Page 130 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 2872

Quote Originally Posted by Bladebolt View Post
    OK, I don't know if this happened to anyone else but it is quite funny!

Yesterday as I was experimenting on a built running EE end of the road, after I killed a Champion it started raining tasty hams!
    I got about 40 of them....

If it's a bug it is one of the funniest!
    Colors of the queen past life or shiradi can do that, but rarely.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    Colors of the queen past life or shiradi can do that, but rarely.
    Well I didn't know that! thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    Champions in their current state are a freaking nightmare in low level heroics, I ran the 3rd part of STK yesterday and there was a Large Earth Elemental who was CR11 (quest is level 6 on Elite) and had over 2,500 HP! The thing hit so hard is was beyond a joke and that is just one instance! I have run across 3-5 champions in the same room with other mobs plus bosses!

I propose the following:
    1. Red and Orange named bosses can not become champions... ever!
    2. If a aforementioned boss is in a room no other monsters can become champions.
    3. Monster groups must consist of at least 4 monsters before a champ can spawn, if one does then it is the ONLY ONE!
    4. Levels 1-10 (approx) need to have the HP cut down in half along with the damage they do.
    5. Overall reduce spawn rates so every corner doesn't have a champion or a multitude thereof!

Stoner81.
    100% agree /signed

Champions in their current state are a freaking nightmare in low level heroics, I ran the 3rd part of STK yesterday and there was a Large Earth Elemental who was CR11 (quest is level 6 on Elite) and had over 2,500 HP! The thing hit so hard is was beyond a joke and that is just one instance! I have run across 3-5 champions in the same room with other mobs plus bosses!

I propose the following:
    2. If a aforementioned boss is in a room no other monsters can become champions.
    3. Monster groups must consist of at least 4 monsters before a champ can spawn, if one does then it is the ONLY ONE!
    4. Levels 1-10 (approx) need to have the HP cut down in half along with the damage they do.
    5. Overall reduce spawn rates so every corner doesn't have a champion or a multitude thereof!

Stoner81.
    Ha ha is this for real. I have done 2 heroic lives and been pounding ee's on my main since champs came out. Other than high end ee's it's hard to tell there even there. They need to go back to pre nerf on elite to make them interesting. Right now they are not even a reason to slow down.

Community Member

Unhappy

I just cancelled my vip subscription after 4 and half years with DDO ..... The rampant lag, constant bugs, borks and the ridiculous Champions make playing sometimes impossible and more often unenjoyable ...... I have bought my wife and myself every pack released and have gone from playing at least 4 hours a day to barely 4 hours this week, because soloing is so tedious and slow now (10 quest completions per session down to 2 or 3 per session) it is not fun or challenging just frustrating. I have also noticed there are quite often 1 or 2 lfms when I am able to logon instead of the 6 to 10 so I am not the only one this change is effecting ..... after 1 quest with the changes to champions they are still too hard to solo in a timely manner (4 minutes to defeat 1 champ with 90% damage resistance in a lvl 16 elite quest) Turbine get a grip, the elitists are not the ones funding the game we regular gamers for fun are ....... when it is no longer fun then I will be just one of many that will no longer spend money on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by tangledone View Post
    I just cancelled my vip subscription after 4 and half years with DDO ..... The rampant lag, constant bugs, borks and the ridiculous Champions make playing sometimes impossible and more often unenjoyable ...... I have bought my wife and myself every pack released and have gone from playing at least 4 hours a day to barely 4 hours this week, because soloing is so tedious and slow now (10 quest completions per session down to 2 or 3 per session) it is not fun or challenging just frustrating. I have also noticed there are quite often 1 or 2 lfms when I am able to logon instead of the 6 to 10 so I am not the only one this change is effecting ..... after 1 quest with the changes to champions they are still too hard to solo in a timely manner (4 minutes to defeat 1 champ with 90% damage resistance in a lvl 16 elite quest) Turbine get a grip, the elitists are not the ones funding the game we regular gamers for fun are ....... when it is no longer fun then I will be just one of many that will no longer spend money on the game.
    *Opens the door and holds it open*

Good luck and thanks for your valuable input!!!!

BTW if you decide you would like to be able to deal with champs maybe ask someone for a little help with your build or gear. As mentioned in many posts before I have helped a LOT of newbies out over the last month and none of them whined about the champs. None of them have many issues now that they know how easy the champs are the deal with.

Toons - Ziffin / Hirtz / Mheka / Duskh
    Guild - High Lords of Malkier
    Server - Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by phillymiket View Post
    "Monster Champions no longer spawn in quests below level 5. Quests which are level 3 on Normal would not have Champions on Hard, but would on Elite, since Elite difficulty would bring the quest level to 5."

Awesome news!

I think this is the way to go.

I now totally Flip-Flop and am in support of Champions 100%.

Furthermore I am putting down my rocks and poo-balls and I am officially hopping back on the the DDO cheerleader bandwagon.
    Yeah, I had some time to think about it, and I think it's a good idea as well. New players in Kothos will avoid these no matter what difficulty they run.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by phillymiket View Post
    "Monster Champions no longer spawn in quests below level 5. Quests which are level 3 on Normal would not have Champions on Hard, but would on Elite, since Elite difficulty would bring the quest level to 5."

Awesome news!

I think this is the way to go.

I now totally Flip-Flop and am in support of Champions 100%.

Furthermore I am putting down my rocks and poo-balls and I am officially hopping back on the the DDO cheerleader bandwagon.
    Good move by Turbine. Anything they can do to retain new players is a step in the right direction.

Hold on. You ran into champs on normal? Because obviously running elite there's gonna be big strong guys in there which are way beyond what you can handle. If you ran into them on normal file a bug report. Otherwise carry on.

I just cancelled my vip subscription after 4 and half years with DDO ..... The rampant lag, constant bugs, borks and the ridiculous Champions make playing sometimes impossible and more often unenjoyable ...... I have bought my wife and myself every pack released and have gone from playing at least 4 hours a day to barely 4 hours this week, because soloing is so tedious and slow now (10 quest completions per session down to 2 or 3 per session) it is not fun or challenging just frustrating.
    While not a VIP, I also left the game because of Monster Champions. I regret the $200+ I spent on DDO for the three months of play I received, but I also understand and respect why remaining players enjoy them. *shrugs* "User experience may change during game play." With MMO companies I no longer expect consistency, loyalty, or value. In fact, I presume that if I really enjoy a game, the developers will screw it up with the next update. So it goes.

In tomb of the tormented, the carcass eaters should never be allowed to spawn as champions.

J

Community Member

Default reduced?

Just as an FYI:
    (Combat): Dragonwing Sorcerer's white dragon breath hit you for a total of 1,063 points of cold damage after 15 were blocked by energy resistance.

This is after things were "reduced." Now, you all will say, it may happen from time to time, or that was just out of the ordinary. What I say is: The party (yes I was in a party) went into the quest (epic hard), and I was popped (killed). We tried to survive the quest but we all ended up wiped. We went back and rebuffed at our ships then, tried the same quest again. I was again popped, just like the first time. Was resurrected, and then popped again the same way.

Does this mean I have to build ALL my toons to have over 1100 hit points in order to play the game? Is that how we are supposed to roll now?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerld View Post
    Just as an FYI:
    (Combat): Dragonwing Sorcerer's white dragon breath hit you for a total of 1,063 points of cold damage after 15 were blocked by energy resistance.

This is after things were "reduced." Now, you all will say, it may happen from time to time, or that was just out of the ordinary. What I say is: The party (yes I was in a party) went into the quest (epic hard), and I was popped (killed). We tried to survive the quest but we all ended up wiped. We went back and rebuffed at our ships then, tried the same quest again. I was again popped, just like the first time. Was resurrected, and then popped again the same way.

Does this mean I have to build ALL my toons to have over 1100 hit points in order to play the game? Is that how we are supposed to roll now?
    what build are you?
    what tactics did you try to avoid the damage?
    what gear do you have to absorb the damage?
    did you try a different approach or learn anything from the first time you were popped?

saying you took "X" damage which was more than your hp doesn't provide enough information.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Community Member

Just checking in 130 pages later to say I still like champions!

Back playing more this week after a 2 month siesta and got my first taste of Champions on Heroic levels 12 - 16.
    ran Gianthold, Necro 4, LOD, Harbinger, Vale, and some other quests on Heroic Elite. 50/50 solo play vs group play.
    Overall they seem to be a positive change. Noticed the challenge level slightly higher in a few quests; though nothing I couldn't handle. My main is a multi TR that has few problems playing anything outside EE.

- Sometimes bats, rats or other meaningless trash mobs get a champions crown and it doesn't seem to serve any real purpose.
    - If a champion is hiding the crown is still visible and gives them away.
    - The loot is pretty meh; more vendor trash is better than nothing maybe but that ain't saying much.
    - Didn't see anything on the remnants trade in reward list to make me even want to bother to collect them.

Do champions add any XP to the quest?
    Do champions on Hard ever spawn a chest?

Community Member

Just as an FYI:

I can understand not having fire shield + mrr + shiradi energy absorbtion to reduce that down to 200 and something hps... but how are you in epic hard and only have 15 points of cold damage resistance?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    I can understand not having fire shield + mrr + shiradi energy absorbtion to reduce that down to 200 and something hps... but how are you in epic hard and only have 15 points of cold damage resistance?
    I got popped once before, then rez'ed. the party was wiped while i just got back up to full health, then the sorc turned around and one shotted me again.

So for those who think the spell casting is random?... hmm... one shotted me, in about 20 seconds, sprayed and killed rest of party, then turned around and one shotted me again.

I propose the following:

Stoner81.
    Just an FYI...pretty sure STK3 is a lvl 5 quest so on Elite would be a lvl 7. A CR11 mob would be 4 levels higher which is really not that unreasonable. Sucks it was the elly though but it happens. Trip and kill.

Toons - Ziffin / Hirtz / Mheka / Duskh
    Guild - High Lords of Malkier
    Server - Sarlona

Community Member

I got popped once before, then rez'ed. the party was wiped while i just got back up to full health, then the sorc turned around and one shotted me again.

So for those who think the spell casting is random?... hmm... one shotted me, in about 20 seconds, sprayed and killed rest of party, then turned around and one shotted me again.
    It is a big number, but the fact that it is cold damage means that those big numbers can be reduced by large amounts.

Fireshield cuts it in half
    MRR applies
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Cold_Absorption_items
    I *think* it has a save, so the heavy/tower shield bonus applies

My NovaSoul build has so much fire absorption that I can stand on the flames in EE von5 or EE prove your worth and be fully healed by my palemaster aura. The fact that kind of defense is possible means the developers have to have some big damage numbers to get through it... Which can be rough when those numbers hit someone without those defenses.

and this is why I hate the BS of Champions with Ignore fortification.
    I can work with a high fort bypass that was the point of investing into a higher fortification, to survive those sneaky assassination attempts..
    a random wandering wolf gets a champion crown , trip. dead.
    This is the kind of BS that must end. a trash champion that does more damage than the red named end boss.

My 285% fortification is completely worthless as I get popped for 825 points of crit damage. from a stupid trash roving wolf with a champion crown in a level 24 quest.
    What is the point of investing into Fortification when random Champions can just ignore it completely.
    Are The Dev's telling us we should just say screw fortification and invest into becoming meatsacks of HP .. I used to think 900hp was enough for a wizard.

Last edited by JOTMON; 01-19-2015 at 09:06 PM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Page 130 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast