Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Default Barbarian new enhancement trees

Typing this message to give my feedback after testing a pure barbarian in Vol epic elite.

I rolled a 28pt build pure greataxe barbarian and geared with necro 4 gear from the dojo.

Taking proficiency with heavy armor is a must and I was pleased to see this character hit 175 PRR while blitzing.
    The PRR is where it should be, and in fact I was able to tank damage from melee monsters and deal quite a bit of dps. The new +1W and the extra melee power from frenzy beserk tree is a welcome addition.

Where the character was really lacking is healing amplification. The changes to healing amplification not being % but a straight number really affected the ability to self heal myself.

I got 30 healing amp from berserk, 40 from occult slayer and 20 from ravager tree.
    The heals you can get from cure serious potions are very low, around 70 per potion. From sacred ground I was getting healed for 216 which is decent but not quite as good as I was hoping because sacred ground is the only reliable ability a barbarian has to self heal while raged and to make it good enough to survive we need more healing amplification.

My recommendation is to modify the cores from all the barbarians trees to give 10 amp every core we select.
    With the same points spent I'd get 60 from frenzy berserk, 40 from occult and 30 from ravager for a total of 130 that should be just enough to make it possible to self heal decently with normal potions (let's face it: silver flames are not an option for the serious debuffs they apply) or sacred ground.
    Last edited by Aviya; 11-20-2014 at 05:01 AM.
    Yeela - Favored Soul Healer and Nuker
    Xylah - Pally Arcane Archer
    Redsonjah - Barbarian DPS