Champions the last few days on a TR. It's only marginally harder for me with my gear and PLs but I can really see how it will mess up a new person just because it's so random.

So what has been solved here?

EE? -Credit where credit is due. EE is better

Raids? - not one iota.

Heroic? - Not really solved for the Vet, Worse for the New Guy.

Let's stop pretending any of the people who have been Steamrolling this game last few years are slowed down by Champs at all.

How about we actually try to balance the game by <gasp> nerfing some of these destinies, enhancements and gear?

I mean, really!

You get ALL your destiny benefits AS SOON AS YOU HIT LEVEL 20?

So in a level 20 party, one guy has No Destiny and another guy has Full Destiny with all Twists already working?

And we wonder why the divide of power is so great and hard to account and balance for?
    Last edited by phillymiket; 12-15-2014 at 03:52 PM.
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps.

Community Member kafrielveddicus's Avatar

you do realize that a checkbox to turn the system on and off is never going to happen?
    Actually no i dont, and I will keep promoting it, permadeathers dont care for one shot deaths that happen regardless of skill or gear.

And i am figuring most other fun seekers dont care either, its just simply a money grab for DDO to squeeze people for money because people will need to get rez cakes and such from the DDO store because they are so close to getting that favor, and to have mobs take just a little bit slower to kill so that those earning favor to get DDO store points find it more tedious, its really more or less a pathetic play on all those players.

Impaqt, I have been VIP since 3 months after the game came out, i have been thru all the painful WOW like changes, Evasion change, Puncturing Change, Dungeon Alert Change, Dungeon Scaling Change, Grazing Blows Change, PRR and MRR changes. Even remember arguing with you Impact in the very beginning of the game about having TOUCH AC like pen and Paper for Ray spells like Scorching Ray!

I have enjoyed the game for many years, but this one will be the deal breaker for me, and it is not all that bad I am sure it will feel like a relief when I have all that time I spent gaming free to do other things, it just will be a slight life shift, they are always fun and interesting.
    Guild: PD Halls of Valhalla on Ghallanda Level 63, Website: http://valhallans.proboards.com/
    Casualnarc Epic TR 2nd Life Level 9, Repentnarc 16, Gatlingnarc 15, Snipernarc 14, Banknarc 13, Airnarc 12, Braverynarc 11, Lednarc 11, Tempestnarc 11, Holynarc 9, Repeatnarc 6, Ebuttonnarc 6 <-ALL WITH ZERO DEATHS

o.O

THIS!!!

Obviously making the game easy has not kept people...

I think making the game harder is worth a shot.

Toons - Ziffin / Hirtz / Mheka / Duskh
    Guild - High Lords of Malkier
    Server - Sarlona

Community Member

o.O

The game population didn't go down because the 1% that think they are uber left the game. The population went down because other casual-friendly options have become available in the past few years and DDO was slow to make the game work for everyone. They've done a terrific job lately, but this will undo all the progress they made in that regard.

2015 DDO Players Council Ironforge_Clan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albinosaurus View Post
    People who are threatening to leave over this (or as you would believe...are leaving over this) are not the people that this game relies on. The people threatening to leave are those types of people who want to come into a game and "win" with little effort and be as good as the person who has invested years playing. I say good riddance since there are still some of us left around from the VERY early days and have had to put up with the dumbing down of this game to satisfy the lowest common denominator.

If the game gets harder then that is a good thing. Is their new system "perfect" no but when have they ever rolled out something that didn't need to be tweaked/hotfixed? It will get fixed eventually and if people can't wait for that then too **** bad. Personally the challenge is very welcoming and imho only needs a few very minor tweaks.
    Axebiter, Cujo, Runeforge, Runefury, Runegoth, Runehealer, Runehamer, Runehorde, Runenight, Runesongs, Runezephyr
    And the forgotten: Runeaura, Runedevourer, Herstinkie, Runewolf,
    Caught somewhere between casual player and power gamer.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Let me get this straight: You want to be able to walk in elite, first life, lootgen, and stand still while spamming attack/spell and win every time? Because that sounds like what you are asking for.
    Nope. I didn't say anything like that at all. Don't make assumptions for which there is no evidence.

2nd lifers can't open elite either. And not all first lifers have poor gear. A well-geared, well-built, first life toon should be able to run elite in a group. My first life toons are all well-geared and capable, and are regularly invited to run elite quests. Most players I run with think they have multiple lives under their belts, and are surprised when they find out they are first lifers. My first life wizard can stone the mobs & beholders in EN MoD, something a lot of multi-life wizards cannot do.

And since I just told you I run MoD, you know I have no objection to dying in a quest, multiple times if necessary. Just to constant wipes. I'm willing to do even that for a limited time, if that's what it takes to figure out a new raid or quest. But to turn an ordinary quest into a constant wipe-fest, that is not fun.

I play smart, my toons are properly geared, I generally play in groups, don't usually solo if I can avoid it (my personal preference, I like the social aspect). What I'm asking for is a game that is playable. Not one where multiple champions spawn around your group and one shot the whole group before you can do anything. Right now it's a roll of the dice as to whether you get an instance with a decent spawn rate for champions, or one where it's ridiculous. Get rid of ridiculous, and while I still won't like champions, I probably won't quit playing. TBD on what the devs do.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kafrielveddicus View Post
    Actually no i dont, and I will keep promoting it, permadeathers dont care for one shot deaths that happen regardless of skill or gear.

And i am figuring most other fun seekers dont care either, its just simply a money grab for DDO to squeeze people for money because people will need to get rez cakes and such from the DDO store because they are so close to getting that favor, and to have mobs take just a little bit slower to kill so that those earning favor to get DDO store points find it more tedious, its really more or less a pathetic play on all those players.

Impaqt, I have been VIP since 3 months after the game came out, i have been thru all the painful WOW like changes, Evasion change, Puncturing Change, Dungeon Alert Change, Dungeon Scaling Change, Grazing Blows Change, PRR and MRR changes. Even remember arguing with you Impact in the very beginning of the game about having TOUCH AC like pen and Paper for Ray spells like Scorching Ray!

I have enjoyed the game for many years, but this one will be the deal breaker for me, and it is not all that bad I am sure it will feel like a relief when I have all that time I spent gaming free to do other things, it just will be a slight life shift, they are always fun and interesting.
    This should be a general topic discussion every day until the checkbox is added or it's removed. Although my guess is most people won't wait around very long on this issue. People won't just live with this for 6 months like they have in the past. Turbine has a very small window to make this right.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMageT View Post
    I wonder if people actually read what they have written before actually posting.

I am guessing not!
    Actually, I wonder the same thing. And I guess not as well.

I'll let ya know if I hear of anyone actually leaving.
    Pictures speak a thousand words... or you can continue to cover your ears lalalalalalala cant hear anyone leaving.....

Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

The game population didn't go down because the 1% that think they are uber left the game. The population went down because other casual-friendly options have become available in the past few years and DDO was slow to make the game work for everyone. They've done a terrific job lately, but this will undo all the progress they made in that regard.
    Is turbine publishing their exit surveys somewhere?
    Thelanis

Sev~

Default Check Box

a check box seriously? go ahead and add one for the boss thats actually tougher than the champion too while your at it. also add one for all the traps too. i dont have fun dodging traps. oh also for red names. they take too long. oh also add one for sp usage. i dont have fun running out of sp. oh and one to have AI play the game for you as well. all this running around stuff is so tedioius. also, its sooo not fun to die, there should be a god mode check box as well............
    Proud leader of The Forgotten Creed of Argo. long live PNP & Gary Gygax immortalized.
    Main: Alumut of Argonnessen

Community Member

um.. what about all the people who arent "uber" but still like this new system?
    There will be some non ubers like myself who like the idea and feel the implementation is close but needs tuned down from where it is now in one or more ways:

- figure out a way to reduce the likelyhood of clusters of champions (e.g. only one per "group") and leave them as they are now, OR

- leave them at current spawn rates but reduce the damage any single champion can do below one-two shot kill levels. From what I can see just adjusting the possible spike damage down by ~25% or so may be enough. Extra review given to certain characteristics like light damage or multi-shot/aoe spells that can add random elemental damage per shot/tick.

