Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scrabbler View Post
    Clicking on Frenzy, Death Frenzy, or Storm's Eye does not provide temporary hp, healing, maximum hp, Constitution, or anything else that acts like temporary hp
    ok so since you don't feel like reading ill post here for you. if you keep saying that I am saying it grants temporary hp, I will have no need to respond to you anymore.

Frenzy: (1 AP, Barbarian Level 6). Activation Cost: 10 Hit Points. Cooldown: 30 seconds. Enter a frenzy, increasing your strength by +2 and adding Vicious to your melee weapons. You gain +30 hit points and +10 healing amplification.

it COSTS 10 hp to activate.

you GAIN 30 hp

30 - 10 = +20 hp. its LIKE temporary hp and just LIKE temporary hp it will go away eventually.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    barbarians have always had high dps. its just in a game that evolved into BYOH, they struggled to sustain that dps and the damage mitigation didn't get updated. its still looking like it wont get updated. the armor changes helps along with MRR, but its not enough.
    No, barbs have had bad DPS for most of their career, starting at release, getting decent DPS around U11, and then back to the scrapper after epic levels.
    Your personal analogies don't really hold up to math or other people's experience.
    Formerly known as Absolute-Omniscience, co-creator of the old DPS calc.

Community Member

ok so since you don't feel like reading ill post here for you. if you keep saying that I am saying it grants temporary hp, I will have no need to respond to you anymore.
    a barbarian with both frenzies will activate them at the same time. that means 100 temporary hp while dealing 1d3 and 4d6 damage to self per hit. gone in just a few seconds.

you GAIN 30 hp
    30 - 10 = +20 hp. its LIKE temporary hp and just LIKE temporary hp it will go away eventually.
    For the fifth time: that is not true. Clicking Frenzy does not give you 30 hitpoints in any form: not temp hp, not healing, not max hp, and not Con mod.

0 - 10 = -10 hp.

Quote Originally Posted by A-O View Post
    No, barbs have had bad DPS for most of their career, starting at release, getting decent DPS around U11, and then back to the scrapper after epic levels.
    Your personal analogies don't really hold up to math or other people's experience.
    than I question how you built your barb to perform so poorly.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

For the fifth time: that is not true. Clicking Frenzy does not give you 30 hitpoints in any form: not temp hp, not healing, not max hp, and not Con mod.

0 - 10 = -10 hp.
    welcome to ignore list
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

Must have copied your build.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Thinking on it further, the key problem with the current version of Storm's Eye (ending when your hp is under 50%) is that in content which is of easy or moderate difficulty (like a regular dungeon with a Cleric hireling) it is trivial to keep it going. In those situations, it's pretty much a passive +25 damage.

But in fairly hard content, it is onerous or impossible to keep Storm's Eye going. So it doesn't help the class much to make them better at easy fights and the same at hard fights... we'd rather do the reverse.

Other possibilities to change when Storm's Eye ends:
    • A simple 60 second timer, or 45 seconds + con mod.
    • A 40 second timer, but once per 9 seconds when you take damage the duration extends +5.
    • When you cast Storm's Eye, the buff starts with a counter equal to your max hp. When you've taken damage adding up to your hp total, the buff ends.
    Well, looking at all the healing amp and hp bonuses, I think it will be far easier to keep 51% or higher. I really like these changes.

heal amp needs to be good enough in the trees to be able to heal yourself with CSW for minimum 500 hp in epics.
    Good suggestion. But would you like that for fleshy or Warforged you keep mentioning ?

Shahang (hjealme), Wipekin (kotc), Nezhat (barbie) Ghallanda/Devourer

Quote Originally Posted by Wipey View Post
    Good suggestion. But would you like that for fleshy or Warforged you keep mentioning ?
    that should be for fleshy, but repair amp needs to be included as well. there is too much focus on positive healing when actual melee forges are being overlooked again.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

Get rid of all that Hamp in each and every Barb tree. There is no reason for barbs to be the best non-caster self-healers in game.
    If you guys want to reliably heal yourselves with pots, why don't you suggest an enhancement line boosting for example caster level of pots, something similar to Wand & Scroll Mastery, instead of all that truckload of Hamp that will allow you to get healed for 17hp (!) per hit or 60+ hp per 4 seconds?
    See, i solved your problem. Your welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolute-Omniscience View Post
    Did Einstein solo eLoB without pots or what?
    Guild: Captain's Crew
    Characters: Kyorli , Xunrae , Halisstra , Nyarly

core abilities

Frenzy- you spend 10 hp to activate and gain 20 hp (30-10) applying 1d3 damage to self per hit. so its basically a temporary 20 hp that will be gone in a couple seconds.

Death Frenzy- you spend 20 hp to activate and gain 80 hp (100-20) applying 4d6 damage to self per hit. so another temporary 80 hp that will be gone in a couple seconds.

a barbarian with both frenzies will activate them at the same time. that means 100 temporary hp while dealing 1d3 and 4d6 damage to self per hit. gone in just a few seconds. BTW, wiki says bane damage scales depending on number of party members going as high as 1d4 for vicious. is that still true?

Storms Eye- spend 100 hp to activate and gain 70 hp? (150 hp + 4 con - 100). math is hard. the draw is the +40 heal amp that you get every 3 minutes with a 30 second timer IF you activate it that often. it looks more like an oh s**t panic button or a tank button to me.

Frenzy: (1 AP, Barbarian Level 6). Activation Cost: 10 Hit Points. Cooldown: 30 seconds. Enter a frenzy, increasing your strength by +2 and adding Vicious to your melee weapons. You gain +30 hit points and +10 healing amplification.

you GAIN 30 hp

Ok, take a deep breath. Here it goes. Hit points and Hamp in cores are not linked to clickies. These are passive bonuses you get for spending APs on those cores. You don't need to have Frenzy/Death Frenzy/Storm's Eye active to get respective HP and Hamp. So in no way they are "temporary hitpoints".

Let's say your barb has 1000hp and 10 Hamp. He trains Frenzy. Now he has 1030hp and 20 Hamp and when, and only when, you click and activate Frenzy you take 10 dmg. Understand now? Don't bash ppl when they are trying to correct your misconception.

Quote Originally Posted by brzytki View Post
    Get rid of all that Hamp in each and every Barb tree. There is no reason for barbs to be the best non-caster self-healers in game.
    If you guys want to reliably heal yourselves with pots, why don't you suggest an enhancement line boosting for example caster level of pots, something similar to Wand & Scroll Mastery, instead of all that truckload of Hamp that will allow you to get healed for 17hp (!) per hit or 60+ hp per 4 seconds?
    See, i solved your problem. Your welcome.
    A +1 to the caster level of cure potions means exactly +1 more HP healed. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    A +1 to the caster level of cure potions means exactly +1 more HP healed. No thanks.
    Didn't know it's only +1 HP per 1 CL. So something along the lines of W&SM then. Shouldn't be hard to implement since there are similar enhancements. Just play a little with percentages to adjust it.
    Last edited by brzytki; 10-25-2014 at 07:01 PM.

C'mon man, don't people ever read sigs anymore? Do you think I'd bust out statements like that without being fully confident in what I'm saying?
    Formerly known as Absolute-Omniscience, co-creator of the old DPS calc.

Ok, take a deep breath. Here it goes. Hit points and Hamp in cores are not linked to clickies. These are passive bonuses you get for spending APs on those cores. You don't need to have Frenzy/Death Frenzy/Storm's Eye active to get respective HP and Hamp. So in no way they are "temporary hitpoints".

Let's say your barb has 1000hp and 10 Hamp. He trains Frenzy. Now he has 1030hp and 20 Hamp and when, and only when, you click and activate Frenzy you take 10 dmg. Understand now? Don't bash ppl when they are trying to correct your misconception.
    Welcome to ignore list.

well the discussion wasn't about heal amp, it was about cost to activate the clicky and what you gain from activating the clicky.

you GAIN 30 hp

simple math is simple math.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by A-O View Post
    C'mon man, don't people ever read sigs anymore? Do you think I'd bust out statements like that without being fully confident in what I'm saying?
    right back at ya
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

18. 10-25-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote Originally Posted by b_r_z_y_t_k_i View Post
    Still wrong. Stop copy-pasting your thoughts and try to read more what ppl wrote. You don't get any hp for activating Frenzy. It's a passive hp and you get it even when Frenzy is not active.

you GAIN 30 hp

simple math is simple math. read the description and read what I wrote.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

Lol Qhualor. You're reading the description wrong. There's an active component and a passive component.

You should really learn to start reading other people's posts better, when they're trying to help.
    Thelanis -- Wulverine + [Funkaholic, Funkatronic, Funkarific]

Quote Originally Posted by Wulverine View Post
    Lol Qhualor. You're reading the description wrong. There's an active component and a passive component.

You should really learn to start reading other people's posts better, when they're trying to help.
    I really don't understand how people cant read the description. its there plain as day. it costs 10 hit points to activate. you gain 30 hit points when you activate it. that's a gain of 20 hit points. you lose it eventually as you do vicious damage to yourself or other means of damage.

I actually feel like im being trolled here.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast