Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bring back old epics and let regular quests from level 20-28 be just that... regular quests.
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    Bring back old epics and let regular quests from level 20-28 be just that... regular quests.
    Please explain. "Old Epics" are easier than current EE. The massive buffs to player power are the problem. Bringing back old epics would be the same thing as actually just adding a challenging difficulty.

Community Member

No, no, no.

OK, I do agree that the game is getting easier and easier. Maybe we do need a small amount of difficulty increase. But be careful what you wish for. Game companies have a habit of always blowing things out of proportion. In another game I've been playing, we've been screaming for a long time for more difficulty, that the game had gotten too easy. So the devs in that game finally gave in to the players' desire for more difficulty and gave it to us. Long story short, content became so hard that it was unplayable for all but the most uber of players.

Game development time is valuable to these companies. If they are going to spend any amount of time on developing and coding changes, they have to see something profitable for that time. If Turbine was to give in to this desire from players for more difficulty, they would more than likely make such a big deal about it that it would go far beyond what we really want.

So I say No. Not because I don't want it, but because I have no faith in Turbine to give us a small amount of difficulty increase without fubaring the entire project and going too far.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taanus View Post
    No, no, no.

OK, I do agree that the game is getting easier and easier. Maybe we do need a small amount of difficulty increase. But be careful what you wish for. Game companies have a habit of always blowing things out of proportion. In another game I've been playing, we've been screaming for a long time for more difficulty, that the game had gotten too easy. So the devs in that game finally gave in to the players' desire for more difficulty and gave it to us. Long story short, content became so hard that it was unplayable for all but the most uber of players.

Game development time is valuable to these companies. If they are going to spend any amount of time on developing and coding changes, they have to see something profitable for that time. If Turbine was to give in to this desire from players for more difficulty, they would more than likely make such a big deal about it that it would go far beyond what we really want.

So I say No. Not because I don't want it, but because I have no faith in Turbine to give us a small amount of difficulty increase without fubaring the entire project and going too far.
    It would be impossible to create content that is too difficult except for the uber. That isn't what we're asking for. We're asking for a single difficulty. Yes, that single difficulty may be too hard for the majority of players. And that's perfectly fine because they have several other difficulties for the same exact content.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrackedIce View Post

As it stands no one runs casual.
    No one, huh?
    Ok, me 'n a couple of my buddies in our little RL friends guild wouldn't even look at anything below HE or EH, with EE a preference. But we have a couple of pals who are still ftp or 'premium', but barely. For these guys, solo casual is still not a cake walk for some quests. They don't have gear, they don't have knowledge about the game and they don't have experience of what works, where.
    OK, they haven't contributed much to the game financially, but they've kept me and others who have from getting bored or feeling obligated to go do something else.
    I'm pretty sure there are plenty like them. And plenty of newer players who feel the same. And plenty of experienced players who play for fun rather than challenge.
    Why should they have the game made harder? It alienates some player groups whilst making zero difference to anyone else.

This game has so many people in it who assume that because they do things a certain way, everyone else must be doing the same. Then they complain that there are no new players.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

No if you want to open on hard either be a tr or VIP

Beware the Sleepeater

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    Please explain. "Old Epics" are easier than current EE. The massive buffs to player power are the problem. Bringing back old epics would be the same thing as actually just adding a challenging difficulty.
    I think people confuse "hard" with "long". The old epics simply required knowing how to defeat the AI and then it took longer to do so because the massive HP (and sometime hp regen) relative to damage. It was all about damage avoidance and positioning tricks, not skill.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCaedus View Post
    I think people confuse "hard" with "long". The old epics simply required knowing how to defeat the AI and then it took longer to do so because the massive HP (and sometime hp regen) relative to damage. It was all about damage avoidance and positioning tricks, not skill.
    "Skill" in all games are simply positioning tricks.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    "Skill" in all games are simply positioning tricks.
    Uh no. For PVE MMOs this is perhaps the closest thing there is to "skill" if there is any skill at all, but in reality anyone can play an MMO and memorize how to beat the AI.

You have to play PVP to have any discussion about skill in MMOs. There is much more than positioning involved in PVP because you can't anticipate every move based on previous experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCaedus View Post
    Uh no. For PVE MMOs this is perhaps the closest thing there is to "skill" if there is any skill at all, but in reality anyone can play an MMO and memorize how to beat the AI.

You have to play PVP to have any discussion about skill in MMOs. There is much more than positioning involved in PVP because you can't anticipate every move based on previous experience.
    PVP is just who can manage a one-shot kill the fastest.
    Sarlona: Aramzim, Attickus, Behren, Daaghda, Darksyde, Fyggaro, Oldero
    Argonessen: Egyll, Ghrae, Mitrel, Physz, Sanjurow, Schaeleen
    Thelanis: Aarlyss, Eagynn | Ghallanda: Glooming | Khyber: Ghrae

[QUOTE=CrackedIce;5486693]Please move Heroic difficulties down one notch. Casual is the old normal, Normal is the old hard, Hard is the old epic and make Epic difficulty for heroics a harder difficulty.

As it stands no one runs casual. Make the new hard difficulty available to premium accounts and the new epic locked for VIP. So VIP still get the perks of opening on elite for their
    streaks.

In short, the major changes recently made each difficulty setting easier than it had been. And f2p and premium currently have to play in easy normal to unlock the higher difficulties. Normal has become soloable for a newbie when it used to provide some sense of accomplishment. That is what casual is supposed to
    Chances are I posted this reply to your thread and won't be checking back. If you have a comment that you think I must see then a PM would be in order.

I am sorry of this is going to come across negative.
    are you vip?
    Is your complaint about the dungeon being too easy or the fact that your (apologies I had to scrub this out) unable to open elite on a new toon due to being free to play or premium?
    i havent been posting much on the forums of late due to being very busy at work. but from what I can read here its always the same issues.
    make this harder cos im uber and its too easy.
    or
    make this so i dont have to pay money cos im a T&%$@ A%$.
    I pay a monthly subscription to this game, and buy all the new expansions, and i am guessing with what I have brought over the years i could probably dump my membership and still be able to play everything for free.
    My apologies guys, but I believe that if you enjoy something then support it. I pay my 10.00 per month to support this game so that it can stay alive.
    im probably getting off the original topic here, but just saying. most of the posts are about this scenario....

Here is an idea, is there a way to put next to the avatar the account type, if its free or vip.
    i guess then you would know who to take notice of and who not to.

Thanks guys and sorry about the rant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12