Community Member

Default Ambient sounds fade out during combat

I'm playing through "The End of the Road" (an example) and noticing a very annoying glitch - this area has ambient forest sounds (insects buzzing, birds, etc) and they fade away and stop as soon as combat starts, and then flip back on a second or two after combat ends. This gets really weird when enemies are a few paces apart and it takes a second or two to close the gap - insects start buzzing for a bit, then shut up, then buzz again. Really disturbing. Are the bugs supposed to be watching me fight, waiting in anticipation to see if I fail?

Is this WAI? Does this have anything to do with Update 14 splitting the combat and ambient sounds to separate channels? I don't see how it could be WAI, because I can legitimately turn sound effects and combat sound sliders to 0 and now the game just gets silent while i'm in combat lol

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by korgat View Post
    I'm playing through "The End of the Road" (an example) and noticing a very annoying glitch - this area has ambient forest sounds (insects buzzing, birds, etc) and they fade away and stop as soon as combat starts, and then flip back on a second or two after combat ends. This gets really weird when enemies are a few paces apart and it takes a second or two to close the gap - insects start buzzing for a bit, then shut up, then buzz again. Really disturbing. Are the bugs supposed to be watching me fight, waiting in anticipation to see if I fail?

Is this WAI? Does this have anything to do with Update 14 splitting the combat and ambient sounds to separate channels? I don't see how it could be WAI, because I can legitimately turn sound effects and combat sound sliders to 0 and now the game just gets silent while i'm in combat lol

it's still broken in some places.
    It's broken in The High Road wilderness & The End of the Road quest, Kings Forest wilderneses
    NOT broken in The Storm Horns wilderness
    That's all I had time to check

set your sound settings to:
    ->Master Volume=1.0
    Sound Effects Volume=0.0
    Combat Sound Volume=0.0
    Music Volume=0.0
    ->Ambient Sound Volume=1.0
    DM Narration=0.0
    UI Volume=0.0
    Enter the zone/quest, you'll hear the ambient sound (bees, birds, crickets, etc).
    Start fighting, sound will fade out slowly.
    Finish fighting, sound pop back in to max.