Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    A Character with Max Dodge is most likely wearing an outfit or robes and not using any sort of shield.

So exactly where do you get 60+ PRR from on that character?
    Ok you'll have to forgive me if I mess up any named items or actual PRR number but here goes:

Dumathoins(?) Bracers +30
    Bladeforged Enhancement +12
    Imp Shield from EK tree +10
    Circle of Malevolence +5
    Monk Earth Stance +3

I think that adds to 60 and I believe that was my setup. Again I am at work will have to check when I get home.

Do I need corrected anywhere?

And no I don't use the same gear setup and my gear is not ideal but this is stuff I couldn't pass up because I could still keep my DC and damage numbers good

Toons - Ziffin / Hirtz / Mheka / Duskh
    Guild - High Lords of Malkier
    Server - Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by Sehenry03 View Post
    Ok you'll have to forgive me if I mess up any named items or actual PRR number but here goes:

Dumathoins(?) Bracers +30
    Bladeforged Enhancement +12
    Imp Shield from EK tree +10
    Circle of Malevolence +5
    Monk Earth Stance +3

I think that adds to 60 and I believe that was my setup. Again I am at work will have to check when I get home.

Do I need corrected anywhere?

And no I don't use the same gear setup and my gear is not ideal but this is stuff I couldn't pass up because I could still keep my DC and damage numbers good
    So you have to be a Bladeforged Earth Stance Monk with Wizard or Sorc levels then?

What can an actual Fleshy Monk in any of the other stances get as a reasonable number at Lvls 15,20,24 and 28?

I only took the first one. The best earth stance gives something like +15 and not really a huge deal.

Server - Sarlona

So you have to be a Bladeforged Earth Stance Monk with Wizard or Sorc levels then?

What can an actual Fleshy Monk in any of the other stances get as a reasonable number at Lvls 15,20,24 and 28?
    Well this whole build is based on being a toaster I just went with BF because they are better sorcs then WF. I never claimed being a fleshy would get the same PRR.

I would guess a fleshy PRR would be 12 lower but I have never looked at the fleshy enhancements to see if I could do better.

I just said I had 60PRR and Max Dodge which I managed.

Server - Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by Sehenry03 View Post
    Well this whole build is based on being a toaster I just went with BF because they are better sorcs then WF. I never claimed being a fleshy would get the same PRR.

I would guess a fleshy PRR would be 12 lower but I have never looked at the fleshy enhancements to see if I could do better.

I just said I had 60PRR and Max Dodge which I managed.
    I apologise...As my original point was perhaps going off topic for this specific thread.

BUT

I stand by my point in the general sense.

Dodge is a broken mechanic that gives more benefit to the guy with a good PRR/MRR score than the other way round!

I apologise...As my original point was perhaps going off topic for this specific thread.

BUT

I stand by my point in the general sense.

Dodge is a broken mechanic that gives more benefit to the guy with a good PRR/MRR score than the other way round!
    Oh well this is 100% true.

But I have always thought Dodge/Blur/Displace were horrible systems for defense and did not have any long lasting benefits for the game. As a personal opinion I think the game is 100 times better off now with those going to the wayside. Evasion I am a bit skewed against. I don't mind it personally but it irritated the hell out of me that it was the only true defensive option for how many years? Most decent builds had either 2/6 monk or 2 rogue splashed and I HATE that you can splash 2 levels of anything and get that powerful of a benefit out of it. I am glad Heavy Armor has become so big and that evasion has been knocked back a few pegs simply because of that.

I wish they would implement a system that would stop a simple splashing for effects like this. I know I am in the minority here its just another crutch I think along with easy scroll healing and other things.

But yes...you are 100% correct Dodge is not nearly as good as it was before the last few updates.

Server - Sarlona

Community Member

Layered defenses work that way, as they should and that is a good thing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123