I also doubt they'll add a checkbox but as far as I can see it really is the best solution:

- ubers gain a new difficulty level above what they've had available before

- non ubers keep playing at the difficulty levels they had already risen to and perhaps mastered (for some players that still includes normal and hard, not everyone runs elite).

- as a bonus we would have had another way for players to incrementally step up difficulties, which has long been a complaint re: the too-wide gap between certain difficulties. Hard got too easy but Elite is too hard? Try hard + champions. Elite + champions is too hard? Stick with elite til you're ready for the added challenge of champions. In a similar way, a player would be able to select a combination differently for different quests. Particularly challenging quests may have been enough of a challenge on "plain" elite or "plain" hard, but other quests the player has mastered at those difficulties could now be run with the added champions for a smaller incremental step in challenge.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Pictures speak a thousand words... or you can continue to cover your ears lalalalalalala cant hear anyone leaving.....

and every update within that chart made the game easier.... makes ya think.....
    Thelanis

Sev~

Community Member kafrielveddicus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ironforge_Clan View Post
    People who are threatening to leave over this (or as you would believe...are leaving over this) are not the people that this game relies on. The people threatening to leave are those types of people who want to come into a game and "win" with little effort and be as good as the person who has invested years playing. I say good riddance since there are still some of us left around from the VERY early days and have had to put up with the dumbing down of this game to satisfy the lowest common denominator.

If the game gets harder then that is a good thing. Is their new system "perfect" no but when have they ever rolled out something that didn't need to be tweaked/hotfixed? It will get fixed eventually and if people can't wait for that then too **** bad. Personally the challenge is very welcoming and imho only needs a few very minor tweaks.
    LOL you didnt read my post I have been here since the start (ok 3 months in), dont look at my join date of my 2nd account!

I was on the Xoriat Server that became Thelanis, and i havent bothered to try to play epic content so how "Winning" am I.

I am just happy to enjoy the game, this change has made the part of the game that you roll thru in a couple of days, completely unenjoyable.

As far as your contribution to the game, i doubt you spend a single penny with your points earned from multiple lives, doubt you are even vip? Prove me wrong on that point!!!!!!!!!!

I was VIP and also spent over $100 on Double points last time the special was offered, those are the people that contribute to the game not those that multi life and never spend a dime!

You have no clue about all the different varieties of players that are playing the game, take off your blindfold!
    Guild: PD Halls of Valhalla on Ghallanda Level 63, Website: http://valhallans.proboards.com/
    Casualnarc Epic TR 2nd Life Level 9, Repentnarc 16, Gatlingnarc 15, Snipernarc 14, Banknarc 13, Airnarc 12, Braverynarc 11, Lednarc 11, Tempestnarc 11, Holynarc 9, Repeatnarc 6, Ebuttonnarc 6 <-ALL WITH ZERO DEATHS

2015 DDO Players Council Ironforge_Clan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -D_Rock- View Post
    a check box seriously? go ahead and add one for the boss thats actually tougher than the champion too while your at it. also add one for all the traps too. i dont have fun dodging traps. oh also for red names. they take too long. oh also add one for sp usage. i dont have fun running out of sp. oh and one to have AI play the game for you as well. all this running around stuff is so tedioius. also, its sooo not fun to die, there should be a god mode check box as well............
    lol...qft...priceless!

+1
    Axebiter, Cujo, Runeforge, Runefury, Runegoth, Runehealer, Runehamer, Runehorde, Runenight, Runesongs, Runezephyr
    And the forgotten: Runeaura, Runedevourer, Herstinkie, Runewolf,
    Caught somewhere between casual player and power gamer.

Community Member

Is turbine publishing their exit surveys somewhere?
    I am sorry if the math is hard, but the 1% that think they are uber have a maximum impact of 1% on the population. the player loss didn't come from the "elites".

Page 53 of 144 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast