I would like to get a build for the following
    0- best race other than human if possible- human if necessary
    1- WF,Arti with xxx if needed to get other stuff below
    2- minimum be able to self heal, best case self heal and friend heal
    3- what start stats to take
    4. what feats to take
    5. what enhanvcements to take
    6. what equipment to get/buy on AH if possible
    7. whatever I forgot that you see immediately. I am old so miss stuff regularly
    8. my current goal is to get to 20, run whatever possible solo to get there, then figure out this LR/TR thing- if I am still alive by then. lol
    9. also traps/secret doors open locks et c

I realize this may not be possible but....

if this is not possible or more likely that I am asking too much, just tell me and I will go away. I have asked for builds before but failed to explain exactly what I wanted or changed in middle of discussion. I sincerely hope that is not the case here. thanks for whatever I get.
    Last edited by rlarge; 11-11-2014 at 09:51 PM.

Community Member

All arties are very UMD-friendly, so you should have no issues healing yourself or a partymate no matter what race you choose. However, if you go WF, you can repair yourself most easily, and can set your dog to autorepair you later on. As a fleshy, you can take Construct Essence, which penalises your positive energy healing while enabling you to get some healing from repair spells. As a fleshy, you can also drink Cure pots, UMD wands/scrolls once you get enough skill points, or toss Infusions (this can get very expensive, as each infusion takes a cure pot as an ingredient).

It would be helpful if you could state what sort of playstyle you want. Artificers from 1-20 can be played as ranged characters, casters, or even melees. Each will require different feats and setups. Some information on whether you intend to play through normals or elites in your solo journey would also be helpful.
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

Community Member

ty for the indo so far. as to your questions. I want to play solo through normal to elites to the extent possible. I will use hirelings where necessary. I prefer melee for this character. maybe TWF or two handed if it is possible here. I have messed up many builds in the last 2 months or so. That is why I want all the lay out from people who know what they are doing.

Community Member

If you want a melee arti, you should try a classic juggernaut (warforged 16 arti 2 paladin 2 monk), its a bit dated but since you want a heroic melee life its probably what youre looking for. decent melee, trapping, very surviable, can use crossbows as ranged option. Normally bladeforged would be better for that build but since you want to go 1-20 i guess iconics arent an option.

Fighting style is THF with cleaves, since you dont go epic you should probably skip the manyshot route and go full THF line with cleaves instead. Some ranged feats for repeaters are ok I guess.

If you want better melee and dont care too much about epics, you can go 14 arti 4 pally 2 monk for all the goodies of 4 pally (defensive stance, turn undead for divine might). This loses you reconstruct and deadly weapons, though, which would be missed if you go epic.

If you want a bit more arti style you could go 17 arti 3 bard or 15 arti 2 rogue 3 bard for swashbuckler. edit: or even go 6 bard for full swashbuckler.
    Last edited by Makkuroi; 11-12-2014 at 09:44 AM.
    Zeugen der Dreizehn, Thelanis:
    Makkuroi, chain TR: currently drow pure caster warlock
    PLs: Completionist; 3xWiz, Sor; 2x Pal, Brd, Monk EPLs: 3x CotQ,Brc,DS,EW,EC 1xFH,PLD ; IPLs: 2x BF; 3x PDK, SDK

Community Member

ok thx. I guess I need to think some more. I did not realize that there were so many options. If going epic means getting to 28 then I am not against that just don't know what it involves. any way thx for the help

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rlarge View Post
    ok thx. I guess I need to think some more. I did not realize that there were so many options. If going epic means getting to 28 then I am not against that just don't know what it involves. any way thx for the help
    In this game, there are quite literally too many options to count them all.

... notable equipment with an artificer, if you want to heal (non-warforged/bladeforged) friends you'll probably do that with either wands or scrolls. Same thing with raise dead, &c...

Don't have artificer or warforged myself so no personal experience on those really, but I'm told they're good for soloing, yes.

For a first-life soloable trapper, there are still plenty of options... what I've been having fun with recently is a human ranger/warpriest trapper (1 rogue / 7 cleric / 12 ranger), I got the impression that you'd prefer a non-human though - just say if you want a more specific listing on that anyway.
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of a few more DDO players.