I would like to see more interesting champ buffs e.g.

-A broader range of standard player-available buffs (not ship buffs, but deathward, blur, true seeing, range, haste etc) - a single champ with lots of these kinds of buffs pre-cast should not be that uncommon.
-'buffs' which change the champs behaviour, e.g. 'I take double threat from ranged/spell/melee (del as applicable) attacks', 'I am chaotic, and my threat will reset every ten seconds' 'When I get to 50% health, my aggro will reset and I will take double threat from ranged attacks',
-'trigger buffs' e.g. 'when i get to 80% health I do an AOE Sonic with (fort save) stun affect', 'when i get to 50% health my armour penetration doubles', 'if I make a save then for 3 secs I gain extra att/damage or I get +X dodge', 'when I successfully trip, the target must make a fortitude save or also be stunned. The stun ends once a successful balance check is made for the target to recover their feet'.

None of the extra damage or hit point effects should make a champ super tough. Those "player buffs" should do a lot of the work.

Of course, whether any of that could be done without lag or horribly breaking AI... well. I wouldn't know.