Default Erdrique's Blog-A Look at Another Older Quest-The Xorian Cipher

I took Hamllin into the Xorian Cipher and decided to write about this old but fun quest-A Look at Another Older Quest-The Xorian Cipher.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Erdrique View Post
    I took Hamllin into the Xorian Cipher and decided to write about this old but fun quest-A Look at Another Older Quest-The Xorian Cipher.
    Nice article, and a great quest.

One interesting fact. You can solo it with a single hireling. You can "push" the archers back by getting close, and so force them onto the pads. If you have the aggro, they will wait aiming fo you even when out of range, and totally ignore the hireling (who must be parked on the right hand side, as they need to pull the lever to let you through on the left. Make sure they are on passive mode, of course).

You can then "push" another archer onto the pad on the left corridor, trigger the last pad yourself, get the hireling to pull that last lever and then solo onwards in comfort

NB: You can't use the Owlbear hireling for this - they are too wide to walk through the entrance and will not move to the lever AFAIK all other hirelings do fine here, even Elieri Thistledown

Still one of my all time favorite quests.

Good variety within the quest
    Requires some teamwork
    Good Loot

Personally I would use this an an example of a well designed/implemented quest for new developers.

I'm sure there are players who don't care for it, but I always look forward to running Xorian Cipher when I TR.

I think for low to mid levels House J in general has some of the best quests in the game.
    Argonessenn -Officer of Storm Shadow-
    Olen Anteres

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_Ryu View Post
    Nice article, and a great quest.

One interesting fact. You can solo it with a single hireling. You can "push" the archers back by getting close, and so force them onto the pads. If you have the aggro, they will wait aiming fo you even when out of range, and totally ignore the hireling (who must be parked on the right hand side, as they need to pull the lever to let you through on the left. Make sure they are on passive mode, of course).

You can then "push" another archer onto the pad on the left corridor, trigger the last pad yourself, get the hireling to pull that last lever and then solo onwards in comfort

NB: You can't use the Owlbear hireling for this - they are too wide to walk through the entrance and will not move to the lever AFAIK all other hirelings do fine here, even Elieri Thistledown
    Thank you!! I forgot about using charmed enemies to help get the runes to trigger, that is clever idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerD View Post
    Still one of my all time favorite quests.

Good variety within the quest
    Requires some teamwork
    Good Loot

Personally I would use this an an example of a well designed/implemented quest for new developers.

I'm sure there are players who don't care for it, but I always look forward to running Xorian Cipher when I TR.

I think for low to mid levels House J in general has some of the best quests in the game.
    It definitely is a fun quest but can be tough as well. I also think House J has some of the better quests at low to mid-levels. The Haunted Library, Red Willow, The Enemy Within, Xorian Cipher, Dreams of Insanity, and of course Delera's Graveyard are all fun and interesting quests.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Erdrique View Post
    Thank you!! I forgot about using charmed enemies to help get the runes to trigger, that is clever idea!!
    They don't need to be charmed - in fact it works better if they aren't!